PDA

View Full Version : MORE SX Q'S!

MARKEG
04-03-2003, 04:05 PM
Alright guys. How do you bump the cycle back and forth with a key command? Like, let's say you're working on the bit between bars 1+4 and then you want to move the locators to 4-7 quickly?

Anyone know?

4play
05-03-2003, 01:11 AM
Yo Mark hows it going mate!

Dont know if this is what u mean but Which i finds easier is if you have a loop looping between 1 and 4 just hold down ctrl and keep taping number 1 for left locator to move to next bar and use ctrl and number 2 to move right locator then is wont interrupt your loop whilst listening quite handy if you dont wana stop the loop and go staight in to the next!

MARKEG
06-03-2003, 12:47 AM
g8!! thanx.. but does anyone know how to shift the whole loop?

detfella
06-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Dont know about shifting loop points, but using markers on SX is a good way to quickly jump about the track.

Ctrl+(3-9) sets the marker
Shift+(3-9) jumps to the marker

DJZeMig_L
07-03-2003, 02:55 PM
Hey..

There is a way 2 record the locators position, and then with a key press u jump there... but I do not know them by heart... Mind u that cubase help file is really helpfull!!!

But I guess what U need is a mix between the technik above and the 1 xplained by 4play!!

Some people play live using this way.... as soon as your play indicator passes the left locator, u click (with th control key already pressed) on the bar were u want it to jump 2... as soon as the play pointer touched the right indicator it seemlesly jumps 2 the left locator... then U just do the same with the (while holding alt key) right locator!...... Just like 4play tryed xplainin'

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==