PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Techno

dirty_bass
03-06-2004, 05:01 PM
I have a question for everybody.
We are finalising our club night details, and with the venue we have, we have the opportunity to do Sunday after parties. We are looking at 7:30am till 6pm sunday.
I think this is a great opportunity, we have the venue for a song, so we don`t have to book huge names to guarantee loads of numbers to pay the hire costs. Which means we can really take risks with our bookings and go for people who get little exposure in the uk, for techno.

We are just arguing over if this whole sunday thing is a good idea.
I would really value any and all opinions.

Fake DJ
03-06-2004, 05:30 PM
I can't really comment on day-time clubbing in london cos i have only been to one club (Riot) but it was hammered

ibn manchester day time clubbing hasnt really taken off yet, but woth the correct promotion etc imo u cud be onto a winner :)

dan the acid man
03-06-2004, 06:13 PM
insomniacz when it was in sheffield was mainly quite full, i never went myself cos it's not my kind of music.

Stella Boy
03-06-2004, 06:20 PM
What time do the majority of techno clubs shut in London ?. I only ask because if they shut at 6am then the way I'm thinking is, what are the clubbers gonna do for 90 minutes until your event opens?.

The Overfiend
03-06-2004, 06:22 PM
What time do the majority of techno clubs shut in London ?. I only ask because if they shut at 6am then the way I'm thinking is, what are the clubbers gonna do for 90 minutes until your event opens?.

Do what we do in jersey and go to a diner, but Steve if you set up a breakfast stand outside the venue..........................

dirty_bass
03-06-2004, 07:04 PM
haha, yeah, a breakfasy stand.
Well there is a huge chillout room, which we will open at 6am
but we`ll kick off the techno at 7-7:30 am

Fake DJ
03-06-2004, 07:14 PM
insomniacz when it was in sheffield was mainly quite full, i never went myself cos it's not my kind of music.

yeah soms was massive but only due to the lineups it had on, it still is massive but the last 1 wasnt to busy i heard

ampassasinbirmingham
03-06-2004, 08:18 PM
all clubs ive been to in london went on till 7. then you have the encore so we didnt leave till about 7:20. sounds good, but can u garantee people wanna do da after patrty biznezz

davethedrummer
03-06-2004, 11:40 PM
wicked idea

dtl
03-06-2004, 11:59 PM
Then you would have to compete with the squat parties, or are you trying to steer away from those 3 lines KKK crowds?

dirty_bass
04-06-2004, 12:33 AM
I used to put on squat parties, and I`ve been through all this.

The point is, we will be providing everything a squat party offers, only we will have safe security (so no muggers, crack heads, gangsters, but also no hassle from the bouncers), clean working toilets, no risk of being shut down, a wider variety of dj`s and styles of techno, SEATING, bar etc. A top quality soundsystem.
All iin the centre of London.

G-whizz
04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
Wicked idea !
theres loads of poeple to doing after parties ... but none who cater for the techno crowd .

If you go to brixton say there are least 2-3 after parties going on and they all play roughly the same stuff ....

serox
04-06-2004, 11:28 AM
for me, i love going to a party (squat) on a sunday. cannot beat a outdoor party in hackney and rave all day. wikkid when the sun is out:) where about is this club going to be? sure theer will be many people who want to go to a club o sunday after a good session saturday ;)

Rog
04-06-2004, 12:26 PM
As mentioned above, theres loads of after partys for the hard house / trance / nrg whizzzz kidz, this is all good but many would like to venture into the techno world..

But who wants to run the risks as DirtyBass has above pointed - this way you can have the same buzz but somewhere safe - I think its an excellent idea - and one that can work very well, especially with "big" events getting a more popular techno side of things - its all good to offer more techno. ;)

Especially with the laws on the whole free scene being tightened so much, its all ****kkt!

Eric - DirtyBass knows very much about the "squat scene" Hows tricks in the dam? :crackup:

death on a stick
04-06-2004, 04:28 PM
It's a good idea, on paper. I'm not sure how pleasant the idea of people raving to techno all Sunday is though. My ideal Sunday event would be somewhere out of doors, remote, and the music policy would definitely not include any banging. Throbbing, pulsating, gyrating, yes.....but not banging.

Obviously this fantasy only works on Summer Sundays when it's not raining.

gary_human
04-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Yes mate - as every one has said before - there is a big after party scene to tap into in london and itso only trance and hardhouse they cater for - so a techno 'day' by techno people can only be good, else some hardhouse promoters will put a techno day on!

Heard db001 other day - nice !!! especially the tech'ouse side!!!

where are your other vinyls avail on the net?

:lol:

T
04-06-2004, 04:35 PM
yep great idea. I'd definitely go and check it out anyway.

Rog
04-06-2004, 04:48 PM
you can get some new Dirtybass Chewns on Juno..

No2.. is :love: :love: :love: (ooo the bass!!!) :crackup:

jonnyspeed
05-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Go for it. Too much rubbish in London for the slappers and hooligans. If you get the atmosphere and tunes right people we turn up - I know loads of people who won't do squat parties because they think they are dangereous.

MangaFish
05-06-2004, 11:38 PM
i'd be up for a techno after party :clap:

jonnyspeed
06-06-2004, 11:19 AM
I used to put on squat parties, and I`ve been through all this.

The point is, we will be providing everything a squat party offers, only we will have safe security (so no muggers, crack heads, gangsters, but also no hassle from the bouncers), clean working toilets, no risk of being shut down, a wider variety of dj`s and styles of techno, SEATING, bar etc. A top quality soundsystem.
All iin the centre of London.

...plus cloak room!

:)

jonnyspeed
06-06-2004, 11:21 AM
It's a good idea, on paper. I'm not sure how pleasant the idea of people raving to techno all Sunday is though. My ideal Sunday event would be somewhere out of doors, remote, and the music policy would definitely not include any banging. Throbbing, pulsating, gyrating, yes.....but not banging.

...and you sir sound like a girl who really does not know how to keep it real.

Please sir, can I have some soft music and some flowers for a sunday. puff ;)

Tony
08-06-2004, 11:01 PM

...and you sir sound like a girl who really does not know how to keep it real.

Please sir, can I have some soft music and some flowers for a sunday. puff ;)

well, i was about to mention that minimal techno and micro house works splendidly on a sunday.

but obviously this treble-hard-bastard above knows much more. wakey wakey, its not all thump thump nose bleed you know. its the harder faster, still dropping drugs fumphty hours later after you went out that for me is certainly not 'keeping it real'. i appreciate it happens, but why kill your crowd.
DOAS - see you on the front for a boogie and an opportunity to retain ones hearing.

Tony
08-06-2004, 11:03 PM
sorry, missed the smileys there. all light hearted
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dirty_bass
08-06-2004, 11:16 PM
I didn`t really have any intention of sticking to one style of techno at all.
The night (day) will be an eclectic mix of all types of techno. With the emphasis (hopefully) on live P.A`s
The first event is now booked, and we are confirming the first days bookings at the moment.

Any suggestions, or anyone who thinks they should be playing, can PM me.

G-whizz
09-06-2004, 10:24 AM
I didn`t really have any intention of sticking to one style of techno at all.
The night (day) will be an eclectic mix of all types of techno. With the emphasis (hopefully) on live P.A`s
The first event is now booked, and we are confirming the first days bookings at the moment.

Any suggestions, or anyone who thinks they should be playing, can PM me.

Wicked ! keep us posted mate :)

Paul Zykotik
09-06-2004, 11:31 AM
Sounds quite good to me. I assume your target audience is those that have been at squat parties the night before?

Rog
09-06-2004, 11:50 AM
^^^ dude - alot of peole go to partys at that time.. let alone come home!

All depends on ya stamina - I flag.. so sleep is good!

Dirty PM bout chewns etc... ;)

dirty_bass
09-06-2004, 09:26 PM
Our taget audience we hope, is clubbers looking to carry on, the crew who used to do squat parties, but got scared away by the evilness, and people interested in seeing live electronic music, plus sunday, day clubbers (the lunchtime crowd).
And of course those who need a place to come down, cos mummy won`t like seeing em in such a bad state.

We aim to educate and entertain.

High concept, but hey, ya gotta set your sights high right?

I am hoping to get film students in to provide imagery, and artists to display their works in the building.

Jimfish
09-06-2004, 11:32 PM
well, i was about to mention that minimal techno and micro house works splendidly on a sunday.

whats microhouse? thats twice ive heard that in a week!?
ive never heard it before in my life.. is this the new fashion or am i just terribly behind it all as usual? *sigh*

slacker
10-06-2004, 05:55 PM
squat parties ain't as evil as they used to be.
I'm a bespectecled little geeky middle-class technohead, and I've never been jacked/stabbed/whatever.

still, I s'pose each to there own, and knowing the flawlessly brilliant quality of all things dirty bass I shall probably come. keep us posted :)

dirty_bass
11-06-2004, 12:23 AM
No, not all squat parties are evil, some people are really making an effort, but I fear that it is too little too late, and I know for sure that there isn`t the power of resistence there anymore to stop some of the real nasty elements from getting in.
Go to a party straight, and stay straight, take a walk around and see how safe it is before you think about getting wobbly.

278d7e64a374de26f==