PDA

View Full Version : LivePA excerpt Part Deux

xfive
09-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,
I'm lookin for a little feedback as far as the ideas in this latest excerpt from a different part of the set.
Not even sure how to classify the first part of it.. little more melodic I guess... but give it a listen and tell me whatcha think.
Once things are hooked up in the studio again proper arrangements will be made to all, so don't really worry about that part of it, more looking for opinions of the individual pieces.

Thanks!

http://www.iterativemusic.com/~chris/music/ct-live_pa-outtake1.mp3

Evil G
10-06-2004, 03:07 AM
i liked some of the atmospheric sounds in the first half, but the bassline needs some eq to prevent it from masking the kick drum.

i liked the second part a lot more. the percussive sounds that came in about half way through were nice. reminded me a little bit of plastikman "minus orange". i think the second part has potential if you build on the percussive elements.

the change between the first and second halves was pretty drastic. was this a bridge from one track to the next, or a track by itself? there's always a comprimise with change, isn't there? not enough and people complain that it's boring, too much and they complain that it lacks coherence. just right, they dance.

cheers

xfive
10-06-2004, 08:36 AM
Oh yes I'm sorry I should have mentioned that the excerpt was basically two shorter tracks transitioning from one to the next (if you want to call it that haha)
The studio versions will be seperate. And yeah... I agree I do like the second half more..
Thanks for the comments :)

dan the acid man
10-06-2004, 06:57 PM
i love the synthin the first tune, it sit's really well, as the earlier post said the second tune's percussion sound's alot better in the mix, overall both tune's sounded great, make sure you post them when you've got them finished in the studio

xfive
11-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks for the comments Dan, I will most definetly post the studio versions :)

278d7e64a374de26f==