PDA

View Full Version : W Jorg Henze

Methodixxx
04-06-2004, 02:43 AM
Henze has done some great stuff over the years... with various people like Heckmann... on labels like Federation of Drums (mmmnnnn... "Aurora Borealis" and "Close Your Eyes")... his remix work... and also his more acceeeeed things he does under different names....

BUT

I just got a promo by him that I can honestly say is my favourite thing that he's done!! :clap: Sooooo damn gooood!!!
The A track, "Ignoble", has a stripped back groove but is still really pumping with a distorted tom very cleverly used, very reminisent of some older stuff like Steve Rachmad...
The B1, "Swingers Hotline", is a fuller percussive track with great breaks and shiat, and then in the main break a huge off beat bouncing bassline comes in to pump away to the end...
And the B2 (my pick of the bunch), "Swallow It", is just phenomenal!! Cranking, clanking percussion, clever arrangement, a great stabby synth comes in towards the latter stages, but the thing that gets me is the massively obese bass that hits you in your face every so often!!! So dirty and so ready to completely melt heads on a dance floor!!!! You know your gonna Swallow It!! ;)

People's thoughts on Henze...?

The Overfiend
04-06-2004, 03:17 AM
Se siente mi cuerpo.
thats what i'm talking about.

killarava2day
04-06-2004, 06:19 AM
I had a couple of people asking me about a track I played a few weeks back and to my surprise, because it doesn't happen often, it was the last Henze EP from FOD, Delivery Girl.

Not too much going on, but a catchy guitar groove which seems to go down really well.

daviec
04-06-2004, 07:28 AM
I always give Henze's stuff a listen. I've got a good Synopsis release by him and one on Bound as well. He's produced some great tracks. Always finds a good hook, whether it's a rythm or percussion edit or whatever.

I'll need to look out for this one.

sash
04-06-2004, 11:36 PM
yeah Henze is a sick cu*t. his extended range ep is awesome.

tioneb
05-06-2004, 05:03 PM
I had a couple of people asking me about a track I played a few weeks back and to my surprise, because it doesn't happen often, it was the last Henze EP from FOD, Delivery Girl.

Not too much going on, but a catchy guitar groove which seems to go down really well.

ye this one is good

i personnally dig even more the previous FOD. some killer track that makes the crowds shout really loud

278d7e64a374de26f==