PDA

View Full Version : I wanna see what technoheads think of this....

DJ Corbzy
01-06-2004, 11:07 PM
http://germantrance.com/content/_rams/LUCID4B.ram

Your thoughts hard and acid techno lovers?

I reckon this is crazy techno, proper love it. :clap:

dan the acid man
01-06-2004, 11:33 PM
urghhhh!!!!!!!.ram files, is it on mp3 anywhere

DerrenBobafat
01-06-2004, 11:38 PM
Its pretty intense techno i have to say i like it a lot. not 2 sure about the acid line though would of prefered the tune without it would of been a lot more industrial other than that ace tune

DJ Corbzy
01-06-2004, 11:43 PM

I can't find one mate, only .ram! :evil:

DJ Corbzy
01-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Its pretty intense techno i have to say i like it a lot. not 2 sure about the acid line though would of prefered the tune without it would of been a lot more industrial other than that ace tune

It's made by a UK hard trance producer, the twinkly little sample in the background is from an old hard trance track called 'In My Mind' by Cosmosonic.

I heard the guy who made it, play it on Friday and it's awesome.

AcidBastard
02-06-2004, 12:07 AM
http://germantrance.com/content/_rams/LUCID4B.ram

Your thoughts hard and acid techno lovers?

I reckon this is crazy techno, proper love it. :clap:

That's one crazy build up, I almost thought it'd be like most others but the breakdown and stutter effects sure make the track interesting ;)

anx
02-06-2004, 01:10 AM
woa thats waaaaay to fast....

wouldnt go so far as to call it techno either

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:12 AM
woa thats waaaaay to fast....

wouldnt go so far as to call it techno either

haha, thats russell and justin at germantrance.com, +8 all the way! :lol:

wouldn't call it techno, what is it then? :eh:

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:15 AM
as far as techno goes.. well this isn't techno at all.

it's so obviously hard house/trance. i cant even understand why you've posted this here. i thought you were getting to know your stuff :cry:

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:17 AM
as far as techno goes.. well this isn't techno at all.

it's so obviously hard trance. i cant even understand why you've posted this here. i thought you know your stuff.

this isn't even techno? well i won't be bothering posting anything else here then! :dontevengothere:

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:18 AM
i thought you were getting to know your stuff :cry:

i can't beleive you said that!

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:19 AM
yeah but listen to what you posted mate - it's soooooooooooo not techno.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:21 AM
no cool cool, totally cool. i really did think you were learning your stuff man. hey but np's. just let me assure you this is notr techno. i'm not being funny. i'm just trying to be honest eh.

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:21 AM
listen to what i said? I asked if any techno lovers liked this track as?

It defo isn't Hard Trance ot Hard House, plus I think about 9 out of 10 would call that techno without a problem.... :!:

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:22 AM
no cool cool, totally cool. i really did think you were learning your stuff man. hey but np's. just let me assure you this is notr techno. i'm not being funny. i'm just trying to be honest eh.

well to me, this is techno.

good techno.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:23 AM
well to me it's not techno. and ahem i do sort of know my techno mate :)

will anyone please back me up for god's sake. :lol: :lol:

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:25 AM
well to me it's not techno.

will anyone please back me up for god's sake. :lol: :lol:

If I'm sooooooooooooooo wrong then answer some q's for us?!:

How is it not techno?

Why is it not techno?

How do you define what techno is and isn't?

What's the difference between that and any other techno?

What does this fall under?

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:26 AM
this is hard trance or a derivitive of hard house. this is not techno.

jesus ppl back me up for god's sake!!!!

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:27 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:27 AM
if any of you call this techno well i might as well quit the board right now :!:

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Some good explaining going down there Mark!

I'll let you off though as it's Tuesday and the Zyban is probably in mid-effect.

Maybe another time...

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:29 AM
if any of you call this techno well i might as well quit the board right now :!:

Mark! Not one, but TWO silly comments!? :crackup:

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:29 AM
there's nothing techno about this corbz.. i've listnened to it again. and this is the hole problem why the hard house scene is calling what they play techno. really this is NOT techno. party, trance techno crossover hard dance perhaps, but definitely NOT techno.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:30 AM
is anyone gonna help me out here?????????????????????

:doh:

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 01:35 AM
I agree with both of ya on this one. it definatley has some techno elements in it, and you cant argue that. But it also has the comecial hard house in it aswell. I think this track is just comercial shit imo, and i think some hardhouse producer has jumped on the new "techno" bandwagon that all the hardhousers are trying to pass off as thier own.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:37 AM
yeah that's what's got me mad about it.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:38 AM
there's 000000000000000000000000000000000 % techno love in this track. it's all hard house trying to be techno.

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:39 AM
I agree with both of ya on this one. it definatley has some techno elements in it, and you cant argue that. But it also has the comecial hard house in it aswell. I think this track is just comercial shit imo, and i think some hardhouse producer has jumped on the new "techno" bandwagon that all the hardhousers are trying to pass off as thier own.

'that', 'hardhouse' producer is fastfloor.

I still think this is a great track and I know alot of others agree.

mrbenn
02-06-2004, 01:40 AM
It may sound like techno to you corbzy as your from the hardtrance/hardstyle scene. IM not dissing yu or any one else from yur scene either but alot of ppl into hardtrance/hardstyle class a track as techno if it seems to be a bit crazyer than your usuall shit & has intense fast percussion & an acid riff.

to me that that tune is more nu-nrg hard house rather than techno, alot of the tunes they class as techno on germantrance.com I wouldnt really call techno. for example they class alot of brain recording as techno were as I would call them acid trance.

Proper techno has soul, funk, & rhythm.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:41 AM
> 'that', 'hardhouse' producer is fastfloor.

SO???????????????

it's not techno..

full stop.

mrbenn
02-06-2004, 01:42 AM
hope that kinda makes sense, i am typing with stella vision :lol:

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 01:43 AM

SO???????????????

it's not techno..

full stop.

Hhahaha! exactly what i was thinking.

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:46 AM
So how many techno purists are frustratingly beating they're screen now?

IT'S NOT THE END OF THE FEECKING WORLD.

This track to me is techno, nothing more, nothing less.

MrBenn, I couldn't agree with you more on your comment about Hard Trance fans looking for more energetic, percussive, fast, acid techno.

The reason being because it works in a set.

mrbenn
and this is the hole problem why the hard house scene is calling what they play techno. really this is NOT techno

I had an argument with someone on another board about this. They were trying to tell me that Paul glazby played & made Techno.....

whatever!! :lol:

DJ Corbzy

SO???????????????

it's not techno..

full stop.

Hhahaha! exactly what i was thinking.

I was clearly stating a fact, please put your handbag away Mark.

MARKEG
like 'oh dear - it's fastfloor' so i must respect him.

urrrrgghhh...

sorry if it's not techno it's not fekin techno.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:48 AM
i'm only trying to stick up for myself corbz. you're the one who's tellin me it's techno.

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 01:48 AM
**** techno, **** hardtrance, **** hardhouse, **** hardstyle, **** gabber, **** happy cheeder core, **** scouse, **** trance, **** house, **** funk.....

LONG LIVE OPRA!

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:49 AM
i'm only trying to stick up for myself corbz. you're the one who's tellin me it's techno.

and your the one who's telling me it isn't!

who are you to decide?

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:49 AM
well i knew someone would post that. but the fact is some of us actually do really care about the genre.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:50 AM
this link is hard house!

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Its that time again.......

Choose your weapons!
http://www.fifthavemag.com/buzz/handbags.jpg

mrbenn
02-06-2004, 01:51 AM
LONG LIVE OPRA!

Only if charlotte church is singing it bollock naked

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 01:51 AM
well it smells just like techno

so smelly in not even going to listen for fear it will stop me schleeping tight in my wee bed tonite

Sunil
02-06-2004, 01:52 AM
That's not techno, it's pumped up post hard trance/hardhouse. Sounds like they've sampled Sourmash "Paradise to Pilgramage" in there too. The acid line sounds sampled as well.

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:52 AM
HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSEHARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE
HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE

perhaps with a bit of trance and techno too.

but apart from that:

HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 01:53 AM
what the **** are you lot doing up at this hour arguing over some stinnky tune anyway?

DJ Corbzy
Well it was fun to argue for a bit, but for the remainder of this thread I'll allow the purists to get themselves into a quivering wreck as one release single handedly destroys the techno scene.

:roll: :bash:

MARKEG
and some more:

HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE HARD HOUSE

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Well it was fun to argue for a bit, but for the remainder of this thread I'll allow the purists to get themselves into a quivering wreck as one release single handedly destroys the techno scene.

?????????????????????

Destroys?

You'll find it actually makes the true techno ppl stronger mate.

Jimfish
oh my god :wtf:

its going to take mee ages to read all that mark

Barely Human
Hahhahhahaha! We need some bibs and lolypops urgently to the hard techno forum! Some children are spitting thier dummies ;) :lol:

mrbenn

It wont destroy the techno scene as no self respecting techno dj would ever play that tune!!, as for the hardhouse scene, that destroyed it self before it was born :twisted:

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:55 AM
**** off jimfish you cunt

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:55 AM

?????????????????????

Destroys?

You'll find it actually makes the true techno ppl stronger mate.

My last post is what they describe as a 'joke'.... ;)

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:56 AM
well then don't tell me this track is techno then!

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 01:56 AM
hey im a slow reader!

i think you neeed to makee your posts abitmore 'to the point' mate...

eerr.. i mean.. asshole

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:57 AM
well then don't tell me this track is techno then!

And don't try and tell me hardstyle is good!

Barely Human
Tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, tis, tisnt, ....

Its behind you!!!

mrbenn
sorry completly off the subject, but any one here into thievery corporation??

im listening to focus onsight at the min, wicked track, love the eeery synths

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:58 AM
Anything else you wanna say...

My mum's fat?

My dad's gay?

:lol:

MARKEG
look stay on topic, this has **** all to do with hardstyle.

this track is NOT techno. full stop., now go and get back to your hard house you SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Jimfish
thisis good stuff guys keeep it coming..

reminds mee of a classic episode of 'eldorado' i have on dvd somewhere..

season 5 if im not mistaken

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 01:59 AM
hardhouse.... :lol:

I'm going for a wank...

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 01:59 AM
look **** of jim this has nothing to do with you. get back on ebay :lol:

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 02:00 AM
I'm going for a wank...

Nothing new there then :lol:

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 02:00 AM
off you pop for your wank then mate ;)

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 02:01 AM
Stick your webcam on while your at it so i can have a luagh....

And a wank to,,, :shock:

Jimfish
yeah ur right, i should get backto ebay ive got some more old crossroads betamax's to hunt down.. ciao!

MARKEG
look i'm off to bed. was a very funny conversation in the end you bastards. but i still stick by my comment that this is just not techno :cry:

SEE YAAAAA YOU DUCKIN FUTS.

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 02:03 AM
look i'm off to bed. was a very funny conversation in the end you bastards. but i still stick by my comment that this is just the best techno i have ever heard! Not hard house

SEE YAAAAA YOU DUCKIN FUTS.

Changed ya tune there mark ;)

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 02:03 AM
isn't that new enya techno?

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 02:04 AM
hey! you locked that other post hellova quick! :lol: :clap:

MARKEG
02-06-2004, 02:06 AM
i see someone has the power.

:!:

;)

The Divide
02-06-2004, 02:11 AM
Did someone mention ebay :love:

I cant believe your bigging that track up Corbz :lol: :lol: :lol:

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 02:22 AM
Did someone mention ebay :love:

I cant believe your bigging that track up Corbz :lol: :lol: :lol:

back to the original topic, what don't you like about it?

Methodixxx
02-06-2004, 02:32 AM
The cut'n'paste 10 minute job nature of it....

The cheesy use of samples and fills with no real thought into them....

The baseline...

The snare rolls and various build-ups trying to make it 'peak'....

I could go on... :lol:

Its NRG.... full stop.... so nerrrr ;)

dirty_bass
02-06-2004, 02:35 AM
snare rolls, fackin breakbeats, million beats per minute, souless, hard house bassline.

Sounds like a nastied up old VDF release to me. Hard House, plain and simple.

Tinrib was more techno than this, and that`s saying something.

Methodixxx
02-06-2004, 02:39 AM
Yeah... totally agree Dirty... being at that ridiculas speed just makes it sound even cheesier too...

Evil G
02-06-2004, 03:57 AM
Tinrib was more techno than this, and that`s saying something.

that is saying something! ouch.

The Overfiend
02-06-2004, 05:30 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Methodixxx
02-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Yeah... totally agree Dirty... being at that ridiculas speed just makes it sound even cheesier too...

Just to clear up... I was agreeing with your reasons for it not being techno (as they were the same as mine in the post above yours)... ;)

No comment on the Tinrib issue.. :shock:

anx
02-06-2004, 06:08 AM
would anyone care for some punch and pie

jake
02-06-2004, 06:36 AM
calling it hard house would give house a bad name.. wtf kinda drugs are people on???? :neutral: corbzy you need to listen to jeff mills live @ the liquid room tokyo mix cd if ur confused on what techno is. lol or even a carl cox mix cd would be more techno than this!!!

AcidBastard
02-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Talk about beating a dead horse... :lol:

Si the Sigh
02-06-2004, 08:04 AM
That Lucid release is NOT techno Corbz... :lol:

dan the acid man
02-06-2004, 09:01 AM
damn sleep, it look's like i missed out here :lol:

im installing real player tonight and having a listen myself

schlongfingers
02-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Don't think this is techno either - too many breakdowns, snare rolls, predictable chopping and all very much 'higher highER HIGHER!!!' rather than waist shaking. It's 'ard 'ouse mate.

The Divide
02-06-2004, 10:43 AM
This track sounds like hard house to me, I guess you could associate some elements to the london/acid techno guys. Some of they’re tracks sound hard house influenced. Only the london guys do it much better imo. I think its the heavily compressed kick/bass and some of the rhythm and those industrialish sounding knocks. Those fills where it jumps out with the compression sound more hard house orientated. The builds seem cheesy to me too and I aint feeling it when that 303 comes in :lol: . Not my idea of techno (nothing against whoever made it tho, fair play)

Well I can understand how/why you think this is techno. When I was a whipper snapper I used to think techno sounded like an out of balance washing machine. Someone used to play a tape in the school common room and it blagged my head (**** knows what was on that tape). All I can say is check out some sets off the net, techno is a huge genre with loads of different substyles within it.Some tracks to me do sounds like other genres with stolen techno ideas/elements in them. Oh and Jeff Mills at liquid rooms sounds good to me :rambo: :lol:

The Divide
02-06-2004, 10:45 AM
calling it hard house would give house a bad name.. wtf kinda drugs are people on???? :neutral: corbzy you need to listen to jeff mills live @ the liquid room tokyo mix cd if ur confused on what techno is. lol or even a carl cox mix cd would be more techno than this!!!

Hahahaha

Well I gotta say, Ive had a few laugths with this thread

Class :lol:

The Divide
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
Corbz are you on broadband?? Ill send you some live sets I have downloaded if you are

Si the Sigh
02-06-2004, 10:49 AM
I used to think techno sounded like an out of balance washing machine

Ah! Proper techno...

Tiptoe
02-06-2004, 11:12 AM
bloody hell that tune was fast. Can you imagine people dancing to that. It would look they were having a fit!

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 11:43 AM
I know what techno is and isn't, I just don't understand why you didn't think this was techno, fair play on all your comments though! ;)

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 11:44 AM
bloody hell that tune was fast. Can you imagine people dancing to that. It would look they were having a fit!

Haha! :clap:

Barely Human
02-06-2004, 12:01 PM

Jesus, you think thats fast??? Lmao.

dJpZ
02-06-2004, 12:06 PM

gumpy green
02-06-2004, 12:12 PM
im totally with mark on this one.....its cheesy hardhouse/nu nrg for the dummy sucking furry boots peeps. But theyve prob invented a name like acid trance or summin for this style.

Defo is NOT TECHNO...... anybody saying it is then id just laugh.....its like saying vanilla ice was hiphop........and if you cant see it then i dont want you to see it so i aint gonna tell you why.

All i can suggest is listen to some proper techno for a few month then come back and see if your educated yet.

DJ Corbzy
02-06-2004, 12:40 PM
im totally with mark on this one.....its cheesy hardhouse/nu nrg for the dummy sucking furry boots peeps. But theyve prob invented a name like acid trance or summin for this style.

Defo is NOT TECHNO...... anybody saying it is then id just laugh.....its like saying vanilla ice was hiphop........and if you cant see it then i dont want you to see it so i aint gonna tell you why.

All i can suggest is listen to some proper techno for a few month then come back and see if your educated yet.

Proper Techno like stuff on Composure, Jerk, Carnage, Skull Tunes?

This is the stuff I like...

gumpy green
02-06-2004, 12:44 PM

yup thers some pretty decent stuff on composure, jerk.....not heard of carnage yet and i believe skull tunes producers were stealing loops from other techno producers to make ther tracks(with not alot of change from the original)....if this is the case then its not very techno(altho i dont really know the full sory of this, just that skull tunes were rippin folk of, may well be bullshit)

Jay Sanders
02-06-2004, 01:22 PM
This thread is funny as......

I can really see Mark and Corbzy wanting to smack the shit out of thier monitors in anger!!!

Oh yeah and...... Its Not Techno. :nono:

schlongfingers
02-06-2004, 01:23 PM

That's all quite diff to this link you posted mate! Slower, less predictable, less emphasis on the 'higher highER HIGHER' vibe :D and no feckin stuttery snare rolls!

Schtill not my cuppa tho but def techno.

Louk
02-06-2004, 01:41 PM
Have to agree im afraid corbz, i could imagine this coming out on one of nu energy's sublabels - it is a cross between hard house and techno with much more hard house influences, similar to taht on hotwax traxx i'd say just more frantic....

sorry man but i'll go with everyone else on this 1!

Louk

jonnyspeed
02-06-2004, 02:27 PM

Real Audio rocks! get it installed yer puff. No it doesn't take over your system and the blows away shite like winamp.

jonnyspeed
02-06-2004, 02:30 PM
****ing **** off you this ain't ****ing techno ****ing ****s

:sleeping:

teknorich
02-06-2004, 02:57 PM
But why is it that some of Europe seems to have a different idea of what techno is to the US and the UK?? Some of what they call techno just sounds like the darker, rougher end of hard house/trance. They definitely see things differently to us. Seems if it's not funky or euphoric, or if it contains an acid riff then it's techno in their eyes. That's how you end up with fools like Scooter proclaiming themselves to be techno. I know it's an old topic, which we've had a few times, but there really does seem to be some differences in definitions of techno.

serox
02-06-2004, 03:01 PM
sounds like hard style / trance to me

with a horrible build up that you hear in trance :(

like others have said, trance/hoiuse dj trying to make what he thinks is techno

serox
02-06-2004, 03:02 PM
But why is it that some of Europe seems to have a different idea of what techno is to the US and the UK?? Some of what they call techno just sounds like the darker, rougher end of hard house/trance. They definitely see things differently to us. Seems if it's not funky or euphoric, or if it contains an acid riff then it's techno in their eyes. That's how you end up with fools like Scooter proclaiming themselves to be techno. I know it's an old topic, which we've had a few times, but there really does seem to be some differences in definitions of techno.

think you get people all over who claim to be making techno. so many people cal something with a fast beat techno in the uk :)

teknorich
02-06-2004, 03:12 PM
I just hate it when I'm on Soulseek or something, and you see people listing files with titles like "Techno - Paul Van Dyk" or even "Hard techno -Oakenfold"

Makes me want to scream!!

Jimfish
02-06-2004, 03:12 PM
god, your not still going on about this are you? :lol:

teknorich
02-06-2004, 03:13 PM
It's either that or work Jim. What do you reckon?

Evil G
02-06-2004, 03:19 PM
has anyone alerted the thought police yet?

Si the Sigh
02-06-2004, 03:40 PM
*WOO WOO WOO WOO! SCREECH!*

- - - - - - - ___@@@___
_______//_________\\___________
\----------THOUGHT-POLICE--------------@)
'-----(@)============(@)-----------'

schlongfingers
02-06-2004, 05:40 PM

Don't a lot of the people in the US think that Paul Oakenfeld and the Chemical Brothers are techno?

Jus sayin, it's not a geographical issue it's simply that there are uninformed people everywhere.

AcidBastard
02-06-2004, 05:58 PM

Don't a lot of the people in the US think that Paul Oakenfeld and the Chemical Brothers are techno?

Jus sayin, it's not a geographical issue it's simply that there are uninformed people everywhere.

I will punch the next person in the nuts if they think Chemical Brothers are techno....And a really hard kick for thinking Oakenfeld is techno :nono:

mrbenn
02-06-2004, 07:12 PM
What do you guys mean. Paul oakenfold plays sick twisted techno, hes a legend man. The only Dj I can safely say is better than oakenfold is the godfather of techno & general inspirtion to the underground music movement, the one & only Judge Jules......... what a guy :love: :love:

massplanck
02-06-2004, 07:16 PM

Yeah. traffic wardens seem to be all over the place these days.

schlongfingers
02-06-2004, 07:19 PM

let mee just pull you up on that there...

:twisted:

massplanck
02-06-2004, 07:23 PM

I've been clamped 8 times in the last 12 months. 80 yoyos a pop. ..

dan the acid man
02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Real Audio rocks! get it installed yer puff. No it doesn't take over your system and the blows away shite like winamp.

real audio is a pain in the arse, last time i installed it 4 mp3's got corrupted when i uninstalled it and all my audio properties reset themselve's to 0, also half the time the streaming does'nt work on ram file's :rambo: :twisted:

MangaFish
02-06-2004, 08:05 PM
I know what techno is and isn't, I just don't understand why you didn't think this was techno, fair play on all your comments though! ;)

wheres the groove in it?

imo techno is music with a seemingly endless groove to it.

that had a stomping feeling

davethedrummer
02-06-2004, 08:32 PM
please refer to my answer in the neonate vcrn 002 thread

:cool:

jonnyspeed
02-06-2004, 09:13 PM
I'd dial 160 for the techno police but in this case I think it would be wrongful arrest. **** **** ****

jonnyspeed
02-06-2004, 09:16 PM
the bit at 40 seconds gives it away as hard house, imo - only hard house and the like has such cheesy rolling breaks but it ain't an offence to steal from other genres and if yer like it, **** it

schlongfingers
02-06-2004, 09:22 PM

I've been clamped 8 times in the last 12 months. 80 yoyos a pop. ..

Ouch

I've been fined three times this year so far, been unemployed since the end of Jan as well so haven't had enough cash to pay them - got a letter the other day saying i'm due in court. the buggers. Just got a job today though so hopefully i can get out of any further fines!

278d7e64a374de26f==