PDA

View Full Version : Another project...

The Divide
11-06-2004, 03:39 PM
New track, not finished yet. I have to give a bit of credit to my mate who makes gothic/rock music for the midi part for the bass riff in this. Seems to work well. was going to add some of his vocals but I cant seem to get them to work just yet.

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/3012MA.mp3

Evil G
11-06-2004, 04:46 PM
i like the 80's dark industrial sounds and bassline a lot. the synth pop sounds were maybe too forward in the mix, but that could just be a matter of taste.

that is some killer distortion, throughout. what are you using to do that? a wavewrapper? it sounded really dynamic.

looking forward to the final version.

cheers

xfive
11-06-2004, 05:59 PM
I think you should call this one 'Ear Grater' :lol:

Seriously though, I dig this. It took me to a different place than I expected in the beginning.
I'd like to listen to it on the monitors at home to see how it sounds.
Post the final one ;)

The Divide
11-06-2004, 08:59 PM
Bit crushing, automated. The Vst one. Thats combined with a filter and distortion all automated all over the place. I too felt it was getting a bit loud at places but I dunno, mite turn it down a smidge, used to turn my main sounds down too much. Coming back to this now I have noticed that synth at the start doesnt seem to fit the feeling of the track. I will have to find something else to fill it up at the start, tis a bit empty sounding at that point. Still needs a lot of work

I think you should call this one 'Ear Grater'

:lol:

professor
15-06-2004, 02:59 PM
very nice. love all the crazy sounds...
not your normal everyday drumy techno - very nice indeed!

The Divide
15-06-2004, 10:23 PM
The final mix apart from the edits...

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/3019FMA.mp3

Cheers

The Divide
16-06-2004, 01:26 PM
Oh i have come back to this today and it sounds shitty, some of the elements are dull. It’s not really pleasing me anymore. I am going to abandon it for now and move on :lol: :doh:

dan the acid man
16-06-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh i have come back to this today and it sounds shitty, some of the elements are dull. It’s not really pleasing me anymore. I am going to abandon it for now and move on :lol: :doh:

i'll have a listen when you come back to it then :lol:

278d7e64a374de26f==