PDA

View Full Version : Cartridges

Louis Theroux
24-05-2004, 09:31 PM
Just bought myself an almost new set of Technics. Now that I have the decks I thought I would upgrade the Needles & Cartridges but there are so many to choose from.

I asked for some advice in the shop but they were as much help as an ashtray on a motorbike. I mostly play techno & try to spice up things with a little bit of scratching.

Can anyone advise me on what Stylus' I should be buying/looking for?

These things are not cheap so price might come into it. Nothing too expensive.

basslinejunkie
24-05-2004, 09:42 PM
i got sum shure m44-7's for my birthday last week,they are absoulutely amazing.would definately recomend these ;)

maily
24-05-2004, 11:52 PM
i got sum shure m44-7's for my birthday last week,they are absoulutely amazing.would definately recomend these ;)

agree fully, best carts i have ever used :clap:
dont skip much, even on really f**kd up vinyl,
and kick out loads of signal, it's quite surprising how much louder they are than ortofons or stantons.

TripleX
26-05-2004, 02:11 PM
i´d also say go for these shur m44-7
they are wicked

basslinejunkie
26-05-2004, 02:18 PM
very reasonably priced 2 id say at 69quid,considering the sound quality they kick out.i cant see anythin else being as good as these,ive read reviews on the net from ppl who previously paid 150 plus for ortofons,then got a pair of these and were gobsmaked :)

Barely Human
26-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Yeah man, sure m-447's all the way! Best cartride ever made imo. You can set the cartrige at an outwards angle and they wont ever jump, but this will wear your vinyl to hell, so take the weight off when playing tracks.

278d7e64a374de26f==