PDA

View Full Version : Scott Gray - Red-star

eyes without a face
13-06-2004, 08:23 PM
hey peeps

got another new track just uploading, the first 3 mins of it. It's a funky number with a subtle toughness

www.scottgray.btinternet.co.uk/Scott_Gray_Red-star.mp3

needs a few tweaks here and there, but this is the basis of the track, so have a listen and let me know

cheers

scotty

eyes without a face
14-06-2004, 04:32 PM
anyone? ;)

xfive
14-06-2004, 04:49 PM
The kick seems a bit loud to me personally... It's nice n punchy but kinda drowns other elements out.
No bass in here yet? Or is it just my headphones? :)
I'd say maybe a little delay on the percussion will give it some extra grooviness too.
I like the elements though.. the vocal snippet (if that's what it is) is cool.
Post up the modified one ;)

ampassasinbirmingham
14-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Very clean clean kick. Very slick. I like it scotty. Kinda reminds me of echoplex with a dave clarke kick ;)

eyes without a face
14-06-2004, 06:55 PM
haha wikid nice one guys

finished version up soon, got some support for this one already aswell!

dirty_bass
16-06-2004, 03:29 AM
kickin as allways dude.
The kick is a little too upfront, and isn`t at equal level with the hats, so the top end doesn`t balance too well with the bottom.
More sub as well dude, it needs some rumble.

Other than that, funky as fukkk

dan the acid man
16-06-2004, 09:55 PM
i like this one, it's got a lovely lead synth that's pretty catchy and sit's really well, i love the sustained synth that come's in later, but i agree with everybody else, the kick is a little overpowering

Mika Silo
17-06-2004, 07:22 PM
This sounds very good :) Nice groove and I like the synths you used a lot :clap:

eyes without a face
17-06-2004, 09:36 PM
thanks again chaps, can always rely on u boys for a bit of ego boosting hahaha ;)

got a few people asking for finished versions to play out already so il have this finished by the end of the weekend along with a few other bits im doing

cheers

278d7e64a374de26f==