PDA

View Full Version : hard techno

da hound
01-06-2004, 09:29 PM
i know something like this has been posted before about the quailty of some hard techno coming out at the moment especially some of the stuff coming out of germany a lot of people were slagging it but my point is what in your opinion is the way forward for hard techno personally i think people have 2 start experimenting more for example moving away from a 4/4 beat<not completley> and start incorparateing broken beats in 2 it and deep synths also i think it has 2 slowdown a bit as some of the stuff i have heard latley is just 2 fast and has more empasis on been hard and fast without focusing on the funk and atsmosphere that u need in techno imo thats enough of my shit so what are your opinions on this would like 2 know because i have been thinking about this alot lateley

dan the acid man
01-06-2004, 09:57 PM
i dont think moving away from a 4/4 beat is that important ( maybe it's just me, as iv'e never got into break's), i think maybe more eperimentation in the structure of the tune's could be the way.

Rog
02-06-2004, 01:30 PM
if you think that.. why not buy double beat techno or break beat techno???

stuff that has a 4/4 kick but "shuffled" or "doubled" is doing it for me.. madddddd dooom da da dooom :crackup:

MangaFish
06-06-2004, 01:03 AM
if you think that.. why not buy double beat techno or break beat techno???

stuff that has a 4/4 kick but "shuffled" or "doubled" is doing it for me.. madddddd dooom da da dooom :crackup:

agreed

altho breaks still run on a 4x4 structure ;)

tis fun doubling up breakbeat techno over the regular stuff. shame i dont have the 3rd deck to really show it off as nicely as id like :cry:

Spark
06-06-2004, 04:17 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

But about this topic...

I tottaly agree that its getting very boring.. hard techno is imo great! But.. it still has to be techno, not just only brainless banging on 4000bpm.. I dont know what the future gonna bring.. w'll see..

jonnyspeed
06-06-2004, 08:14 PM
vote techno party!

Rog
07-06-2004, 08:00 AM
the future will bring what you want imo - you just have to find it.. even try making what you want.. im trying/trying/trying lol ;)

tioneb
07-06-2004, 05:59 PM
the tracks without bassdrums are even more interesting

SlavikSvensk
07-06-2004, 06:18 PM
the tracks without bassdrums are even more interesting

agreed. IMO, the speedy j remix of ignition key is one of the most interesting techno tracks in ages.

sash
08-06-2004, 12:58 AM
someone once told me that the human heart beats along at about 137 bpm's. There was a reason i just mentioned this but i just forgot :cry:

dan the acid man
08-06-2004, 02:13 AM
someone once told me that the human heart beats along at about 137 bpm's. There was a reason i just mentioned this but i just forgot :cry:

:lol: :lol: short term memory loss, i have the same problem, i cant think why :roll:

Dustin Zahn
08-06-2004, 02:45 AM

If your heart is beating at 137 bpm you've done a serious amount of speed.

The Overfiend
08-06-2004, 02:51 AM
Or you can be doing cardio in the gym.

dan the acid man
08-06-2004, 03:35 AM
Or you can be doing cardio in the gym.

or making love to a beautiful woman, or man

jake
08-06-2004, 06:13 AM
or dancing

SlavikSvensk
08-06-2004, 06:18 AM
or posting on blackoutaudio.co.uk...

teknorich
08-06-2004, 04:44 PM
Normal human heartbeat is around 72 BPM. My mate did Physical Education at uni and did a test going clubbing. He went out with a heart monitor strapped on to his chest, recording the highest heart rate. Dropped a couple, danced like a maniac, and got his heart beat up to...220BPM!!!

Yeah!!!

Rog
08-06-2004, 04:58 PM
gabba style eh? :shock: :dontevengothere: :shock:

tioneb
08-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Normal human heartbeat is around 72 BPM. My mate did Physical Education at uni and did a test going clubbing. He went out with a heart monitor strapped on to his chest, recording the highest heart rate. Dropped a couple, danced like a maniac, and got his heart beat up to...220BPM!!!

Yeah!!!

well 72 bpm is kinda low, its when people do not have any physical activity.... it also depends on your body. if u are a skinny geek like i am you have a small heart (coz u have a small chest) and it needs to pump faster to irrigate your brain.

and about the 220 bpm thing... well you can reach this when you run to ctach your bus ... its not th music that is responsible, its simply becasue you dance

MangaFish
08-06-2004, 09:11 PM

i have heard somewhere that the reason some styles of dance music have settled at cirtain bpm's was all to do witht he speed at which your heart beats.

hence music faster than x doesnt sound faster or harder, just cheesy. and music at x sounds more chilled

it was yonks ago when i heard this mind so fuk knows if its even true

Tony
08-06-2004, 10:00 PM
double beat!!!!!!!!!!! break beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont really understand these terms. well, i do, but it doesnt form nice pictures.

mate, you need some birmingham in your life. that is one of the ways techno can grow a bit further. of course, not the only way, but one of the definite hot beds of progress. doesnt need to be a trillion bpm, but has to be rhythmically interesting and sonically well produced. cant go wrong really :-)

jonnyspeed
08-06-2004, 10:06 PM
asked google and...

Your Exercising Heart Rate Zone ....

Hi JonnySpeed, Your Age is 32

Your Maximum Heart Rate is:188 (in case you want to make note of this) JonnySpeed,

Your Exercising Heart Rate Zone is between 122.2 and 159.8

When fat burning, as your fitness increases, you will want to work towards getting your heart rate further towards 159.8

If you are unfit and just starting out with a new exericise program just try and keep between the 122.2 and 159.8.

Rog
09-06-2004, 11:54 AM
tony eh???

you mean Mr Burns and co..

good geezer :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==