PDA

View Full Version : chris mcormack

basslinejunkie
04-06-2004, 04:56 PM
any1 have any links 2 any chirs mcormack sets (mp3) they dont mind sharing?? ;)

herman
04-06-2004, 07:31 PM
ermm as far as i know he doesn't dj or play live so you will be lucky mate

basslinejunkie
04-06-2004, 07:40 PM
:eh: doesnt he?? always thought he did.....so he just produces then :roll: :doh:

The Overfiend
04-06-2004, 09:03 PM
purchase his full lengths
;)

dirty_bass
04-06-2004, 09:24 PM
Nope he doesn`t play live or play records

Stella Boy
04-06-2004, 09:37 PM
Nope he doesn`t play live or play records

Why ? Surely if you spent hours upon hours working on trax in the studio you would then want to experience the reaction of the crowd first hand.:eh: It's his call at the end of the day but it is a real shame.

dirty_bass
05-06-2004, 02:04 AM
Man it really annoys me, that people allways assume that a named producer plays records, or a named DJ makes tunes.
I think half th wporblem with this scene is that too many DJ`s think because they can play em, they can make em, and there is a lot of kak on the market because of this.

I kinda respect the guy for not playing records. Cos there is less ego involved in what he does.

I`m not having a go at anyone here. I`m just snapping at the world in general. :rambo:

Jimfish
05-06-2004, 02:12 AM
I kinda respect the guy for not playing records. Cos there is less ego involved in what he does.

here here!

The Overfiend
05-06-2004, 04:39 AM
:clap:

basslinejunkie
05-06-2004, 12:14 PM
any reccomendations on his material?? although i havent got any of his stuff ive heard a few,namely his relese on clr with rush on the other side,boa1 and his recent sigue sigue sputnik thing,is there anythin i should be looking out for?? ive seen erase techno floting around but i havent actually heard it,any good???

also sorry 4 striking a few nerves,i just presumed he played out as his tunes are quality so i thought hed play a mean techno set,afterall if you dont ask,you dont find out :roll:

Scrawny
05-06-2004, 12:20 PM
Erase techno is brilliant just hard and seriously filthy techno!! What Kind Of Sound is a good release aswell, it's electro, he mainly produces hard techno and electro.

basslinejunkie
05-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Erase techno is brilliant just hard and seriously filthy techno!! What Kind Of Sound is a good release aswell, it's electro, he mainly produces hard techno and electro.

good stuff!! :rambo: cheers scrawny :)

dan the acid man
05-06-2004, 02:00 PM
Man it really annoys me, that people allways assume that a named producer plays records, or a named DJ makes tunes.
I think half th wporblem with this scene is that too many DJ`s think because they can play em, they can make em, and there is a lot of kak on the market because of this.

I`m not having a go at anyone here. I`m just snapping at the world in general. :rambo:

i agree with that 100%

eyes without a face
05-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Chris has no interest in the more usual side to the scene such as clubbing and Djing, he is soley a music maker!!! which is cool in a way, but i personally wud want to see the reactions in teh clubs to my records

either way the mans one of teh best, if not the best, uk producer at the moment

daviec
05-06-2004, 03:20 PM
Sea Level :clap:

schlongfingers
05-06-2004, 03:41 PM
I've heard him play live (or was it DJ'ing - cannea remember) but it was a LONG time ago.

On the same bill as Mark EG in fact :D

dan the acid man
05-06-2004, 06:29 PM
Sea Level :clap:

that tune is seriously hard, and good :cool:

daviec
05-06-2004, 07:16 PM
The remixes were good as well, and I see there's a new round of them coming up including a Lars Klein mix. Should be worth a listen.

DJVirulent
14-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Chris McCormack seems to be one of the rare techno producers who can write good music outside of techno. His Returned (as UK Gold) and What Kind Of Sound albums are outstanding, and the original version of Arise is an absolutely infectious piece of modern dub. Sometimes you wonder if the reason he doesn't play out live is because he can't do justice to the breadth of his material with simply a sampler or Ableton.

DJVirulent
14-06-2004, 11:26 AM
The remixes were good as well, and I see there's a new round of them coming up including a Lars Klein mix. Should be worth a listen.

Heh, I STILL play the Zentz one on the original remix record. Total masterpiece.

Col
15-06-2004, 12:52 AM
the man is a techno god. production wise this guy is so diverse & clever, and his attitude is second to none.

TechMouse
16-06-2004, 03:42 PM
but i personally wud want to see the reactions in teh clubs to my records

Too right.

Especially if I made tunes at the quality Chris does.

Even so, you have to respect the guy for sticking to his personal values.

Kube 72
17-06-2004, 02:05 PM
I love Chris's stuff and look out for the new FLUX004 as he has a track on there called Skyline I believe ( I don't know as mine is blank, sorry) but it is a stormer!

Martin Dust
23-06-2004, 10:58 PM
His remix of AK-47 is wonderful, he's got some new stuff coming out on Nasty's label soon...

slavestudios
25-06-2004, 03:30 PM
i'm gonna get rippe dfor this, but here goes...

oever-rated.

some good stuff, a few blinders, but dont do it for me.

UK Gold stuff is middle road tec-house for the Prime masses...

his latest remix (some of my mates are going buck daft over it) of Sigue Sigue Sputnik is atrocious, just Erase Techno again... onlly this time with a crap vocal...

ive also heard that he CANT dj, thats why he never got gigs. wether any thruth lies in that i dont know, but the guy who told me is well up the ladder.... time will tell i guess

dont get me wrong, his CLR remix is brilliant. i even got another copy to do doubles, but his output doesnt stand up.

BUT, its just my opinion. thats all

Sunil
25-06-2004, 06:36 PM
Wow Pete! I'm very surprised at that I have to say... I guess it's a matter of opinion although considering that you prefer the CLR remix out of all his stuff would say to me that you'd only have time for his straighter techno anyway. Dunno where you've heard the can't DJ part but ain't that a bit off to be posting up like that, saying that someone "up the ladder" told you? Come on Pete, you can do better than that :nono: I think you're in a disagreeing for the sake of it mood here to be honest :) Being a big fan of Chris' music I guess I'm bias, but I think you're way off here. To my mind techno was a loser when Luke Slater left the fold, someone who could make a 'tune' and capture a feeling that no-one else was gonna be able to replicate... Chris McCormack is also one of these people, a true individual in my opinion.

eyes without a face
27-06-2004, 11:18 PM
The track of his on the Flux record is indeed called "Skyline" and its a stormer, i played it at Subsonica and it sounded wikid! i only got my copy on that day aswell, its a superb record all round!

azerom04
28-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Apparently he doesn't DJ because he believes that you can't be out all weekend in clubs to all hours and produce good music in the week. Its one or the other. :clap:

God only knows if these means he can't hold two tunes down though.
Chances are with an ear like that he can or could if he wanted.

dirty_bass
29-06-2004, 12:23 AM
I must admit, I don`t understand what all the fuss is about. His production standard is very good.
But I thought that erase techno was the only thing he has done that stood out from the Ben Sims-esque club.

slavestudios
29-06-2004, 02:05 PM
i said it before & i'll say it again, its just what i was told...

u obviously love the guys work Sunil, but i kust think its overated as techno... Erase was good, his CLR remix was ace, but he has done a load of stuff that just drifted by me...

i just dont rate him as much as most. hes in the same boat as Ade Fenton for me. love his tough hard techno, but aint got no time for this wiahy washy bollox.

BUT ITS JUST MY OPINION ! ffs, get over it

slavestudios
29-06-2004, 02:07 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sunil
29-06-2004, 08:30 PM
BUT ITS JUST MY OPINION !

Yeah, and it's up your ****in hole :rambo: :lol: :lol: :lol:

slavestudios
30-06-2004, 04:19 PM
i wqasnt gonna be this brash, but you know your full of shite Sunil...

jus cos u dont like it its shite ? but if u dig it its gold ?

****in grow up :roll:

Sunil
30-06-2004, 04:52 PM
jus cos u dont like it its shite ? but if u dig it its gold ?

that's exactly what I would have said about you.

slavestudios
30-06-2004, 07:49 PM
:lol:

coolio Sunil, coolio da **** :clap:

Erase Techno
30-06-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi Guys,
I just wanted to thank you for some of the comments made here. It means a lot to receive your support.

Just to clear up a few points, schlongfingers I most definatly have never DJ`d out anywhere, I don`t know whre you got this info.

And for the people commenting on the DJing side, just because I love and produce some Techno why should I have any interest in DJ`ing? I get offers all the time from promoters, tours of austrailia, europe you mention it I`ve been offered it, but I have NO INTEREST end of story. I am interested in making music, not spinning other peoples music to crowds. I honestly don`t see how they are even remotely related.

DJVirulent has got it right as to why I dont play live, thank you, its such a relief to read comments that are spot on. I`m not dismissing playing live, I would like to if I could find a way to create what I would like to do, but at the moment its not possible for me.

I have always stuck to what I believe in, and I always will. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to those who like and support what I do, I will always do my best never to let you down.

Chris.

slavestudios
01-07-2004, 03:17 AM
well that clears that up

apologies for any offence, i was only being honest in my opinions on your work.

as for the comment about the djing/agency issue, as i said, it was just what i was told & to be honest, i never said i truly believed it.

Kube 72
01-07-2004, 05:04 PM
Good on ya Chris! and keep em coming ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
01-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Could someone tell me what is happening to the materials label?

Paula temple's tune/ origional sea level and what kind of sound are the shnizzle.

Also can anyone give me anymore info on anymore paula temple shit? i cant find it anywhere?

Drumsquasher
02-07-2004, 09:14 AM
I read your article in the raveline here in germany, I think this is 2 Years ago. I canĀ“t understand it. It is great to see people move to your Tracks or mixes...

Sam_Horam
03-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Could someone tell me what is happening to the materials label?

Paula temple's tune/ origional sea level and what kind of sound are the shnizzle.

Also can anyone give me anymore info on anymore paula temple shit? i cant find it anywhere?

Only 1 12" I think

Go to:

http://www.virtualfuturemusic.com/

Back up and running after a couple of years out of action I think

H3lx
03-07-2004, 03:15 AM
What Kind Of Sound is a good release aswell

far and away one of the best tunes i have EVER heard

cant get enough of it

Erase Techno
03-07-2004, 11:29 AM
Hi,

Just to let you know that Materials is still well and alive. Forthcoming releases are the second sea level remixes, a new EP by myself entitled "Locked" and Paula`s second ep entitled "Vessel".

H3lx, really pleased you like the WKOS ep, I have a new EP coming soon on Electrix, entitled "Redesigned" it has the two originals from MTZ006 plus two new tracks.

ampassasinbirmingham
03-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Hi,

Just to let you know that Materials is still well and alive. Forthcoming releases are the second sea level remixes, a new EP by myself entitled "Locked" and Paula`s second ep entitled "Vessel".

H3lx, really pleased you like the WKOS ep, I have a new EP coming soon on Electrix, entitled "Redesigned" it has the two originals from MTZ006 plus two new tracks.

YESS more materials. i really do hope its along the same lines as the older stuff.

Daire
06-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Over the years I found Chris' productions and attitude to be truly a breath of fresh air within a world of mundane & mediocre techno. Hats off :clap:

DJPAUZE
07-08-2004, 12:51 AM
I gotta give Chris a pat on the back cause i just love his shit. Don't really care whether or not he's playin live, just dont stop making music!!!! Every time i see a new McCormack record I grab it quick, always pure quality.

Peace
Pauze :twisted:

elek7r
10-08-2004, 05:16 AM
ohhh yeah __

chris jobs ROCKS ! EVERYTIME!

>>> specially ___ erase techno EP + from just music label --> groove with mr pervert - track !!

please __ make morestuff like these!!!

MARKEG
10-08-2004, 05:33 AM
Respect to Chris :clap: :clap:

Methodixxx
22-08-2004, 04:56 AM
Nice one on the new Electrix Chris... Just picked it up and its ****in noice!

:clap:

I get most of your records I hear too, such diversity, and always hits a nerve... waiting to hear the new Flux...

jesus
22-08-2004, 12:14 PM
just heard the new flux on the split show sounds great

eyes without a face
26-08-2004, 03:13 PM
yes thats a killer track on the Flux record, each track is superb but the McCormack tune is the one for me

lovely

278d7e64a374de26f==