PDA

View Full Version : New Chelsea manager...

DJ SPUDIE
02-06-2004, 12:13 PM
Has been named. Its that Jose Antonio matey from Porto.

Good move?

I would go with yes imo

Numeric
02-06-2004, 01:19 PM
Chelsea will be a completley different kettle of fish for Mourinho...

He's gonna have a huge squad of world stars to manage, and has no Premiership experience what-so-ever. The English Premiership is a very different league to the Portugese. His Champions League record may be strong, but on the domenstic front i predict a slow start for Chelsea with this mercenary at the helm...

Call me bitter, but i hope he does nothing and gets sacked by Abramovich mid-season...

:lol:

Ashley
02-06-2004, 02:30 PM
Why did they need a new manager in the first place :eh:
I thought whatever his name is was good :roll:

Esox Lucius
02-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Ranieri was a good gaffer, but some of his tactics were a bit odd to say the least, Mourinho is a great manager but I think he will find it hard at Chelsea and agree with what bitterric errr i mean numeric says :lol: totally different ball game (no pun intended) in the premier league.

I hope he does amazing though and Chelsea do the treble so United & Arse-nal win **** all :clap: :clap:

Ashley
02-06-2004, 03:04 PM
I hope he does amazing though and Chelsea do the treble so United & Arse-nal win **** all :clap: :clap:

here here, although i dont mind Arsenal :lol:

Esox Lucius
02-06-2004, 03:09 PM
you like some terrible teams ash :lol:

Numeric
02-06-2004, 03:27 PM
So do you Downy lad...

17th in the League, you're havin a laugh...

:lol: :dontevengothere:

Esox Lucius
02-06-2004, 05:23 PM
your so behind with the times mate, 17th is the new 1st :lol: :lol:

herman
02-06-2004, 05:26 PM
The thing you have to remember with Mourinho is although he is only 41 he is vastly experienced already besides what he has acheived with Porto the last couple of years he was manager of benfica before that i belive and Bobby Robson's assistant at porto/sporting lisbon and barcelona prior to that so i would be very surprised if the english game holds many real surprise's for him. i mean although his early managerial work has all been in mainland europe Bobby Robson would be a pretty good mentor i would think.

As for him having to work with a large squad etc etc its already been reported he wants no more than 21 out field players + goal keepers to work with and with all the effort + cash they have had to put into getting him i can see him getting his way. should make for an intersting season next year though

Numeric
02-06-2004, 05:26 PM

Ashley
02-06-2004, 06:10 PM
you like some terrible teams ash :lol:

hahaha u can talk :roll:

Numeric
03-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Anyone see the press conferance?

Man, this guy is sure confidant of his own ability...

It's gonna be exciting to see how he fares in the Prem...

Esox Lucius
03-06-2004, 10:37 AM
you certainly need confidence in yourself though to be a top gaffer...cant wait for next season now, going to be a mad season i reckon.

Numeric
03-06-2004, 04:16 PM
you certainly need confidence in yourself though to be a top gaffer...cant wait for next season now, going to be a mad season i reckon.

Yeah, with Utd winning everything in sight, hopefully...

:pray:

Numeric
04-06-2004, 04:05 PM
Looks like Mourinho has started to stream-line his squad...

Veron to Inter Milan for the season at least...

I'd have kept Seba personaly, people may say he did jack last season for Chelsea, but it's not like he got the oppertunity...

Esox Lucius
04-06-2004, 04:57 PM
heard rumours of Mutu going to porto, probably not true though.

Hakka
05-06-2004, 11:52 AM
I think the Porto manager will do well. He seems very confident and is obviously a talented manager. He has a very strong approach to inflicting his ways and ideas to a club, and I think it is that dominance that does well in the Premier League. He will adapt and will no doubt do well with Chelsea. Although I think Chelsea already had a superb manager in Ranieri.

DJ SPUDIE
07-06-2004, 12:45 AM
He said give him four years and he will win the premiership.

Richierush
07-06-2004, 12:49 AM
yeah i heard that too, this fella is a bit of a big headed cunt.

DJ SPUDIE
07-06-2004, 01:02 AM
yeah i heard that too, this fella is a bit of a big headed cunt.

Dunno I think he coud do it with the fcuking players theyve got.
Will be very intresing to see

Hakka
07-06-2004, 03:44 AM
I know he sounds a bit big headed, but I think that's his style. He's very much a control freak, and he feels by saying that "Chelsea will win the Premiership in 4 years" that he's putting pressure on other teams to stop Chelsea.

It's simple mind games and confidence, you would have to admit he is very confident.

Numeric
16-06-2004, 05:11 PM
I heard that Mourinho might have touch-line ban enforced for the first few months of next season. Apparently he had a fight with a defender from Sporting Lisbon back in Febuary!!

Good way to start you Premiership career...

278d7e64a374de26f==