PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer EFX 500 ?

Patrick
10-03-2003, 09:16 PM
I want to add an external effects unit to my Pioneer DJM 500. The Pioneer EFX 500 seems like an obvious choice, but I can't see any mention of filters on it and I would like to get a decent filter.
Have any of you guys used it and what do you reckon to it ? Do you know of any other units that might suit ? What's out there, what would you recommend ? I've had a play on the Korg Kaos pad and it seems a bit gimmicky to me.

JACKSTAR
21-03-2003, 03:02 AM
Kaoss Pad 2 is the one to get but why do you need so many efx for your dex ? When DJ's over use the efx in a club it totally ruines the set in my mind. I would'nt bother getting anything else unless you have a studio or do a live set then get the KP2.

P.

Patrick
21-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Cheers for the reply Jackstar. I was feeling a bit ignored for a while there. :wink:
I've had another look at the KP2 now and I'm leaning towards that at the mo.
Totally agree with you about the over use of EFX. Does my nut when people get carried away, but used with subtlety at the right time it can still be very effective imho. If only I had a quid for every time I've heard a novice DJM500 user overcook the flanger......
But I do also want it to try and incorporate it with some live freakery and with some studio stuff as well, which I probably should have stated in the original post. Also the DJM500 doesn't have a filter and ever since playing about on an Allen and Heath, I want one. And in answer to the next obvious question, I can't afford an Allen and Heath at the moment. :(

278d7e64a374de26f==