PDA

View Full Version : ASIO with M-Audio Delta 1010LT

John Ferraris
26-05-2004, 01:23 PM
I've just purchased a 1010lt soundcard for my new system, but am a bit confused about the ASIO driver I should use. I am using the latest drivers from M-Audio's website and the following drivers are available:

ASIO DirectX Full Duplex (Good performance)
ASIO Multemedia (Problems!)
M-udio Delta ASIO (Shockingl slow! Whole system slows down!)

Basically, the latency on the M-Audio ASIO is very low, but a heavy project in fruity uses pretty much 60% of cpu. Direct ASIO has a small (but just noticable) latency but the same project yields about 20% of cpu used. :?:

Soooooo... I'm using the DirectX driver, is this normal? Why is the M-Audio so bad? Dodgy driver?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

DJZeMig_L
27-05-2004, 02:34 AM
U seem 2 know yer way around windows, but my finger goes straight 4 a bad installed asio driver or some sort of dodgy driver!

Z

Kevin Gorman
27-05-2004, 05:11 AM
I have one of these cards and i love it! What is your computer specs? If computer speed isnt the issue try uninstalling the delta drivers and re-install them.

John Ferraris
27-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Hmm... I have a P4 3Ghz with 1GB RAM so its probably not the system... I did think a dodgy driver but its the latest 1010lt off M-Aduio's web site :cry:

I'll have a crack at removing the drivers n puting them on again, if i suss it out i'll post the solution so hopefully others won't have the same problem

Cheers for the help btw

John Ferraris
27-05-2004, 08:49 PM
By the way, just got this email from m-audio:

"There could be several reasons for this type of problem, and there is always a trade off between CPU usage and latency (you can later this in the hardware settings page -ASIO/DMA buffer size) , however a call to our UK tech support department should ensure a quick solution.

They're available on 01309 671301"

I'll have a tweak n post results

DJZeMig_L
28-05-2004, 04:05 AM
don't let the xp install the drivers 4 ya, point 2 the files yerself.

If need after installing go back to control pannel, system, devices and update the driver, again point to the delta driver and choose have a disk, bla bla bla!!

This is generally the culprit!

Z

John Ferraris
30-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Hmmm.. done everything by the book, but things still aren't to rosey. Cubase SX: 96khz, 24bit - Can run 1 Waves Rverb on an empty project before it stutters! madness! Midi not work in SX... Fruity seems to be *OK* (when in 44khz 16bit) but bearing in mind this is a fairly good system, the performance is pretty slow.

Maybe there's a clash with the compnents i got or I've missed something blatant in the manual i've missed :doh:

Might have to be crossing M-Audio off my christmas card list! :evil:

Kevin Gorman
30-05-2004, 06:58 PM
M-Audio is a good brand for audio gear. have you tried moving the card to a different PCI slot? have it in a pci slot that is the farthest from everything else. The way i installed my card was like this. Then when it came for the drivers, i installed the the ones that came with the M-Audio CD-ROM, then went to the webpage and applied the update.

John Ferraris
31-05-2004, 01:06 PM
I've tried moving my card to another PCI slot. No conflicts, nothing. Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt M-Audio are a good brand its just a pain in the arse when something pretty important doesn't work in your pretty stable setup. . Again, this is just my experience and may not be the case across the board.

I've used the supplied drivers and the official update but no joy... I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and ring their technical support number.

:neutral:

DJZeMig_L
31-05-2004, 08:52 PM
Please keep us posted.
My experience with USB delta cards is that U need 2 manually update de drivers 3-4 times b4 they actually work, then it's all smooth... some drivers need 2 b executed from a exe file which makes it a bit messy!

:(

Z

John Ferraris
10-06-2004, 10:49 PM
Update: To be fair there probably is a way to resolve the problem but I'm living with it for now (me lazy), lets say its just one of those quirks that gives my computer 'character' :cool:

Kevin Gorman
12-06-2004, 03:35 PM
lol, don't be lazy!!! I always make sure my computer is running at its top perfomance. A problem like this could effect other things and you not even knowing about it, like the speed and stability of your computer.

278d7e64a374de26f==