PDA

View Full Version : A few ideas...which ones are cool and which suck?

DJVirulent
14-06-2004, 12:02 PM
So I've been messing with VSTs a lot lately with varied effects, and besides some tech-house tunes which are already going to labels upon completion i've started a number of other tracks which are harder or just different. Some are more fleshed-out than others, some aren't. I'd like an idea of which ones I should work on and which ones I should just dump.

Synthy thing (http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~farabaug/idea1.mp3)
Drummy thing (http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~farabaug/idea2.mp3)
Hard orchestral thing (http://expert.cc.purdue.edu/~farabaug/idea3.mp3)

xfive
14-06-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm not too keen on the first one... but if the other two are done up proper arrangement wise they could be quite cool :)

professor
14-06-2004, 09:08 PM
the first is good, could be very good, but you've first gotta TAKE OUT THAT NASTY CLAP. ok sorry for the screaming, but I thought the rest sounded like it had a lot of potential.

professor
14-06-2004, 09:11 PM
rest of #1 that is...
#3 the groove sounded run of the mill, although the synths were nice.
#2 is ok, but too boom-chakety, boom-chakety. nice bass line

DJVirulent
15-06-2004, 02:54 AM
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I was messing around with some plugins on the clap on the first one, which is why it sounds odd. I'll definitely replace it now! As for the other two, I plan on adding more textures and whatnot if I decide to finish them so it's not all just drumsdrumsdrums. I've heard from a few people the bassline on #2 is way too loud, and my personal opinion is the pad hits too often.

Dustin Zahn
15-06-2004, 03:36 AM
#1 - I dig the synth a lot. Could use a rougher/tougher old school planet rhythm styled beat.

#2 - I think it sounds fine, just keep working on it.

#3 - The pad alone would make a dope ambient track or DJ tool. Maybe try and make the drums slightly more industrial with a downwards/ruskin feel to give it that darker industrial edge. Regardless all clips have something good to 'em.

dirty_bass
16-06-2004, 03:33 AM
Idea 1. Nice and clean and crisp. Maybe a little more percussion in the mid range but pretty cool anyway.

Idea 2. Oh yes please matron. I`m lovin this already. Nice finish it and post it. Please :clap:

Idea3. Oi! Goth!!! get the black lipstick out!!!! I like a lot too. Nice metallic perucssion, very moody.

Spot on mate, I would love to here these developed.

quality, crisp production.

dan the acid man
16-06-2004, 10:14 PM
1, i agree with dirty bass on this one, it just need's some mid range in there, i actually like the clap by the way

2, i couldnt play this, it keep's coming up with network error's

3, this is my favourite, it's got a really funky groove in there, it's got a slight dirty bass feel to it this track :cool:

Mika Silo
17-06-2004, 06:41 PM
#1: I like the synth a lot! I would like to hear a different clap though..
#2: Nice sounds in this one! Percussion is very nice too..
#3: Nice sounds used again :) I like the groove a lot too..

I like all 3 of em a lot, but if I had to choose it would be #2 :)
Very nice work mate! :clap:

dan the acid man
17-06-2004, 09:03 PM
iv'e managed to listen to the 2nd idea now, it's great, this really need's to be developed

Rog
18-06-2004, 02:10 PM
no 1 - i liked this mate, a snappier percussion loop, imo would add a bit more - good sh*t though! :clap:

no 2 - thats sounding class - but I'd remove that rising type noise, is that the pad? dooooh!!! thats all cool, good stuff! :clap:

no 3 - did'nt do anything for me dude :crackup:

All in All - very cool! :clap:

Col
19-06-2004, 12:29 AM
1. i like the groove, bassline bubbles away nicely. personally id remove some higher freq from that synth (but thats where i always go wrong) like already mentioned, change that clap. potential is there though.

2. drums are exellent, i like the energy. im not too keen on the "steam train like atmospherics" though, i think it adds a cheesy element to what could be a potentially great track.

3. im not too keen on the vocal at the intro, im getting a hard trance vibe from it. but when it comes in i like it. the dark, even "french like" vibe im getting from the pad/strings is good. again drums were spot on.

keep working on all 3 tracks id say, all 3 have potential.

The Divide
19-06-2004, 03:50 AM
I love the 3rd track, i think you should take the vocal out tho imo and work on the drum sounds/rhythms to give them more identity

DJVirulent
22-06-2004, 12:00 AM
Hehe, well I've been gone all weekend but I'm gonna sit down and work on #2 for sure. As far as the 3rd one I'm probably gonna rebuild it with a different groove and whatnot. Dustin wanted to jump in and work on the first one with me, so it should be interesting to see what he comes up with. :)

steelgrooves
22-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Dude all those sound good to me.Would like to hear em when finished!

twizted
23-06-2004, 06:17 PM
I like them all but im not sure about the vocal in the 3rd one. I like #2 the most and it definately has potential.

I feel some people are over critical at times. i like 2 just the way it is perhaps a bit of tweeking here and there, im looking forward to hearing it when its finished.

278d7e64a374de26f==