PDA

View Full Version : Whats the greatest live PA you've ever seen / heard?

Si the Sigh
09-06-2004, 03:08 PM
I'd have to say Lawrie Immersion live...

Mind blowing!! :twisted: :clap: :twisted:

Si the Sigh
09-06-2004, 03:14 PM
Non-techno, I would have to say DJ Tango @ The Que Club in Birmingham...

:love:

Jimfish
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
Not techno but I used to love the old Roni Size/Reprazent PA, must have seen it a half a dozen times.. they'd do this thing at the end where they would squeeze just about every classic d&b track into 2 minutes, sounded ace :)

Busho
09-06-2004, 03:23 PM
Think the only 1 ive seen is Lab4 an that was wicked :clap:

Si the Sigh
09-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Not techno but I used to love the old Roni Size/Reprazent PA, must have seen it a half a dozen times.. they'd do this thing at the end where they would squeeze just about every classic d&b track into 2 minutes, sounded ace :)

Sounds good! I like a bit of D&B every now and again.

serox
09-06-2004, 04:00 PM
marc acardipane many years ago! live hardcore when the UK was listening to fluffy house:)

kraftwerk r ok to chill out too

basslinejunkie
09-06-2004, 04:04 PM
yep id say lawrie as well,superb :rambo: also gunjacks' live pa is top draw thats up on the net :rambo:

Rog
09-06-2004, 04:41 PM
the secret - twisted psy/acid trance

opal - nrg sounding, but with good percussion..

lab4 - pre 99 were ok (only stand out track imo is the witch!)

I really do enjoy pa's - when your mixing gets to a point where you do an analysis on every mix.. its time for pa's - crisp and clean :cool:

Rog
09-06-2004, 04:42 PM
also excited to here DirtyBass PA very soon!!! :crackup:

ncw
09-06-2004, 05:12 PM
Scion - Arrange and Process Basic Channel Live
Either in Birmingham @ HOG or Receive in London.

Trip Head
09-06-2004, 05:35 PM
I really do enjoy pa's - when your mixing gets to a point where you do an analysis on every mix.. its time for pa's - crisp and clean :cool:

Yeh I know what you mean, but quite a lot of live pas seem to be slightly out of time, or the hardware is not perfectly synced or something, and it seriously spoils the set. :nono:

I remember seeing geezer live a while back and some of the loops definetly weren't perfectly in time. Still I suppose its better than a lot of psy trance live pas where they just press play on their laptop :nono:

Evil G
09-06-2004, 05:37 PM
richie hawtin on the dex/fx/909 tour.

not a full live pa, but at one point he broke down to just a 909 and sh101, did something completely rediculous with the tempo nob, and i swear i saw a portal to another dimension open up and swallow a half-dozen ravers near the front.

The Overfiend
09-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Function @ the Tunnel in 1999.

Frank Dogshit
09-06-2004, 06:26 PM
alter ego,cocoon

Tiptoe
09-06-2004, 06:29 PM
again not 100% live pa. but richie hawtin has to have a mention for one of the best ever orbits. One of the most intense nights of my life. Check www.orbit48.com and go to the orbit tv and take a look.

Tiptoe
09-06-2004, 06:31 PM
oops forgot to mention it was on the dex effects and 909 tour. :doh:

g
09-06-2004, 06:46 PM
Plastikman live @ Spastik, Detroit, 13 Aug 1994
Plastikman live @ Transcendance, Toronto, 23 September 1995
Rob Hood, sometime in 1996 @ the Sardine Bar, Detroit
Luciano, a couple years ago, Detroit

damn there hasn't been much lately. maybe i need to go out.. :rambo:
would love to see mika, reeko or makaton but that prolly aint happenin on this continent any time soon. and max duley should get off his duff and put together that pa he's been talking about!

DJsmallpaul
09-06-2004, 07:42 PM
Only good live-pa i've seen was from Lab 4.

Pritty awsome :clap:

Seen a pa at Headcharge in Sheffield aswell but can't remember who they were :doh: They were rockin :cool:

DJsmallpaul
09-06-2004, 07:43 PM
Only good live-pa i've seen was from Lab 4.

Pritty awsome :clap:

Seen a pa at Headcharge in Sheffield aswell but can't remember who they were :doh: They were rockin :cool:

You'll know Dan the Acid Man ;)

dan the acid man
09-06-2004, 07:55 PM
how many where there doing the pa :?:

my personal favourite's have been, D.A.V.E the drummer at headcharge in sheffield

lawrie immersion at headcharge, the geezer also at headcharge (raw07 was awesome),

i also heard plus8 on john peel's radio show a few year's ago, i thought that was very impressive

4m8
09-06-2004, 07:59 PM
Hi,

My favorite live was Geezer playing a while back here in Brasil....wicked sound!!!

I heard Glenn Wilson´s live at Circuito here in Brasil and it was wonderful...great sound all the way through.

Regards

groover'z
09-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Hi,

My favorite live was Geezer playing a while back here in Brasil....wicked sound!!!

I heard Glenn Wilson´s live at Circuito here in Brasil and it was wonderful...great sound all the way through.

Regards

YES!!! GEEZER!!!!!
But Henry's live is not so bad :love:

Tiptoe
09-06-2004, 08:50 PM
oh yeah dave the drummer last nye too. ****ing ace!

messyfuture
09-06-2004, 08:59 PM
the finitribe in the que club about '95

they set up on the main stage half way through the night,

it was an amazing set up, they had all this scafold that they attached 5 massive cases to with all their gear in and drum pads on the edges

Blew me away

DerrenBobafat
09-06-2004, 10:39 PM
Eat Static @ atomic Jam Que club
Luke Slater also @ atomic Jam Que Club

Such a shame that pplace has closed down so many blurred memories there

scienceofuse
09-06-2004, 11:35 PM
Mouse on Mars

Bjorn Svin

Alexander Kowalski

sash
09-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Si Futures (earthcore Melbourne 2003) - im not really into breaks and i'd never heard of this guy but his live show was amazin. psychadelic techno breaks or some shit.

Infected Mushroom (earthcore Melbourne 2003) - im not into psy trance but these guys totally blew the roof off. fuk'n amazin)

TRB
09-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Glenn Wilson
Scan X
Alexander Kowalski
D.A.V.E. The Drummer

and i wanna see some day Speedy J here in Brazil. and Patrick DSP too!!

maily
10-06-2004, 12:16 AM
DDR was awsome last week,
went right from minimal to full on :clap:

Methodixxx
10-06-2004, 02:53 AM
Speedy J here in Sydney at Technikal... small club, packed to the rafters and Speedy caused sooo much damage!! The whole place was going hysterical!!

Dave the drummer's various PA's he's done at Swarm parties here in Syd too... the man knows just what the crowd wants everytime! Nice one Henry :clap:

And when Jeff broke into pure 909 action at that gig at Home I was crapping on about in the fav set thread.... I own the 909 he used too.. it was just bliss, live programming, never seen someone press buttons so fast, he was programming a whole bar in the time it took another bar to play! hahaha!

Methodixxx
10-06-2004, 02:54 AM
Oh, and local boy HPS? :rambo: He kicks ass live! Go Gav, go Gav, gooo!!!

Komplex
10-06-2004, 02:59 AM
Favorite live pa would have to be a toss up between Sutekh and Pounding Grooves.

Lawrie just slammed it out but Sutekh's was way more interesting and fun.

TRB
10-06-2004, 04:05 AM
I forgot 2

Carlos Rios vs Vincent de Wit (INSANE!!!)

Pounding Grooves

massplanck
10-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Favorite live pa would have to be a toss up between Sutekh and Pounding Grooves.

Lawrie just slammed it out but Sutekh's was way more interesting and fun.

jaysus i'd love to hear a sutekh PA.

My fav ones that I can rememememember so far are Si Begg @ Electrocuted Bodkins Aug 2003 and Decal @ TBMC May 2002.

Scrawny
10-06-2004, 12:50 PM
I was sick I missed that Si Begg gig, my favourite one would have been Decal @ Electric City.

crime
10-06-2004, 01:07 PM
Crystal Distortion
Michael Forshaw
Tobias Schmidt

and last but not least: Jamie Lidell...

all made me want to go home and throw all my kit away, and stop writing music as I'll never be that good...

massplanck
10-06-2004, 01:33 PM
[quote="crime"]

and last but not least: Jamie Lidell...

[quote]

arse. you always forget... saw him 3 weeks ago. mental

Teknicity
10-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Cannibal Cooking Club

and Relic (Brian Sanhaji)

:rambo:

Gluon
10-06-2004, 03:17 PM
Overall : Radiohead... current tour with all the electronica trappings.. mindblowing..

Performance : Rabbit in the Moon - Skylab 3, Denver Colorado.. Total and utter what-the-****...

Rated : Speedy J, Richie H. 909 breakdowns, Matthew Herbert, Jamie Lidell and Si Begg...

And thats a summary... so many many more....

Bas Mooy
10-06-2004, 04:20 PM
My favourite four!

Carlos Rios vs Vincent de Wit
Glenn Wilson
Speedy J
Secret Cinema

...all banging!!!

romelpotter
10-06-2004, 04:54 PM
JUSTIN BERKOVI was very good at atomic jam, the last track was quality :lol:

slimboy
10-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Eat Static @ atomic Jam Que club
Luke Slater also @ atomic Jam Que Club

Such a shame that pplace has closed down so many blurred memories there

Eat Static were ace at the Jam. That drum & bass tune they played almost took the roof off the place.

Personal fav set was also at the Jam, Holy Ghost at the 5th birthday!

Bas Mooy
10-06-2004, 07:49 PM
...oh and ofcourse Basic Implant (Sven Dedek & Alex Bau), also doing a great live performance!!!

Francisco Scaramanga
10-06-2004, 08:37 PM
I reckon my fav was either Holy Ghost at the Jam (the one with the crazy stage show) or luke stater doing his live thing just after wireless was released.

Other ones that have definately rocked hard, Suburban Knight, Makaton, and I've also got to agree that hawtin on the dexfx909 tour was totally badass even if it wasn't properly live.

I almost forgot - The Advent. Saw them in 98 or something like that and they totally blew my mind.

g
10-06-2004, 08:50 PM
I almost forgot - The Advent. Saw them in 98 or something like that and they totally blew my mind.
back when people would see them and ask, "who's the dancer?" :eh:

Analbumcover
10-06-2004, 09:10 PM
Luke Slater about 5 years ago
A&E Dept many moons ago
Michael Forshaw right now

Oh and underworld are pretty ok when they stop playing the crappy songs and concentrate on banging out some techno...

Saw Eat Static on tuesday and they were in full on "press play on the dat recorder" mode unfortunately... Got to the point where they even stopped pretending to be doing something...

romelpotter
11-06-2004, 01:01 AM
kraftwerk at tribal gathering '97 :lol: :lol:

AcidBastard
11-06-2004, 04:14 AM
Can you concider the FAB CD of D.A.V.E. the Drummer and DDR a LIVE PA? Cause both of those CD's totally blew my mind, and it helped convert a bunch of non-techno lovers into some hardcore fans ;)

Rog
11-06-2004, 08:36 AM
almost forgot propulsion and zen terrorrists!

Si the Sigh
11-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Can you concider the FAB CD of D.A.V.E. the Drummer and DDR a LIVE PA? Cause both of those CD's totally blew my mind, and it helped convert a bunch of non-techno lovers into some hardcore fans ;)

Word! Those 2 CD's are awesome! :clap:

davethedrummer
11-06-2004, 11:49 AM
it has to be plastikman for me
once at the fridge in 95/96??? for megadog.
and in the same year at glastonbury both times he played spastik
and all the other great tracks from that time plus old fuse tracks.
at the glastonbury gig i was tripping and oh my god!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love: :love:

Rog
11-06-2004, 12:16 PM
shit - how could i forget man with no name - and quiet man! :doh:

dcdn
11-06-2004, 12:37 PM
i downloaded relic's live pa, from globaltunes, shame for the sound quality but that was one of the best live performances i've ever heard!

Prosac
11-06-2004, 12:46 PM
Anyone heard Lectrolux livepa ?? It must have been amazing.......

gary_human
11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
kraftwerk at tribal gathering '97 :lol: :lol:

Yeah that was quite a spectacle - and hte tent was ***ing rammed!!

DAVE The Drummer back at Trancentral years ago with the purpley pink srobe @ Tyssen St.

Gardel rocked Technosis @ The Fridge - so did Audiotechture

and Geezer blew the crowd away at Kaos down at the counrty club with his 'version' of Bad Day at Black Frog Creek a few years ago again!

T
11-06-2004, 01:10 PM
Plastikman @ Megagdog 95

Ken Ishii was pretty good there as well

Only live thing I seen recently was Juston Berkovi @ System..pretty good....and Crystal Distortion @ The Dungeons...not bad either.

dJpZ
11-06-2004, 02:13 PM
Al Core & radium aka Micropoint in the woods in2000 :lol:

180mph
17-06-2004, 08:47 PM
had to be kektex live at some party in shoreditch(?!?) maybe... lawrie had just gotten the rig back and they fuggin banged it out... or else DDR in fusion, dublin. everyone else had gone to see dave clarke and there was only 20(ish) at ddr... so we took some acid.... :doh:

WebTurtle
19-06-2004, 11:16 AM
The best live PA was Punk Floyd, when I saw them at a strange little place in East Hartford, CT (USA). I couldn't stop dancing. Everytime I sat down to rest, they would build again and the music would take over my body...it just jumped up and started dancing again. My mind was seriously detached, and I was totally sober.

The second best live PA was Lab-4 in Tokyo at the end of last year, when they did a second full set in the morning afterhours party -- lots of the classics (witch, machine, candyman, reformation).

And maybe the third best live PA was Geezer's set in Tokyo a couple months ago at the Torture Garden 3rd Anniversary party at Spiral. He was absolutely on fire, the best I've seen him in a long time. And it rates 3rd place despite the fact that some drunk girl killed the set halfway through by jumping up on stage and knocking out several connections. Yes, it was that good.

I've seen Henry spin out a bunch of times, but never heard a live PA by him. I'm told their wicked, though, and am super jealous. I want to hear one!

groover'z
20-06-2004, 02:46 AM
Hey Henry, I wanna hear your live again here @ SPGroove in September!!!

GAMMA303
22-06-2004, 02:44 PM

MY GOD!

i only have the DAVE the Drummer one but can i say that it is a life changing CD! Holly cow. i also know several peeps who have been converted on this CD aswell! Really just amazing...

as in live sets that i have seen DDR is great, got to see DDR vs ANT about a year and a half ago where they tore the roof off of the place. Praxis can really drop a wicked live PA as well.

but hands down the best live PA i have ever seen is Chemical Brothers in April of 02. just gettin off a 2 year break they dropped it like i have never seen before there show was huge! right in the middle of their set all the lights turned off all the music dropped to this one wicked acid noise and they sat there just tuning it for what seemed like 2 minutes or so. i really thought that the more mainstream crowd was going to flea but they didn't and then opened it into Sunshine Underground. :shock: Never seen a show like it. Just amazing.

Si the Sigh
22-06-2004, 02:50 PM
The 2nd track on that D.A.V.E the Drummer CD (after the Hydraulix 2 reworking) is awesome! :clap:

I love the 'frying pan to the head' sound & that lush baseline!

Why oh why isn't that tune available on vinyl... :cry:

greasyfastspeed
22-06-2004, 03:16 PM
u-ziq : monstrous basses, beautiful melodies, stinkin drums and ****in mega fun

278d7e64a374de26f==