PDA

View Full Version : Horrow Show Techno

dirty_bass
29-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Well, here is my next audio techno experiment. Evil Hellraiser Horror Show techno.

Once again this is the part of some strange journey I am on to find a new sound, and is still in it`s infancy

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/T_ai_Chung.mp3

dan the acid man
30-05-2004, 01:23 AM
im liking this, nice and dark and different, i dont like the off beat percussion though, it just sound's too random and out of time to me, love the dark synth stab's though, they really add a psycho feel to it :twisted:

The Divide
30-05-2004, 10:49 PM
You could try quantizing the random rhythm section and applying some shuffle onto it. It wasn’t bothering me much tho, I like it! Sounds like somones kicking a beer can around or something :lol:

dirty_bass
30-05-2004, 11:46 PM
I actually programmed that wierd loop (it`s a pro53) to be random, I guess the fact that it annoys means it`s doing the job.
I might pull it back to something a little less random, but the reaon it sounds even wierder is that it is in 3/4 as well as seriously unquantised.

Hmm I`ll finish this in the week. I gotta go out and play me live PA now :twisted:

Jimfish
01-06-2004, 05:39 PM
ah yeah this is ace man.. :)

lovin the bassy main groove.. proper chonk - coud do with tightening up the freqs tho

i think the midrange sounds a bit low on it too..

love the random element.. fab!

erm, thats about it.. make sure u finsih it man and get it tweaked up, its gonna be a dope track!

Jimfish
01-06-2004, 05:42 PM
just reading the other replies both of which comment on the random biz

but i tell u why i think the random shiz works so well is because the main groove is so big and strong that itjust sits around it nicely and doesnt actually interfere.. its more for the brain to dance to than the feet :headache:

Evil G
01-06-2004, 08:01 PM
i found the random part a little wonky on it's own, but sat much better after the kick came in.

StoQ
04-06-2004, 07:13 AM
the link doesn't work for me. :twisted:

dirty_bass
04-06-2004, 03:02 PM
sorry the file isn`t there. I will put it up 2day or 2morro as the final mastered version

278d7e64a374de26f==