PDA

View Full Version : Another borin friendly!

Richierush
02-06-2004, 10:47 AM
yes england where shite again, agaist japan i was dosin off most of it,am glad i dont go to watch them play lets hope they can give us a gud one on saturday i doubt it though.lets just hope they do well at euro 04 cause if they play like we do at friendlys there a nope hope ;)

Esox Lucius
02-06-2004, 11:02 AM
terrible :lol: only lampard & gerrard played well.

first game of euro 2004

England 0 France 4 :lol:

Numeric
02-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Surely Gerrard should have played in front of the centre backs and Lampard on the left of the diamond. That would have worked better in my opinion...

dee
02-06-2004, 11:52 AM
i felt sleepy watching that :roll:

DJ SPUDIE
02-06-2004, 12:11 PM
I didnt see the game (had a pool match) but I heard it was a pile of wank :cry:

Numeric
02-06-2004, 01:09 PM
It was a friendly, a warm up for the Championships. Do you really think the England players are gonna want to go hell-for-leather and risk injury this close to a major tournement? Last nights game shouldn't have any bearing on what's going to happen in Euro 04...

However, in my humble opinion, England should play a standard 4-4-2 formation, playing to the strengths of their best players. The side needs width, this is my starting eleven...

Keeper - James
Right Back - G Neville
Centre Back - Terry
Centre Back - Campbell
Left Back - Bridge
Right Midfield - Beckham
Centre Midfield - Scholes
Centre Midfield - Gerrard
Left Midfield - Cole
Centre Forward - Rooney (with licence)
Centre Forward - Owen

People wanna talk about how Scholes hasn't scored in oh-so many games for England. How about trying to play to his strengths? He's the best and most experienced attacking midfield player England have, bar none!! When you're playing balls over his head how the f**k is he meant to score? Lets get some width up in the this mutha f**ka, creating space for Scholes to get into the positions he does for Utd. Lets try crossing balls into the box, maybe then England would get somewhere...

:rambo:

Esox Lucius
02-06-2004, 01:10 PM
first half was pretty good... beckham, lampard & gerrard ruled the show, but it wentdire...only a friendly i suppose.

you didnt miss much though spudie mate, believe me playing pool would defo have been more exciting :lol:

Col
02-06-2004, 06:02 PM
i didnt even watch the highlights. i forgot. saw the goals though. david james on top form once again. :roll:

Richierush
02-06-2004, 07:00 PM
It was a friendly, a warm up for the Championships. Do you really think the England players are gonna want to go hell-for-leather and risk injury this close to a major tournement? Last nights game shouldn't have any bearing on what's going to happen in Euro 04...

However, in my humble opinion, England should play a standard 4-4-2 formation, playing to the strengths of their best players. The side needs width, this is my starting eleven...

Keeper - James
Right Back - G Neville
Centre Back - Terry
Centre Back - Campbell
Left Back - Bridge
Right Midfield - Beckham
Centre Midfield - Scholes
Centre Midfield - Gerrard
Left Midfield - Cole
Centre Forward - Rooney (with licence)
Centre Forward - Owen

People wanna talk about how Scholes hasn't scored in oh-so many games for England. How about trying to play to his strengths? He's the best and most experienced attacking midfield player England have, bar none!! When you're playing balls over his head how the f**k is he meant to score? Lets get some width up in the this mutha f**ka, creating space for Scholes to get into the positions he does for Utd. Lets try crossing balls into the box, maybe then England would get somewhere...

:rambo:

i think 4-4-2 standard formation wud be better also i think it wud work much better for us lot

The-last-man
02-06-2004, 07:51 PM
i think they should play:

---------------------------------James-----------------------------------

--G Neville------------Terry-------------Campbell------------A Cole--

---------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------

----------Beckham-------------Scholes------------J Cole--------------

--------------------------------Rooney-----------------------------------

---------------------------------Owen------------------------------------

Rooney dropped just behind Owen, Gerrard in a holding position and G Neville and A Cole down the flanks. Joe Cole needs to be given a chance, he could be the solution to the left sided problem!

Richierush
02-06-2004, 08:49 PM
i think they should play:

---------------------------------James-----------------------------------

--G Neville------------Terry-------------Campbell------------A Cole--

---------------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------

----------Beckham-------------Scholes------------J Cole--------------

--------------------------------Rooney-----------------------------------

---------------------------------Owen------------------------------------

Rooney dropped just behind Owen, Gerrard in a holding position and G Neville and A Cole down the flanks. Joe Cole needs to be given a chance, he could be the solution to the left sided problem!

if u watch rooney does drop a bit anyway,he did it agaist the japs

The-last-man
03-06-2004, 09:05 AM
Its where he's most effective though, when england start out the have him as a striker, imo he should have freedom to do what he likes, when he runs @ players he must scare the shite out of them!

278d7e64a374de26f==