PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Mills @ Sankeys last sat

Fake DJ
01-06-2004, 11:48 AM
all i can say is "daaaaaaaaaaaaamn hes fast"!!!!!

ive never seen any1 move his hands over a mixer so fast b4, he put 2 tunes on the decks q'd up up and within a cuple of bars he had 3 decks playing :clap:

never seen him live b4 but he was out of this world!!!!

:lol:

jock
01-06-2004, 11:50 AM
it was friday by the way, and it was well good, best i have seen him.

you should get his exhibitionist dvd, see him close up over and over again!! :clap:

Fake DJ
01-06-2004, 02:17 PM
ph shid yer :oops:

u have no idea how much of a crazi wkend i had

serox
01-06-2004, 02:56 PM
i thought the dvd was terrible :( loads of the tracks are mixed in the wrong bars

Ritzi Lee
01-06-2004, 04:45 PM
i thought the dvd was terrible :( loads of the tracks are mixed in the wrong bars

something tells me you don't really have a lot of scence
about mixing techno... it really doens't matter on which bar you are cutting.
On each bar you can let the same records sound different.
there are no rules for mixing techno...

too bad there are not so many people understanding this.

schlongfingers
02-06-2004, 09:10 AM

Hmm I dunno, In my opinion taking this approach can only work well in 2 scenarios

a - the DJ is EXTREMELY on top of the mix, ready to cut out the offset record at exactly the right bar to avoid a dodgy trailing or preceding bar

b - the DJ is playing loops. full stop.

From my experience, mixing sounds a lot better when it's on point the vast majority of the time.

serox
02-06-2004, 03:13 PM

Hmm I dunno, In my opinion taking this approach can only work well in 2 scenarios

a - the DJ is EXTREMELY on top of the mix, ready to cut out the offset record at exactly the right bar to avoid a dodgy trailing or preceding bar

b - the DJ is playing loops. full stop.

From my experience, mixing sounds a lot better when it's on point the vast majority of the time.

agreed.
there is a place in a record for the perfect mix. sure you can drop it on any 4th in a record and it will sound in time.

but to me i can hear that, and it sounds like lazy mixing to me.

mix it in the right place you will have things stoping and starting at the same time. even records will end and you do not even need to fade them out as the other record has just kicked.

jeff mills use to do this a while ago, but i have not heard/seen him do it in ages.

thanks anyway schlongfingers, im sure i have lots to learn. but this i will not chage my mind on.

278d7e64a374de26f==