PDA

View Full Version : englands euro 2004 chances?

TechnoRaver
03-06-2004, 03:02 PM
What dya reckon then?
judging by our performance against japan were gonna get annihilated by france.
B4 that game i thought we`d do quite well, but now id be surprised if we qualify.
heskey is a retard and shouldnt be in the squad and rooney still hasnt really proven himself enough to start for england.
Bring back shearer. :lol:

Numeric
03-06-2004, 04:25 PM
How can you predict what England's performance against France is gonna be like from a meaningless friendly?

I think England will do well against France, if they play to their strengths and potential. If Sven plays his negative long-ball game then England are f**ked and might as well not bother turning up...

You just know that if England do well in the tournament, the press are gonna blow it up out of all proportion to simply rip them down when it all goes wrong...

lukekendall
03-06-2004, 04:31 PM
SVEN IS A TWAT!! NEVER RATED HIM

whats he doing having lampard in that possition he is an attacking midfielder!!!! not a defending

he should have lampard were scholes is! and drop scholes or have 5 in midfield!!

also defoe should be in the team on the bench

hesky is shit and vassel can only run fast but can not score goals

TechnoRaver
03-06-2004, 05:28 PM
drop scholes :lol: hes one of our best players.

the friendly wasnt that meaningless, sven fielded the team which is gonna start against france.

individually are players are quality, its just they never seem to achieve at international level.

i f**kin hope we nail the french but its looking unlikely.

Ashley
03-06-2004, 05:30 PM
I couldnt care about england tbh, sorry folks :lol:

Esox Lucius
03-06-2004, 05:47 PM
come on france!!! :clap:

Richierush
03-06-2004, 05:55 PM

well ash u no where not to post bitch :lol: ;)

Richierush
03-06-2004, 05:57 PM
we all no england play really shite in friendlys,England will turn the heat up to play france one thing is it will be a test for our lads and after this match we will be able to tell whether we are worthy to lift the cup. ;)

Esox Lucius
03-06-2004, 06:19 PM
haha lmao england lift a cup :lol:

ADDI
03-06-2004, 06:29 PM
imo englad are gonna get F***ED over big time!! They are due a few heavy losses!!

dan the acid man
03-06-2004, 06:46 PM
it's hard to tell, we alway's get better result's in tournament's.

Richierush
04-06-2004, 12:45 AM
yeah true dan if u hate england footie team how can u live in our country downie get the **** out :protest: :lol: ;)

Esox Lucius
04-06-2004, 07:10 AM
lol dont hate england, just trying to wind some of you up :lol:

dJpZ
04-06-2004, 11:19 AM
French team will certainly do the same as in the last WCup...

Esox Lucius
04-06-2004, 11:36 AM
not so sure, I think France have got a very good chance of winning the tournament, I have a mad feeling it could be the Czech Republic.

Ashley
04-06-2004, 12:44 PM

Oh ill be posting alright, to slate the fcukers :lol: :lol: ;)

lukekendall
04-06-2004, 12:47 PM
drop scholes :lol: hes one of our best players.

the friendly wasnt that meaningless, sven fielded the team which is gonna start against france.

individually are players are quality, its just they never seem to achieve at international level.

i f**kin hope we nail the french but its looking unlikely.

yeah i would drop scholes he is quality dont get me wrong, but this season lampard and gerrard have been the best english players! they should be in centre of midfield! i think scholes could play on the left and beckham on the right in a 4,4,2 formation!

just my views after all im sure sven knows a lot more than us

dJpZ
04-06-2004, 03:03 PM
I just did my pronostics!!

HEHEHE (http://www.crazyfoot.com/foot/euro2004/france/grillelaplusjoues.htm)

:dance: :)

yours?

Col
04-06-2004, 07:17 PM
i think we will struggle to get out of the initial group stage. i think the best we can hope for is a place in the quarters. anyone who thinks we can win euro 2004 is being very naive imo. the diamond formation is rank. david james is a pathetic excuse for a goalkeeper. and the hardest working player in england didnt even get picked for the squad. not to mention the fact, that the current england coach doesnt give a shit about the national side.

the french will fu*king roll us over with ease. although if we were to play to our strengths (3-5-2) we would stand a better chance.

Richierush
04-06-2004, 07:57 PM

:lol: ash i have the power to make u love them :lol: but i think ur a secret england fan anyway so id have no need to edit if you just admit it now :lol:

Richierush
04-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Personally i think England are gonna shut a phew of u up and win the thing call me nieve but thats how it is :neutral:

Esox Lucius
04-06-2004, 08:03 PM
tell you what rich you could make some money with that vivid imagination of yours ;)

Ashley
04-06-2004, 09:05 PM

:lol: ash i have the power to make u love them :lol: but i think ur a secret england fan anyway so id have no need to edit if you just admit it now :lol:

hahaha ill tell the jokes :roll: ;)

Richierush
04-06-2004, 09:10 PM
:lol: :cool:

TechnoRaver
05-06-2004, 10:21 AM
and the hardest working player in england didnt even get picked for the squad. .
i hope u mean gareth southgate.

Hakka
05-06-2004, 11:43 AM

Bit harsh... I care about how Scotland do.

Col
05-06-2004, 11:46 AM
and the hardest working player in england didnt even get picked for the squad. .
i hope u mean gareth southgate.

lets not be silly, i think we all know which player i was refering to.

Hakka
05-06-2004, 11:50 AM
England's chances? It's so hard to call. England have great players, but its up front that concerns me most. It's just England tend to defend well, do well in midfield... but look a bit toothless and lost when it comes to doing things in the final 3rd of the pitch. The semi final against Brazil two years ago showed this (last high profile game which the players HAD to win). Owens first goal was gifted to us by an error on Lucio's part, the rest of our attacking play was panic football... and that's not good. I again feel that the players we have here are capable of doing something special on the day, but its being able to make all the quater, semi and final games special ones which is the problem.

It's all down to Sven's tactics and belief. If the belief is there that we can play against any team and stick to playing the football England are best at, then we will prove a very tough team and have a real chance. If England don't have the belief and start hitting long and hopeful balls we can expect to be beaten I feel.

Let's hope England do well!

Ashley
05-06-2004, 12:40 PM

Sorry but its how i feel, bad i know.

Hakka
05-06-2004, 01:22 PM

Sorry but its how i feel, bad i know.

no need to apologise mate! Just that I personally like to see all British teams do well (yes, even the Welsh...) and I think England need all the support they can get for Euro 2004...

But of course, your free to support who you wish!

:lol:

BOXY
05-06-2004, 02:51 PM
I THINK THAT ENGLAND HAVE GOT A REALLY GOOD CHANCE I THINK ITS VITAL THAT WE GET SOME THING OUT OF THE FIRST GAME WITH FRANCE THOUGH!!

278d7e64a374de26f==