PDA

View Full Version : Deck Repairs

Jutt
14-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Whils I have a continous probelm with me tone arm making the needle jump, and not being able to get the screw in right, I've decided I want to get the professionals involved.

Is there anyone that specalises in reparing decks?

DJ SPUDIE
14-06-2004, 09:56 AM
There's some ramdom bloke down here that I got to repair mine, but I spose you would have to go in to a Technic's Centre of some where like that ;)

techno_smack
14-06-2004, 10:14 AM
Im not a proffesional, but i have got a good understanding of technics turntables.

Is it the screws that hold the tonearm in that r causing the problem? Have they come loose?

if so u need to unscrew them. Then screw in the smaller one until it supports the tonearm securely, not too tight as this will mess it up even more. Once the tonearm is held in right screw in the outer screws to lock it all together.

This should completely stop the problem.

Also if anyone is interested i can remove the center click from the pitch faders on technics mk2's and also make the the pitch continuous from -8 to + 8% so it doesnt automatically go to zero when the fader is in the centre. This makes mixing tunes around this area on the fader loads more easy.

cheers

Jutt
14-06-2004, 10:14 AM
As theyre Geminis, would the technics centre still fix 'em? ;)

Jutt
14-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Im not a proffesional, but i have got a good understanding of technics turntables.

Is it the screws that hold the tonearm in that r causing the problem? Have they come loose?

if so u need to unscrew them. Then screw in the smaller one until it supports the tonearm securely, not too tight as this will mess it up even more. Once the tonearm is held in right screw in the outer screws to lock it all together.

This should completely stop the problem.

Also if anyone is interested i can remove the center click from the pitch faders on technics mk2's and also make the the pitch continuous from -8 to + 8% so it doesnt automatically go to zero when the fader is in the centre. This makes mixing tunes around this area on the fader loads more easy.

cheers

Cheers for ya advice m8 :clap:

I did try screw em back in as it cam compltely loose a while ago but for some reason it didnt want to go in :cry:

DJ SPUDIE
14-06-2004, 01:52 PM

Dunno actully its worth a bash, give um a ring.
I know that Technics have now sold there name to panasonic so it might be a panisonic centre to look out for ;)

Jutt
14-06-2004, 02:33 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh I'll give it a whirl cheers dude ;)

DJ Corbzy
15-06-2004, 12:39 AM

I know that Technics have now sold there name to panasonic so it might be a panisonic centre to look out for ;)

Mate, Technics have always been owned by Panasonic....

Yoshimitsu
15-06-2004, 11:31 AM

Mate, Technics have always been owned by Panasonic....

Yeh but apparantly now they're ditching the technics name altogether :eh:

nawface
29-06-2004, 10:00 PM
if your near to weymouth I know a really good place that have just fixed my technics. If you want to know more reply to this thread and i'll dig out the phone no. That goes for anyone else eith deck trouble in the south west

Jutt
30-06-2004, 05:41 PM
I'm in Brighton m8 about a 2-3 journey away could always send it I guess :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==