PDA

View Full Version : Alesis andromeda. Good for techno?

sash
01-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Hey there, just wonderin what people think of the andromeda in terms of tough sounds for tekno. I've only heard demo's of this synth and think it sounds totally phat.

The andromeda is multi timbral yeah?
Is it monophonic?

Any help would be appreciated

(great site by the way. I've been lookin for somethin like this for a long time now :) )

Evil G
01-06-2004, 01:25 AM
i would like to hear of first hand experiences with it too. anyone? anyone?

i think i read that it is 16 part multi-timbral with 16 note polyphony. not sure if that means it is strictly 16 mono synths, or if polyphony can be shared between voices.

hiroprotagonist
01-06-2004, 10:19 AM
from what im coming to accept, you dont need the biggest baddest (and one of the most expensive) synths available to make some decent techno. the andromeda would be a kick ass compliment to any studio though and i would love to have one

FILTERZ
01-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Good for just about anything , you cant go wrong really

DJZeMig_L
01-06-2004, 08:24 PM
Andromeda is great especially if u play long notes, arp.s and sh*t .. I did find it a bit 2 mindbending, it's one of those u need 2 read up a bit 2 use deeply!!

The modulation/ programming is absolutly amazong but a bit dificult 2 get with at first... I LUV THE HUGE CUT OFF KNOB :lol:

Z

sash
01-06-2004, 11:46 PM
from what im coming to accept, you dont need the biggest baddest (and one of the most expensive) synths available to make some decent techno. the andromeda would be a kick ass compliment to any studio though and i would love to have one

True. It just looks like so much fun. I think a lot of inspiration/ motivation could come from just jammin around with a synth like this.

dulash
02-06-2004, 12:33 AM
Id say you cant youst yam on a synth like that, you really have to know what you´re doing.

p.s. any synth in that price-range does its job

FILTERZ
02-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Id say you cant youst yam on a synth like that, you really have to know what you´re doing.

p.s. any synth in that price-range does its job

I know what im doing and still enjoy jamming around , you have to know what your doing to jam around properly ;)

networkacid
02-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Yeah but can it do 303 emulation?!? :lol:

dulash
02-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Sure jammin around brings loads of fun, but when working on a sound for a track I reconsider what knobs i´ll be turning.

but yeah yammin is still cool, even if there are no results in the end.

sleepy
02-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Yeah but can it do 303 emulation?!? :lol:

just use audiorealism's bassline for 303 sounds..

sash
03-06-2004, 12:40 AM
i think the beauty of a machine like the andromeda is that you would develop a relationship with that machine over time.

I'm constantly reading about this theory (man/ machine) and it's impact/ influence on producing music. All genres of music. Maybe i read too much. :rambo:

Evil G
03-06-2004, 01:09 AM
i read something where squarepusher was ranting on the subject. his point being basically that it is arrogant of us to imagine that we can force the machine to produce the sound that is in our head. instead, he thinks "art happens" (my phrase, not his) when we let the machine interact with our creative mind - the same way we play more traditional instruments, where you get a physical response from the instrument as you play it.

sash
04-06-2004, 01:16 AM
i read something where squarepusher was ranting on the subject. his point being basically that it is arrogant of us to imagine that we can force the machine to produce the sound that is in our head. instead, he thinks "art happens" (my phrase, not his) when we let the machine interact with our creative mind - the same way we play more traditional instruments, where you get a physical response from the instrument as you play it.

Well put Evil G though i reckon that picture of a bird under your name dosen't go with your name. You should put a knife in the birds wing or something like he's gonna go kill someone/ something.

Evil G
04-06-2004, 01:22 AM
ya sorry, i'm not actually evil. i tried to ditch this name, but too many people know me by it, and wont let me stop using it so i gave up trying.

sash
04-06-2004, 01:57 AM
yeah sure that's what all evil people say. i know your kind. lock all the doors at home. turn off all the lights except one light that you covered with red celifane paper. Pump nothin but surgeon/ Petar Dundov tracks on your parents $2000 stereo all night long with a 1000w strobe goin hardcore in the kitchen....

Evil G
04-06-2004, 01:59 AM
whatever! it's only an $1800 stereo, but it's mine, all mine!

278d7e64a374de26f==