PDA

View Full Version : Opening and closing records

AcidBastard
01-06-2004, 09:02 PM
What is everyones favourite record to open their set with? It can be from any style set you're playing, like if you're planning on spinning a real hard set or a funky one, you catch my drift.... And the same goes for everyones favourite closing record, so everyone... start posting! :cool:

da hound
01-06-2004, 09:05 PM
at the moment im starting with dj mishja the man know as on re-run usally start with funky stuff and then build in 2 harder stuff or sometimes start with some kiddaz fm synthey stuff emerson lyric jonson etc etc

professor
01-06-2004, 09:24 PM
I get to the spot and decide about two seconds before I start...of course i don't like to plan sets either, seems too boring and without energy. Of course i've spun myself into some wierd mixes doing this.

MangaFish
01-06-2004, 09:26 PM
i usually like to start the set with a track that has an unusual opening. maybe some vocal or an interesting riff.

i try to start off a toucher harder to get the energy going then quickly down a tad so i can get the set progressing properly (hope that made sence?)

Rog
02-06-2004, 01:32 PM
anything that fits as a crossover record from the previous dj..

last chewn - something a little dirty or maybe dirty with trance.. or just rude.. eg..

"desolate 1" cj bolland.. or "the horrorist" one night in NYC (leibling remix)

Si the Sigh
02-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Starting with Ant's virus mix of Santa Pod on SUFR at the moment & finishing with Max Min Swarfiga... :twisted:

Louk
02-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Last mix I did

startted with hydraulix 11

ended with some sigma records promo

Louk

278d7e64a374de26f==