PDA

View Full Version : Tronic Treatment NYC Last Night!!!

darklight
26-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Tronic Treatment was slamming last night. Adam X just slayed everyone with a terrific set. I haven't seeing him playing this good in a long while and Terrence Fixmer life PA was also great. All in all an exellent night. I am really looking foward to Ben Simms next week.

BTW anyone call tell me what style of techno I can expect from Deetron (Switzerland) and Tobias Van Hofsten (Sweeden)?

The Overfiend
26-05-2004, 03:40 AM
Tronic Treatment was slamming last night. Adam X just slayed everyone with a terrific set. I haven't seeing him playing this good in a long while and Terrence Fixmer life PA was also great. All in all an exellent night. I am really looking foward to Ben Simms next week.

BTW anyone call tell me what style of techno I can expect from Deetron (Switzerland) and Tobias Van Hofsten (Sweeden)?

How was Dan Physics set?

darklight
26-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Honestly I can not tell you because I left about 15 minutes after his set started. But in those 15 minutes it sounded just Ok not as good as Adam X.

DROID
26-05-2004, 09:26 AM
what kinda stuff was adam playing? :rambo:

VOMATRON
26-05-2004, 10:08 AM
dunno bout deetron, but tobias von hofsten has made some great tunes...after hours, swinger, love my 808...i never heard him play face to face, but his dj sets ive heard over the net have consisted of more boring material than he produces himself,so...

scienceofuse
26-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Deetron should be funky.

The Overfiend
26-05-2004, 03:04 PM
Sims, Deetron, and Tobias? I would be a crackhead not to leave Jersey for this one.

darklight
26-05-2004, 06:50 PM
what kinda stuff was adam playing? :rambo:

He was playing heavy, heavy tunes that were not as minimal as I was used to hearing from him (I had not heard him in years). I really liked that stuff he played I wish I could describe it better but I can't.

darklight
26-05-2004, 06:58 PM
Sims, Deetron, and Tobias? I would be a crackhead not to leave Jersey for this one.

I just hope they don't play too housy. I hate housy techno.

The Overfiend
26-05-2004, 06:59 PM

I still don't understand how people could hate house and love techno, when most hard techno contains elements of old ass house songs.

Frank Dogshit
26-05-2004, 07:05 PM
fixmer live,bloody lovely!!

jonnyspeed
26-05-2004, 07:06 PM
because 'house' is generally slow, commercial and attracts twats

...again this is only my opinion, which last time I read the rules I was entitled to.

dirty_bass
26-05-2004, 07:13 PM
house isn`t allways commercial, there`s loads of house about that is dead progressive, using sounds and techniques a lot of techno hasn`t got yet.

And it is slower, but techno is also better slower, there`s more room for the sounds, and people can dance properly, rather than jump around like gurning idiots.

Fast techno is for people who can`t dance. :lol:

Sunil
26-05-2004, 07:23 PM

I still don't understand how people could hate house and love techno, when most hard techno contains elements of old ass house songs.

I don't. It all depends on your attitude towards techno and what parts of it appeal to you. I remember reading or hearing about all these 'techno' classic tracks that I should like, and when it came to me actually hearing them i realised i really didn't like them, many of them were house records that just didn't contain the particular rawness or feelings that got me into techno in the first place. "Strings of life" for instance or much of the original techno that has come from Detroit I'm not mad for. I appreciate their place in history and their importance in the development of techno but as tracks in their own right to my own ears I just can't feel them, in fact there's quite a lot of characteristics in tracks such as these that remind me of many of the things I don't like about dance music. Anyway, what I'm saying is probably a contradiction on paper but to me it feels right :)

Techno has mutated in many which ways so the house records of old even if they are sampled into new techno still aren't always visible or apparant enough to force themselves into people's psyche, thus making them like house. Someone could be extremely into the deep, dubby sound of Germany but that doesn't mean reggae mightn't get on their nerves.

Sunil
26-05-2004, 07:26 PM

I don't.

I meant to say "I do" there, not "I don't" !

darklight
26-05-2004, 07:45 PM

I guess I should clarify that. I don't really hate house or housy techno but my first experience of techno was the old rotterdam and german sound back in 93 and I still have that fondness for the kind of techno that has a more electronic, harder sound than what I view as the house sound that tends to be more melodic. It is hard for me to explain. But is not necesarely about the speed either. There is just a certain sound that I love and that I know when I hear it. My favorite techno album ever is still CJ Bolland's The 4th Sign and some people would consider track like mantra and camargue to be housy techno. I think at the end of the day I will just forego labels and name and just go for the sounds I like.

These are the DJs that I really like Chris Liebing, Sven Vath, Adam Beyer. I also loved Dave Angel, Daz Soundz, Colin Favour and Colin Dale in the early and mid 90s.

The Overfiend
26-05-2004, 07:53 PM
Havent heard any Daz Sound or Sound Associates in a while. I had a few tracks from them and one on Tag was a standout, prob would have sounded better with better mastering.

VOMATRON
26-05-2004, 10:24 PM
ive come to appreciate house a lot more over the years, but i guess when you start to produce things yourself you look at other things in the music.
i started listening to metallica and went straight to deathmetal and later punk, havin my hiphop periods inbetween though, but besides that generally been listening to harder faster stuff. and also when i started liking techno it was the harder-faSTER part that atracted me.

but now its like, if it sounds good it sounds good...

278d7e64a374de26f==