PDA

View Full Version : bloody usb drivers

FILTERZ
25-05-2004, 04:34 PM
90 percent of the time i boot my laptop up and when i fire up sx and go to load a project it tells me my steinberg midex 8 is missing , i then go back out and do install hardware from control panel which asks me if i had allready installed the hardware , i say yes of course i bloody have you electric fool, it then asks me to choose my hardware from a list i do this and it says this device is working properly, which it then is and i can get on with making music , 10 percent of the time it works without doing this .
It only takes a couple of minutes but its driving me out of my tiny and ever shrinking mind :rambo: :evil: :rambo: :evil:
i realise this isnt a strictly production issue but i thought someone may have had a similair with usb stuff before

DJZeMig_L
25-05-2004, 06:05 PM
U might have already tryed this but I'll have 2 do a manual install!

meaning go to control panel/device manager/ do let windows do any install for ya... u point 2 the driver file, and u say wich driver needs updated. Even if it tells ya everything is alright!
I have described this loads of times in posts about probs with intalling soundcards and stuff!

PS - ALWAYS USE THE SAME USB PORT!

Z

DJZeMig_L
25-05-2004, 06:09 PM
PS2 - If u need 2 unplug at anytime, always use the windows safe hardware remove (generally an Icon on the bottom left with a small box and a arrow abouve it pointing left)

Hope this helpz!

Z

FILTERZ
26-05-2004, 10:51 AM
PS2 - If u need 2 unplug at anytime, always use the windows safe hardware remove (generally an Icon on the bottom left with a small box and a arrow abouve it pointing left)

Hope this helpz!

Z

cheers z ,i will give it a go

278d7e64a374de26f==