PDA

View Full Version : Acid pro?

eyes without a face
18-10-2002, 01:34 AM
i got Acid and was just wondering wot people use it for? with me using fruity mainly, i cant see anything that Acid can do for me that fruity cant????

MARKEG
22-10-2002, 11:15 PM
Acid is a way of working with already made loops. What you find is, Acid will enable you to really fill out your tracks if you use loads of drum loops from sample CD's.

The recent addition of MIDI capability also means you can use MIDI stuff too - previously you had to export the loops into a sequencer like logic or cubase...

aggressor
23-10-2002, 12:53 AM
don't forget vsti's..

Mindful
03-09-2004, 11:47 PM
i use it for almost every thing from creating my loops,to getting my grooves(or grinds)going,adding effects,compression,eq ect,for laying my full track out.its also pretty good for just jamming :dance:i.e.I get a joint on the go a brew or a stella,get a groove goin and add and subtract shit live you can preview loops live(your own or stuff off sample c.d.s) just treat the wav files as tho there locked grooves and treat the channels as decks,its like having endless amounts of decks that self beat match,use your real decks aswell(if ya into that sort a thing that is) Is that off the subject?
ANY HOW ive used it for years now and have had a couple of different versions i love it man ive tryd to step up to more high profile software but so far my production style has been created with acid(not the drug) :love:

180mph
11-09-2004, 05:04 PM
i learned on acid and still use it to this day as my sequencer. unfortunately thats also to do with having a shit processor that cant handle the reason sequencer and one that hurls abusive noizes at me whenever i use more than 6 midi channels in sx. having said that, i'd still use acid even if i had a p4xe. i just love the layout and the ease of writing. the sound is shit though and i always render all the tracks down to full audio files for use in sx. takes a bloody long time to do a full track though :doh:

fatcollective
11-09-2004, 05:41 PM
i started on acid (well no i didnt it was an amiga, but we wont go into that one) but these days, i would use Acid for making a mix of my own tracks...like save all the tracks i have made on Cubase as wav files (at the same bpm usually 145BPM) and get mixin em, its great fun to hear your own tracks mixed and also better (imo) to give out, sometimes a mixed Cd is much better to listen to...goin of the topic again :doh: ...sorry!

278d7e64a374de26f==