PDA

View Full Version : Audion (Matthew Dear) - Kisses - Spectral

Dustin Zahn
16-06-2004, 12:51 AM
This record is the shit. Really raw post-rave type acid stuff. I don't know how crowds react to this in Europe but here in Minneapolis this is how we do. The outside track and flip side are definetely worth the money.

technoticau
16-06-2004, 01:30 AM
I think I've been looking for that track. Is there a sample anywhere by any chance?

sash
16-06-2004, 01:33 AM
yeah dude Matthew Dear is fark;'n cooool. what di u call that style o music? glitch tek house? there's that genre's thing happenin again :doh:

Dustin Zahn
16-06-2004, 01:47 AM
I'm sure there are some various sites with audio out there somewhere. This record isn't even really minimal or click housey though. it's just plain ravey, but I dig it.

technoticau
16-06-2004, 01:50 AM
yeah I've checked several places, still no luck.... :cry:

Dustin Zahn
16-06-2004, 01:59 AM
http://www.juno.co.uk/IP/IF148227-01.htm

Google search it next time. :)

technoticau
16-06-2004, 02:01 AM
juno was the first place I checked.....
I guess I've searched the techno section
thx ;)

Traxx
16-06-2004, 12:45 PM
there's a nice matthew dear mix on the t-funkshun web-site.....they had him over to play last bank holiday monday he was pretty good by al reports......anyways there's a Terrence Parker mix on there & tho its not techno i'd advise you to download it just to listen to the skills he's got...mixing tunes with no beats in perfecctley whilst scratchin all the way through.....i went to see him on friday even tho he was playing house (which i hate) just to see him live....ive now got a bald spot from scratching my head at what he was doin on the decks for 2 hrs....best dj on the decks that your likely 2c skill wise + he mixes with a big telephone instead of headphones.....he's a fukin don.... anyone else seen him live?

http://www.tfunkshun.com/media/media.php

Dustin Zahn
16-06-2004, 05:40 PM
I've seen him multiple times live and once DJ. He was solid every time. The Live performance was nothing to look at really but the music was on point the whole time.

jake
16-06-2004, 08:31 PM
lol tp got me laid

The Overfiend
16-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Sounds like Junior Sanchez
the bionic trax from 95.

g
16-06-2004, 10:08 PM
I've seen him multiple times live and once DJ. He was solid every time. The Live performance was nothing to look at really but the music was on point the whole time.
i know we've discussed this a million times but... who really cares what a live set looks like? watching a dj is only interesting for us because we know technically what he is or isn't doing. is more Stuff a better thing? like having an mpc and several other pieces is more interesting somehow than a laptop? then 2 laptops is even better...?

ok, sorry, i don't actually want to talk about that ~). yeah, Dear does a good job. that sink the ship stuff on minus recently also had some interesting work on it too.

speaking of minus, lots o stuff coming. i'm sure we'll all get sick of that Decompression track in no time, tho it's a farghin stormer. esp as a closer.

Dustin Zahn
16-06-2004, 10:11 PM
no you're absolutely right. I was just commenting that the live show wasn't impressive but I really don't care what it looks like and I still had a good time. The record he did on M_nus under False is indeed bad ass. It's getting tons of play over here. The upcoming M_nus with Matthew Johnson should be real big too.

sash
16-06-2004, 11:42 PM
+ he mixes with a big telephone instead of headphones.....

http://www.tfunkshun.com/media/media.php

Yeah the dude who i rent equipment from uses a telephone when he mixes as well.
He says it prevents goin deaf in one ear, as there is no build up of pressure in the ear drum that you would get from a good quality set of headphones. :roll:

278d7e64a374de26f==