PDA

View Full Version : Samples anyone?

eyes without a face
21-10-2002, 03:08 AM
just wondering if anyone knows where i can get some quality techno samples either on the net or elsewhere?

im lookin for nice synths, stabs, pads, and loads of percussion, as many percussion samples as possible, by they whistles, hats, snares, shakers absolutely anything thats got that nice tribal feel

some nice vocals too

thanks

MARKEG
22-10-2002, 11:10 PM
That's something I'd like to know also. Good free techno samples. Any ideas anyone?

PS I get quite a few sample CD's sent to me from various companies - a few of them are reviewed on the main BOA site (under the audio section I think).

eyes without a face
23-10-2002, 01:03 AM
i was downloading some nice vocal snippets yesterday, nice booty vocals ive been toying with em

but seems to b a shortage of places on the net for real techno samples, but dave pearce would have a field day on the net lookin for samples

DJZeMig_L
23-10-2002, 09:09 AM
U can sample loads of stuff from films.. and series... and of course records (look 4 different styles music then the 1 u produce)

I personally prefer 2 sample records and film... Jerry springer is a goldmine & b-boys/ Hood movies!!! shhhh don't tell any1... I'm preatty sure Paul Already knew this 1 !! ehehe.. also things gives more caracter 2 yer tracks a makes u learn so much more about audio!!

I sampled loads of battle records... the ones used 4 scratching and beatjuggling!!

Z

MARKEG
23-10-2002, 02:23 PM
House Loops are absolutely amazing for hard P Rhythm style techno - especially one's with conga's in the mix. Just loop loads of them around for 1 or 2 beats instead of 4 and you'll soon start building up some really hard trax.

As Mr Mig says, Hip-Hop makes great booty vocals and you'll hear alot of these type of samples on Acid Techno stuff too (ie Dave The Drummer etc)

eyes without a face
23-10-2002, 04:48 PM
p rythym style technos exactly wot im aiming at with some of my stuff

decent house loops u say???

MARKEG
24-10-2002, 05:19 AM
yes, layer lots of them in acid (perhaps 10-20) and just make sure you've got very, very good kick and bass....

eyes without a face
24-10-2002, 03:04 PM
any idea where i can get some good house loops? the only samples ive got at home are all techno based... but i think ive got a few house cds not sure have to have a look

any help appreciated

rpmiller
10-01-2003, 03:04 AM
hi,

I'm quite into samples that are metallic or industrial sounding, and recently went out to a mates workshop with a portable DAT and recorded some nice metallic clangs, bangs and power tools for a project. The resulting samples are extremely good quality and are completely copyright free!! ideal...

lunatrick
10-01-2003, 12:32 PM
A really handy cd for house loops without the annoying kick drum causing wierd phasing is snappily entitled 'no kicks', I think this is a full price sample cd, but somebody copied it for me....great loops,percussion, definately worth as look / listen. Mark - you say loop around one or two beats - you mean just paste snippets of these loops over and over?

Barely Human
11-01-2003, 04:13 PM
i find that if u put some drumloops in fruity, layer them up, and put diferent arpegiators on them u can get some really heavy drum rythms!

278d7e64a374de26f==