PDA

View Full Version : Fruity Loops

K Front
09-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Ive just got hold of fruity loops off a mate and ive been messing around in it for a while but i dont really know whats going on. I was just wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers to get started?

Addict
10-03-2003, 10:16 AM
I've just started messing around with this aswell.

Can't really explain how you use it without pictures.

Once you get used to it it's a right larf

I wonder if anybody has made a track that actually got released using FLPS

K Front
10-03-2003, 11:05 AM
yeh i think binary finary did one of there tracks in fruity, not sure tho.

log:one
10-03-2003, 01:24 PM
trust me, a VERY big artist/artists use only fruity loops to produce their fudging amazing trance... one of the greatest trance acts around.

its a really powerful program, especially the 3xosc synth, you just have to unlock its potential. its all about effects mate. you get a totally pedestrian sounding synth sound, whack it through the fruity flanger, add some delay and shit and your away!!

check the help files and tutorials, they will really help get you started. it will pay off to learn how to use it properly cos there's a hell of a lot going on underneath the "fisher price my first sequencer" exterior.

also you can get a pdf manual at fruityloops.com

Addict
10-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Do you think after using Fruity Loops you could move onto things like Cubase which I asume are a lot more complex. Also I've noticed that you can use FLPs to create your own 16 bar loops which you can save as MIDI files or WAV files rather than having to save the settings in FLPS. Who's this Producer then?

K Front
10-03-2003, 02:30 PM
nice one log:one, i never thought of a tutorial

djjaym
10-03-2003, 03:45 PM
i use fruity loops 3 but mainly for p#ercussion

Barely Human
10-03-2003, 07:17 PM
A lot of producers who have been around for years seem to be scared of fruity. But to me it is one of the best pieces of software available! Its ease of use is the main thing. All i can say is, mess about with it and u will quickly learn how to use it! If you have any specific questions to ask about it, im sure I will be able to answer them. But saying have u got a few pointers is a little vague to give an answer to.

10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
Do you think after using Fruity Loops you could move onto things like Cubase which I asume are a lot more complex.
definitely, and once you've sussed out floops you open up cubase, and load fruity as a plugin... then you can start triggering your percussion and synths live

Who's this Producer then?
ummm... i dont know if i should say cos he wasnt very forthcoming with the info, i had to beat it out of him with my trance beating stick and he said to keep it quiet. which, incidentally is available for hire at reasonable rates. suffice to say he's my favourite producer and responsible for many trance and hard trance classics..... and i was amazed when he told me they use fruity cos i thought id never make a synth sound as wide as his, but im definitely getting there.

although i know for a fact that hardhouse gypsy Ingo uses fruityloops too... ha ha ha haah!!!!

Addict
11-03-2003, 09:09 AM
I here you and Beneye are working on something at the moment... Did you like Chris Hares tune? I thought that riff was really clever.

11-03-2003, 12:08 PM
yeah, me and ben have been working together for about 4 or 5 months now. its funny cos when we listen to the stuff we did right at the start, which we thought was amazing and out of this world at the time, we realise is complete dogpoo...

yeah mate, chris's tune is wicked... totally different to anything else out there. trust me, chris is going to be an amazing producer... he's got so many ideas flying around in his head, he's just getting used to organising them and getting them together in a tune. one to watch i reckon!!

Addict
11-03-2003, 05:25 PM
Yeh I can see that happening. I was really chuffed with my first attempt. Which was a week ago. Now it sounds pants, really hollow, problem is I can't do riffs coz I don't have a keyboard so everything I do at the moment is gonna sound like techno.

Going to Trilogy then?

13-03-2003, 07:49 PM
mate, trust me you dont need a keyboard to do riffs... sure, its a useful tool if for toying with ideas, but its not essential... lets face it most stuff your gonna be writing is too fast to be played by hand anyway... unless of course your a champion five knuckle shuffler like myself... just write in a few notes, loop em up and start fiddling... then clean up after yourself and move some notes around too.
trilogy? yes mate! probly going to hindsight first but i'll b there before natron starts, believe!!! see you there mate.

Addict
14-03-2003, 09:10 AM
whe you say "write a few notes" is there a program where you can write stuff and it plays then?

16-03-2003, 05:19 PM
yes mate, thats what sequencers do... obviously you really are starting from scratch and i really cant reccomend fruityloops too highly for a beginner. just take it one step at a time, print out the help files (they're wicked, illustrated and really easy to follow) and start from the kick drum up! to be honest its best to leave riffs for a while cos the whole synth programming thing will just mess with your head. concentrate on getting a kick/bass loop going, four beats is all you need, then add something else... a clap for example, then hi hats... its a headfunk to start with but youll learn so much everytime you turn your computer on and each day youll get closer to making something you actually want people to hear!
the only way to advance is to crack on!!!

baptismo
17-03-2003, 11:20 AM
but a more advanced sequencer like cubase or logic gives u so much more control, so many more options.....

fruitys a lush prog, but u can do sooooo much more in a larger sequencer.

K Front
17-03-2003, 11:29 AM
yes mate, thats what sequencers do... obviously you really are starting from scratch and i really cant reccomend fruityloops too highly for a beginner. just take it one step at a time, print out the help files (they're wicked, illustrated and really easy to follow) and start from the kick drum up! to be honest its best to leave riffs for a while cos the whole synth programming thing will just mess with your head. concentrate on getting a kick/bass loop going, four beats is all you need, then add something else... a clap for example, then hi hats...

i am strating pretty much from scratch, but i know a lot of the basic looping, like kicks, hi hats etc, from other software aswell as fruity, but i want to start on the riffs now. what sequencer programme does anyone recommend to start off with?

17-03-2003, 07:08 PM
but a more advanced sequencer like cubase or logic gives u so much more control, so many more options.....

fruitys a lush prog, but u can do sooooo much more in a larger sequencer.
yeah i know jon, i use cubase sx for everything, im just saying for a beginner its much better to start on fruity, precisely because of what you said, there's so much more controls and shit on cubase that it would just freak the fukk out of you if you started from scratch on there.

baptismo
18-03-2003, 10:33 AM
yeah i know jon, i use cubase sx for everything, im just saying for a beginner its much better to start on fruity, precisely because of what you said, there's so much more controls and shit on cubase that it would just freak the fukk out of you if you started from scratch on there.

Good point log, fruity is a nice easy program to use... and as u said earlier, top producers use it... My friends in Australia who are behind the Devils Ear and Klasic and Sanders projects use fruity loops...

Barely Human
19-03-2003, 12:23 PM
Wait till u see fruityloops studio!!!!

278d7e64a374de26f==