PDA

View Full Version : LivePA excerpt

xfive
05-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Check this out peeps and tell me whatcha think..
Excerpt from a LivePA last night.. recording got a bit munged so I redid a few select tracks today.. This is one of em.

Thanks for listening :)

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~chris/music/ecksfive_-_taurine.mp3

dan the acid man
06-06-2004, 02:34 PM
really nice punchy percussion except for the kick which get's lost in the mix, nice arrangement and i love the clangy synth

xfive
06-06-2004, 11:16 PM
Thanks for the comments!
Yeah you're right I do need to fix the way the kick and the bass sit together. I will re-record through my Mackie 8bus instead of the Live rig's 1402. That should let me zone in on the proper freqs and flush it out :)

dirty_bass
06-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Very nutty techno!!!!

Hmmm, this mix is a little cluttered. It sound like all the sounds are much too close together frequency wise.

The kick definitely needs more punch as dan said. And I reckon the bass can be boosted, as it is below the kick frequency wise.

It sounds like the mix has been over squeezed or something.

I would go for a zero point re-master and really try to add more space and presence to the mix.

xfive
06-06-2004, 11:52 PM
You're right about the squeezing and I recon it's due to some of the internal effects I used on the percussion from the ESX. I think the best thing for me to do now is record everything in seperately, and completely dry and just do a nice studio version of it where I have a little more control :)

Man re-assembling the studio is gonna be FUN! :neutral:

dirty_bass
07-06-2004, 01:17 AM
yeah, you can get away with loads of stuff live, cos of the space the sounds get on a rig.

278d7e64a374de26f==