View Full Version : smithy

dee
24-05-2004, 02:23 PM
man u are on the verge of signing alan smith for £8.5m well worth it
we need a player like him

Esox Lucius
24-05-2004, 02:25 PM
noooooooooooooooo not another scum fan!! :lol:

no doubt you are not from Manchester like the other glory hunters on here :lol: ;)

Hakka
24-05-2004, 04:59 PM
Alan Smith will make a good replacement for Solkjear. I imagine Ferguson is realising that Solkjear is getting on (well, not really old but he will loose value quickly and Smith is going to get better...) and I think Fergie is thinking long term.

Smith as a sub behind Saha & Van Nisterooy at front... that's not bad an attack.

Col
24-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Alan Smith will make a good replacement for Solkjear. I imagine Ferguson is realising that Solkjear is getting on (well, not really old but he will loose value quickly and Smith is going to get better...) and I think Fergie is thinking long term.

Smith as a sub behind Saha & Van Nisterooy at front... that's not bad an attack.

i cant see smith being on the subs bench. i reckon fergie will have him in the first team week in week out.

Hakka
24-05-2004, 06:59 PM
Over Saha or Van Nisterooy? Can't see that happening! Maybe in a few years when Smith gets better.

Col
24-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Over Saha or Van Nisterooy? Can't see that happening! Maybe in a few years when Smith gets better.

i think he will look at ways of playing them altogether. smiths too good for any premiership sides sub bench. even scums.

Hakka
24-05-2004, 07:08 PM

i think he will look at ways of playing them altogether. smiths too good for any premiership sides sub bench. even scums.

True... Smith probably will want first team footy, but who'd you trust to bang it in on the big games? Saha and Van Nisterooy for me. Although Saha could play out wide?

Smith would no doubt score goals at United though. Damnit!

Col
24-05-2004, 09:44 PM

Although Saha could play out wide?

thats what i was thinking, i think he will have saha on the right wing, linking up with smith and van nistelroy when he gets the chance.

dee
25-05-2004, 01:34 AM
i also thinck fergie will find a way to play all three he always comes up with something ;)

Numeric
25-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Utd are strongest when playin two up-front, i wanna see that Ruud/Saha strike force rippin teams apart next season. If Smith does come, it will be in a support strike role, comin off the bench, startin the odd game. There are enough fixtures to keep him in the first team picture...

Numeric
27-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Looks like Smithy's now a Utd player, ahem, real Utd i mean...

;)

We're lookin very strong up-front now, with options comin out of our ears. Four decent strikers in Ruud/Saha/Ole and now Smith. Pure options on the right, Christiano/Ole/Smith/Saha, good cover on the left, Giggs/Christiano...

Can't wait to get the European Championships out of the way so we can get down to real business again...

:lol:

dee
27-05-2004, 01:32 PM
smithyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy y!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! my cousin is well pissed off he's a leeds fan :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==