PDA

View Full Version : Big Dark Tribal War Drums

dirty_bass
16-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Here is the first project I have done for my own label for a while, aside from the experimental stuff I`ve been fiddling with.

I guess this could be called tribal techno? cos it`s full of japanese taiko drums, and big kettle drums.
It`s at the layout stage at the mo, I`m gonna put a lot more automation and synth tweaks in there, but it`s another strange departure from me, so I would value opinions ;)

http://mysite.freeserve.com/dirty_bass_records/tunes/Into_the_Ether.mp3

Evil G
16-06-2004, 04:23 PM
this reminds me some of the stuff that was coming out on prime evil a while back. sort of that dubby tech-house meets tribal techno and tries not to be called progressive sound.

i like the slower, more serious feel. it's a nice relief from everyone (including me) trying to bang it all the time.

xfive
16-06-2004, 04:51 PM
Yah this is definetly on a dubby tech tip. Nice atmospherics... I like the different sounds that come out over the course of the track. Cool stuff ;)

dan the acid man
16-06-2004, 10:29 PM
the percussion arrangements are spot on, especially the higher pitched (or maybe you just took out all the lower frequency's) kettle drum or taiko drum. im loving the dark atmospheric feel also

Mika Silo
17-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I like Pale in the Flare Light, nice arrangement! But I especially like Desert Storm.. very nice groove! :) I'm definately going to buy it! Nice work mate! :clap:

Mika Silo
17-06-2004, 07:08 PM
:oops: Well at least it has the right author.. :D

This one isn't really my cup of thea.. solid production again though :D

278d7e64a374de26f==