PDA

View Full Version : theres nothing more frustrating than trying to mix techno...

MangaFish
06-06-2004, 01:13 AM
theres nothing more frustrating than trying to mix techno on a quiet system.

i'm at home (on a saturday night on my birthday :eh: - long story) and thought i would on wind by mixing a few new tunes i picked up. me being the considerate neighbour ( :lol: ) i am i've got the sound right down and i'm struggling to 'get into' the music. i cant beatmatch with anywhere near as good acuracy and the mix just sounds flat.

its bloody frustrating! i feel like i've got a page 3 beaut lying naked on my bed and i'm unable to get an erection :cry:

daviec
06-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Yep, I know the feeling. I was having a **** about with some tracks there, and it's no use with the volume down.

I'm not a considerate neighbour right enough, but my kids are sleeping upstairs. I gave up, I'll just have to make do with someone elses mix through the headphones :lol:

daviec
06-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Oh, and Happy Birthday :)

MangaFish
06-06-2004, 01:20 AM
hehe - i've just done the same

great mind et al ;)

MangaFish
06-06-2004, 01:20 AM
Oh, and Happy Birthday :)

ta :)

dan the acid man
06-06-2004, 01:26 AM
happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonnyspeed
06-06-2004, 11:16 AM
theres nothing more frustrating than trying to mix techno on a quiet system.

i'm at home (on a saturday night on my birthday :eh: - long story) and thought i would on wind by mixing a few new tunes i picked up. me being the considerate neighbour ( :lol: ) i am i've got the sound right down and i'm struggling to 'get into' the music. i cant beatmatch with anywhere near as good acuracy and the mix just sounds flat.

its bloody frustrating! i feel like i've got a page 3 beaut lying naked on my bed and i'm unable to get an erection :cry:

good near field monitors help alot, mate - but be careful because alot of them have no bottom end.

I have the same issue but have managed to bridge a compromise with my neighbours - that resulted in them buying some **** off floor standers + new amp and each ther swopping mobile numbers ;) one txt either way, at any times and we tone it down. This obviously relies on your neighbours having a life.

Stella Boy
06-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Depending on how much cash you've got, you could go down the route of sound proofing the room. Money well spent if you spend half your life in there.

Happy birthday for yesterday ;)

AcidBastard
06-06-2004, 02:35 PM
This happened to me as well, which is probably how i got so good at mixing through my headphones and using the gains as the volume levels :doh:

tioneb
06-06-2004, 03:29 PM
i always play at my home on really low volume though my sound is enough good so taht i can push it really loud

blasting my ears is not my hobby

Rog
07-06-2004, 08:27 AM
i won't bother mixin if i cant bang it out - i just feel no oof oof! you know!

so i stick my head into the pc now :doh:

Ohhh Happy Birthday Dude! :notworthy:

serox
07-06-2004, 12:46 PM
just moved, but my house before was great having no1 near me to complain:) now i really cannot be bothered to mix unless i can play it lout. find it very hard to mix when it is on low volumn now. think it is good to learn playing low tho...

Sam_Horam
07-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Stick the treble up a bit and mix with the hats...it's not as much fun to mix with the volume down but it's better than nothing.

MangaFish
07-06-2004, 10:26 PM
Stick the treble up a bit and mix with the hats...it's not as much fun to mix with the volume down but it's better than nothing.

my hearing is more sensitive to higher frequences (i can hear electic :eh: ) so i beatmatch with them anyway.

but its the feeling of bass kicking through you that gets the energy going i think

conflict
08-06-2004, 10:35 AM
well living in the countryside with no near neighbours does have its advantages :cool: well apart from there being no pub here!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==