PDA

View Full Version : record shops in USA

MrAcid
12-06-2004, 07:02 AM
hey mates

i'm going to USA in a couple of days , anybody knows some recordshops there???

thanx

Dustin Zahn
12-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Where are you going in particular? USA is quite large. :)

MrAcid
12-06-2004, 07:11 AM
i'm going to california and maybe NY and washington...

Dustin Zahn
12-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Well...in NYC definetely try Vinyl Market and Sonic Groove. For California and Washington...it's quite possible you may be out of luck for good techno.

Ian
12-06-2004, 07:33 AM
yeah, in seattle there is platinum records...

years ago when i was there they had a decent selection of techno. but i can't promise they still do.

Malfunction
12-06-2004, 08:56 AM
As for Cali - check out Amoeba records. There's one in Hollywood and a couple in the San Francisco area. They usually have plenty of used techno records in good condition for $2-$3 each.

ROD
12-06-2004, 12:57 PM
As for Cali - check out Amoeba records. There's one in Hollywood and a couple in the San Francisco area. They usually have plenty of used techno records in good condition for $2-$3 each.

yeah man when i was there i bought some cds overthere...is in san francisco right......is really big that shop they have some website.
cheers ROD

g
12-06-2004, 08:26 PM
that's the one. they have several locations.
This Is Music and Vinyl Fetish in LA are both also options, albeit small.

MrAcid
12-06-2004, 08:45 PM
hey guys....if you can post infos about the shops...website or something like that....

i'm gonna try the sites on google

thanx

Malfunction
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Here's the site for Ameoba http://www.amoebarecords.com

I've only been to the one in LA and it's enormous. I usually spend no less than two hours in there until my friends get agitated and drag me out, and I still feel like I'm missing about half of the store. If you're going to that one Vinyl Fetish is just one block north.

The Overfiend
12-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Well...in NYC definetely try Vinyl Market and Sonic Groove. For California and Washington...it's quite possible you may be out of luck for good techno.

When you go to vinyl market ask for Kazu, good peoples
And while at Sonic look for Dan Physics, vey knowledgeble cat, but make sure you get the right location they just moved recently.

mek
13-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Cali is pretty weak for techno in record shops.. the only place that is very good in Northern Cali is Solid Grooves in San Jose (near San Francisco)

AcidBastard
13-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Dr. Free Clouds is "alright", they had quite a few acid techno labels last time I checked their store out... Although I kinda forget where they're located, I'm guessing Aniheim(sp?). :doh:

technoticau
14-06-2004, 03:50 PM
Yeah, Yoshitoshi in Washington DC used to carry limited Techno, but then they closed shop months ago. So closest shop is in Philly :( , bastards.....

xfive
14-06-2004, 04:08 PM
We get a nice techno selection here in Richmond..
Come over to Turnstyle if you're ever 'round these parts :)

http://www.turnstylesoundsystem.com

technoticau
14-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Oh yeah I've heard about you guys on the Buzzboard. How did the "Free In The Streets Of Richmond" with Zentz go?

xfive
14-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Ahh that was a blast to play at. Luckily the rain stopped right as I was setting up my gear under the tent, and it didn't start back up until about 15 minutes after Bryan's set.
A pretty decent number of people showed up too :)
Having techno blaring LOUD in the middle of the city streets was definetly a cool thing as far as Richmond goes.. we are gaining more leverage to do large electronic events with no hassles, as the whole raver/druggie association has been slowly diminishing.

2 The Beat
15-06-2004, 02:17 AM
If you happen to be in the Western New York area and have time to head up to Toronto, you are welcome to check out my shop. www.2thebeat.com

Ask for me and I will take care of you

Bobby Thrust

tekku7181
15-06-2004, 02:40 AM
Dustin is right on the mark...

i just picked up some new quality hard techno from sonic groove 2day,,,i was pleasantly suprised to find a lot of new releases...

they have a great selection of techno and the more obscure and unknown tracks and their site also just got listening stations which rocks plus everyone there is very informed and helpful

vinyl market also will have a lot of straight hard techno and acid techno and is a must hit in nyc and its always an entertaining trip :lol:

The Overfiend
15-06-2004, 03:25 AM
Dustin is right on the mark...

i just picked up some new quality hard techno from sonic groove 2day,,,i was pleasantly suprised to find a lot of new releases...

they have a great selection of techno and the more obscure and unknown tracks and their site also just got listening stations which rocks plus everyone there is very informed and helpful

vinyl market also will have a lot of straight hard techno and acid techno and is a must hit in nyc and its always an entertaining trip :lol:

You spinnin around anytime soon bro?

278d7e64a374de26f==