PDA

View Full Version : Korg Electribe ea-1

John Ferraris
02-06-2004, 04:10 PM
Had one for about a year now, use it for pissing about/ideas but never really used it to its full potential because I can't get the damn thing to respond to midi!

It works fine recieving note data but I can't seem to get it to respond to automation. I've read the manual (no help) + read the docs on korg's website n checked the official yahoo usergroup...

I know its not faulty n its just something I'm missing (never really used midi before) but if anyone has successfully used it in fruity/cubase let me no

Cheers

DJZeMig_L
02-06-2004, 05:50 PM
Have u checked that it can receive controler data?
Have u activated the midi cc reception?
R u sure the fuctions/ knobs u want transmit/ receive cc data (and which number)?

Z

John Ferraris
02-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, it definatley recieves on midi cc numbers. it says use 3 numbers: 96 and 97 (or something) to select parameter and 6 to change value. so for example, filter may be #96 as 5, #97 as 8 and #6 0 - 127

Well, it looks good on paper, its just I'm not having much luck :cry: The worrying thing is I haven't found anything about it on the net and was hoping that someone on this forum may've figured it out...

Evil G
02-06-2004, 06:00 PM
if the ea1 works anything like the em1, you should be able to set the midi filters under the "global" menu. "ooo" means send and receive everything. a "-" in any of the positions means that that class of midi data is filtered out.

Evil G
02-06-2004, 06:03 PM
something you might try is to connect the midi out from the ea1 to your sequencer, hit record on the sequencer, then twist a nob. the sequencer should record it, and you'll be able to see if it's using CC or NRPN, etc.

John Ferraris
02-06-2004, 06:21 PM
if the ea1 works anything like the em1, you should be able to set the midi filters under the "global" menu. "ooo" means send and receive everything. a "-" in any of the positions means that that class of midi data is filtered out.

Mr.G, you are truly a legend! :clap: :clap: :clap:
YOu have no idea how much headache you have saved me...

And it was so simple to! :doh:

anode
23-10-2004, 03:02 AM
another question...

can the effects be turned off alltogether? some of the sounds have delay even whe the effect knobs are turned hard left.

cheers
;)

acidchild
24-10-2004, 12:44 AM
The Electribes take NRPNs not CCs.

278d7e64a374de26f==