PDA

View Full Version : fuzzy crackly crackly fuzzy

K Front
13-03-2003, 04:45 PM
right ive just recorded a mix through cool edit pro an its all fuzzy an shit, is this edit pro or something else?
if its just my computer or somthin, what can i use in edit pro to clear the sound up a bit?

Patrick
13-03-2003, 05:17 PM
When you say 'fuzzy', do you mean like it's overdriven and distorted ? Input gain levels too high maybe ?
And what paltform are you running it on. If memory serves me right, I always used to get that using it on NT, unless I turned the input level right down, but not on my win98 machine.
Sorted it out on NT by changing the sound card driver. I think I'd been using the one supplied by Microsoft, but when I downloaded the OEM driver it was fine.

K Front
13-03-2003, 05:21 PM
yeh it does sound overdriven, but ive put the input levels lower and still the same, i think i might just need a new sound card? not sure, im a bit thick when it comes to all the technical crap.

Patrick
13-03-2003, 08:11 PM
Does the soundcard sound alright when you use it in other programs ?
Cos if it does, it might well be the software drivers rather than your hardware. Like I said above, it only used to happen on my NT machine, and even then it was only in certain apps so you might just need an updated driver for the card.

K Front
14-03-2003, 09:58 AM
nice one patrick, i think ill find out about updating my driver

epidemic001
15-03-2003, 05:00 PM
When you play your recording back (or when you actually doing it) check the levels at the bottom of the screen, if they go to high there's 2 little red boxes at the right hand side that light up.

If its just a fuzzing sound then when youve done your mix go into effects & then noise reduction, an then I think there's one called hiss & fizz eliminator or something. Go into that an you can actually get rid of any background hissing but if you have to get rid of loads it may make your mix sound a little duller.

278d7e64a374de26f==