PDA

View Full Version : **** me in the ass and call me a bitch

Miromiric
26-05-2004, 03:40 PM
i installed some cracked ableton update to see how its working over my LEGAL copy of ableton and now i get the message "copy protection failed" even after i deleted the update and freshly installed LEGAL one. i believe it went somewhere in registry, but i cannot find the line. how do i solve this, i am losing it?!

DJZeMig_L
26-05-2004, 06:07 PM
probably need 2 find any traces of ableton in yer registry.. delet' em all... then install the proper 1!

Z

MARKEG
26-05-2004, 06:17 PM
i had the SAME problem with this too. no matter what you uninstall ti still comes up. luckily for me i'd ghosted a working copy of my system.

you defintely need to know where the file is that's causing this.

Miromiric
26-05-2004, 06:51 PM
i ve been searchin for the registry files with tweak xp and NADA! i hope i wont have to reinstall windows cause of this, since ableton is essential soft for me. :doh:

sleepy
26-05-2004, 11:23 PM
have u tried using registry mechanic or someother type of registry edit software?

DJZeMig_L
27-05-2004, 02:26 AM
no much of a computer expert but there must b some sort of app that will let U see which files and comands are being processed... this might point ya 2 the relevant file!

maybe even the task manager or somethin!

Z

Kevin Gorman
27-05-2004, 05:14 AM
use regedit by going, start, run in XP, then once in regedit, run a search for what your looking for, export and save things in a directory before deleting registry keys.

mr acid
02-07-2004, 09:54 PM
You can do it safelly with specific appz that are focused in deleting dead reg entries.

Also happened with me and it got solved.
Should consider saving the program in another folder..

Try searching for "registry cleaner" in any search engine.
Also try and check in the regedit what and wich file is runing the file that validates you Ableton: Usually it's like this:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\(THE FOLDER WHERE ABLETON IS SAVED)\ and then go to the root os the folder 2 check what's runing it...

ALSO SHOULD CHECK RUNDLL

It worked with me!

Ritzi Lee
03-07-2004, 07:16 AM
Well i came up with a pretty weird solution.
Re-open in sequal ableton 1.5 ----> 2.01 -----> 3.0.
And then it's working again.

Seems like ableton is watching your PC time/date settings.

John Ferraris
04-07-2004, 02:25 PM
no much of a computer expert but there must b some sort of app that will let U see which files and comands are being processed... this might point ya 2 the relevant file!

maybe even the task manager or somethin!

There is... can't remember the name or anything, its what the crackers use. The idea is that it traces the whole installation process so u can see whats put where. Try Win-eXpose Registry, it lets u see how an app uses the registery. That coupled with a disassembler, hex editor and a debuger like SoftICE tends to do the job. Try doing a Google search on cracking and u might be pointed in the right direction

278d7e64a374de26f==