PDA

View Full Version : Darkside 11th June

Stella Boy
09-06-2004, 10:30 PM
So who's up for a bit of the Birmingham 3 then ??? :rambo:

I've been looking forward to this night for a while and thought it'd be nice to see some of you guys in the flesh, have a few beers and allow our ears to be totally savaged. :cool:

Tiptoe
10-06-2004, 02:48 PM
oh yes can't wait. Cd's of my good self for everyone who wants one :rambo:

Col
10-06-2004, 06:52 PM
im going. not got a ticket though. :doh:

how are the ticket sales going on this one tony?

Stella Boy
10-06-2004, 07:23 PM
It's looking good but ask me again at 1am on Friday :lol:

Stella Boy
10-06-2004, 08:41 PM
set times for those interested...

10pm tony adamson
12am regis female surgeon
4.30 richy smith

bar
10pm paul sellers
12am carl taylor
2am dust crew

yorkie
11-06-2004, 12:48 PM
cannot actually wait for this 1!!!!

saw surgeon for the first and only time last year at teckfresh in leeds.

one of the best night i have ever been to

loving what he is doin with ableton!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:

plincit
11-06-2004, 04:50 PM

you'll be ok Col.
got tons on the paying guest list so it's looking busy but it's too big to sellout so don't worry.

Col
11-06-2004, 07:38 PM

you'll be ok Col.
got tons on the paying guest list so it's looking busy but it's too big to sellout so don't worry.

nice. i should be there pretty early anyway.

how you doing paul? i heard u were a little ill last week.

Tiptoe
11-06-2004, 07:57 PM
col get paul to show you who i am man won't you. Still not met you yet. I want to pick ya brain about getting into production mate.

The Divide
11-06-2004, 08:16 PM
Ill be there :) Cant ****in wait too

The Divide
11-06-2004, 08:22 PM
Tiptoe, coll says you want a copy of cubase. I can burn you some usefull bits and bats off if you like? I will take a disk with me

I dont know what you look like tho so look out some someone with a t shirt saying 'player' on the front :lol:

Tiptoe
11-06-2004, 08:39 PM
nice one cheers. Will ask paul to point you out for me mate. Cheers and see you there

The Divide
11-06-2004, 08:50 PM
No worries

Stella Boy
12-06-2004, 12:12 PM
:evil: :twisted: :wicked: :dance: :mashed:

WHAT AN ABSOLUTE STORMING NITE. THE BIRMINGHAM 3 CAME ON AND TOTALLY RIPPED IT UP WITH ALL 3 SEEMINGLY JUST DROPPING TUNES IN LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE FOR 4 HOURS. YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHO WAS PLAYING WHEN AS THEY WERE ALL DROPPING BITS HERE AND THERE SO TO SAY ONE WAS BETTER THAN THE OTHER IS IMPOSSIBLE, ALTHOUGH I WAS REALLY QUITE IMPRESSED BY FEMALE.

SUPERB SET FROM 3 VERY APPROACHABLE AND FRIENDLY GUYS.

IT WAS ALSO NICE TO CATCH UP WITH SOME OF YOU, TIPTOE, DIVIDE, AMPASSASSIN, JAY LOCKED. :cool:

The Divide
12-06-2004, 12:52 PM
That was one of the best nights I have been to. The music was amazing
!! A really uplifting night. Every ****ing tune built up and broke into a different level of emotion/feeling. Had me climbing the walls half the night :mashed: :crackup: :crackup: Really enjoyed Tony Adamson's set too hehe

It was great to names to some of the faces. Det fella + yorkie = definitely up for a meetup to check out your granular synthesizer again :lol: :lol: (8 bit - get in there. hahaha)!!! Big thanks to coll for helping me find my sanity too (hope you got home alright, I ended up on a right mission) :lol:

Sam_Horam
12-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Well I was gonna go but I have a really shit excuse...

Despite having been there many times I couldn't find the Warehouse!!! :lol:

I went out with work for a drink about 5 o'clock and got absolutely hammered. Then I decided at about 11 I was gonna go down to Darkside. So I set off from the Scarborough Taps in town and I can't really remember much of the journey but I tried to take what I thought was a shortcut through some yard at the back of an office and got very lost.

I have a vague recollection of climbing on top of a roof of a building and ending up in an underground car park somewhere, and looking for somewhere to sleep cos I couldn't be bothered walking anymore!

So f**k knows what happened to me but I woke up in my house this morning so I must have got back ok...

Sounds like I missed a good one, glad you all enjoyed it.

The Divide
12-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Well I was gonna go but I have a really shit excuse...

Despite having been there many times I couldn't find the Warehouse!!! :lol:

I went out with work for a drink about 5 o'clock and got absolutely hammered. Then I decided at about 11 I was gonna go down to Darkside. So I set off from the Scarborough Taps in town and I can't really remember much of the journey but I tried to take what I thought was a shortcut through some yard at the back of an office and got very lost.

I have a vague recollection of climbing on top of a roof of a building and ending up in an underground car park somewhere, and looking for somewhere to sleep cos I couldn't be bothered walking anymore!

So f**k knows what happened to me but I woke up in my house this morning so I must have got back ok...

Sounds like I missed a good one, glad you all enjoyed it.

hahahaha, that reminds me when I was waiting for a taxi outside the queens hotel. Some bloke was walking along and he looked like something off shaun of the dead!!! Seriously he looked like a really zombie, walking like one with his arms out and and his eyes almost shut. Could have been you?!?!! :lol:

Sam_Horam
12-06-2004, 03:08 PM
May well have been me!! :lol:

Stella Boy
12-06-2004, 03:49 PM
That was one of the best nights I have been to. The music was amazing
!! A really uplifting night. Every **** tune built up and broke into a different level of emotion/feeling. Had me climbing the walls half the night :mashed: :crackup: :crackup: Really enjoyed Tony Adamson's set too hehe

:lol: - Looks like I owe you a pint then. I couldn't have asked for more really, with the 2 trax by someone called Fernando :neutral: really causing havoc on the floor, even getting a nice comment from Regis.

What I do know from last night is that I went out with £40 and came home with £30, 3 spliffs and 7 pills :shock: . Looks like tonite may be more of the same then. :crackup:

plincit
12-06-2004, 04:04 PM
What I do know from last night is that I went out with £40 and came home with £30, 3 spliffs and 7 pills :shock: . Looks like tonite may be more of the same then. :crackup:

that's cos i bought you a few pints, you bought me naff all as usual, borrowed a tenner then went home!

Stella Boy
12-06-2004, 04:09 PM

that's cos i bought you a pint, you bought me 3 pints, borrowed a fiver then went home at 3.30!

Where's my appearance fee then tight arse ?? :roll:

The Divide
12-06-2004, 04:20 PM
hahahahahahaaha ey, ey calm down calm down

:lol:

Stella Boy
12-06-2004, 04:32 PM
hahahahahahaaha ey, ey calm down calm down

Only messin with Paulyatchi, he knows I could never accept money off him for playing, just longer sets ;)

plincit
12-06-2004, 04:35 PM
[
Where's my appearance fee then tight arse ?? :roll:

hark at the superstar dj.

did you leave early last night :pale: ?
pussy.

yorkie
12-06-2004, 04:36 PM
agreed!

totally ace night good to meet up wiv some of the blackout boys!!

:clap: :clap:

plincit
12-06-2004, 04:37 PM
[ he knows I could never accept money off him for playing, just longer sets ;)

i'll gladly accept that £10 back next week, ta.

:wicked:

Stella Boy
12-06-2004, 04:51 PM
[ he knows I could never accept money off him for playing, just longer sets ;)

i'll gladly accept that £10 back next week, ta.

:wicked:

HAHA !!! - Just think of it as travelling expenses :wicked: X2

plincit
12-06-2004, 04:54 PM
[quote="HAHA !!! - Just think of it as travelling expenses :wicked: X2

nun's crack springs to mind.

Stella Boy
12-06-2004, 05:17 PM
my face looks like a nun's crack.

Superstar DJ ?? :roll: Get a grip, don't insult me. :nono:

ampassasinbirmingham
12-06-2004, 06:34 PM
MY brain hurts from all that superb techno. Female was da shnizzle. Surge and regis canned it as usual. Excellent night.

good to see loadsa people from the board there.

The Divide
12-06-2004, 06:56 PM
:shock: I didnt know you was there? :lol:

Sam_Horam
12-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Surge and regis canned it as usual.

Baked beans or sweetcorn?

Col
12-06-2004, 11:18 PM
my head was savaged last night, surgeon/regis/female layed down some real evil, twisted, relentless shit. although i was sat down for the last couple of hours, i managed to stay there until 5 (which is unusual for me)

on leaving i walked a couple from birmingham to the train station before being approached by a lady with only one leg on crutches. she asked for a cigarette so i obliged. she asked for change, i declined. she then threw a few questions towards me regarding my whereabouts during the night, which resulted in me telling her that there were not so many people left at the night i had just departed. "oh im never going to get any business at this rate" she said. "how about you love, do you want a bit of business?" "a nice petite blowjob" *in the most sleazy leeds accent ever imagined* "no" i replied before quickly dashing off, to the bus stop. having waited 20 mins or so, a taxi driver pulled up and asked me where i was going, i told him i didnt want a taxi, as the bus was due in a few mins time. "no" he said "no charge" so in i jumped, despite thinking what the fu*k is going on here? i posed the question "are u sure this is a free ride?" several times before coming to the conclusion that i was going home in a free taxi or the cunt was going to pull a knife out on me, and demand a fare.

anyway, it turned out it was a free taxi. the guy was on his way home, and the area i lived in wasnt too far out of the way.

i got home gave my girlfriend what for, fell asleep, and woke up at 1.00pm still hearing surgeon and co ringing in my ears.

a crazy end to a crazy night.

sorry, i wasnt so talkative last night fern, my head was in pieces.

also nice to catch up up with tiptoe, paul, and tony (i shook your hand, introduced myself, and you smiled, and didnt reply! i dont think u heard me, but i couldnt be arsed intoducing myself again, due to severe tiredness and a messy state of mind.

until next time...

The Divide
12-06-2004, 11:56 PM
sorry, i wasnt so talkative last night fern, my head was in pieces.

At least you made sense, unlike me :lol:

Stella Boy
13-06-2004, 12:13 AM
also nice to catch up up with tiptoe, paul, and tony (i shook your hand, introduced myself, and you smiled, and didnt reply! i dont think u heard me, but i couldnt be arsed intoducing myself again, due to severe tiredness and a messy state of mind.

until next time...

Please accept my sincere aplogies. Nothing personal, just a case of too much self indulgence and lack of hearing. :doh: :oops:

yorkie
13-06-2004, 04:26 AM
fernando was savaged....!!!

those mushrooms do u no good!!! :nono:

The Divide
13-06-2004, 12:43 PM
fernando was savaged....!!!

those mushrooms do u no good!!! :nono:

Hahahahaha yea sorry about that :doh: :lol:

Col
13-06-2004, 02:00 PM

until next time...

Please accept my sincere aplogies. Nothing personal, just a case of too much self indulgence and lack of hearing. :doh: :oops:

no worries tone, maybe next time mate.

Tiptoe
14-06-2004, 01:20 AM
yeah good to meet up with you guys. Tony you lightweight you were ****ed out of your head when i saw you slying off :shock:
Nice meeting everybody. I couldn't stop banging it out all night. Best night i have had since the orbit shut without a doubt.
Nice meeting you at last col. Fernando/the divide thanks for the cd mate but i feel kije a right cunt cos i ****in lost it ****ed out of my head. I hope you don't think i am a cheeky bastard but if you are going to the next one can you bring me another. Sorry mate. Feel a right knob.
Anyway beer is well kickin in ****in england. Joint is going down too quickly. See you in a bit guys

The Divide
14-06-2004, 01:27 AM
yeah good to meet up with you guys. Tony you lightweight you were **** out of your head when i saw you slying off :shock:
Nice meeting everybody. I couldn't stop banging it out all night. Best night i have had since the orbit shut without a doubt.
Nice meeting you at last col. Fernando/the divide thanks for the cd mate but i feel kije a right cunt cos i **** lost it **** out of my head. I hope you don't think i am a cheeky bastard but if you are going to the next one can you bring me another. Sorry mate. Feel a right knob.
Anyway beer is well kickin in **** england. Joint is going down too quickly. See you in a bit guys

hahahaha dont worry about it

Stella Boy
14-06-2004, 08:06 AM
yeah good to meet up with you guys. Tony you lightweight you were **** out of your head when i saw you slying off :shock:

haha :lol: . Pot and kettle springs to mind. :lol:

Tiptoe
14-06-2004, 12:07 PM

278d7e64a374de26f==