PDA

View Full Version : Cari Lekebusch

Scrawny
16-06-2004, 10:50 PM
I have always been a fan of his prouctions but have never seen him dj, got a set of his the other day from Decibel Outdoor '03 and I'm well disappointed, tis a bit boring and some of the mixing is ropey in places. I suppose not all producers make good djs, but even some of the tunes he was playing weren't that good, Has anyone ever seen him before, was decibel outdoor '03 just him having a bad day? Also does anyone know if he does a live pa at all??

sambo
17-06-2004, 08:49 AM
don't let those internet-sets fool you...

You don't know the circumstances... (crappy soundsystem and equipment or too much beers,...)

I for example have very nice internetset from cari lekebusch @ Fuktigt. Very thight mixes, no mistakes,...

I never saw him live so I really can't judge that.

But you are right whern you say that not all good producers make good dj's or the other way around.

But sometimes people becoume 'famous' with their productions and then they will be asked to do some dj-sets. Some producers will do that, eventhough they know that they are no good dj's (at least, they should know ;-) )

teknorich
17-06-2004, 09:12 AM
I downloaded the new Essential underground Mix Cd (dj-sets.com) and the Johannes Heil mix is awful. He doesn't actually mix anything, just lets one tune finish, and starts the next one, or does sudden chops between tracks. No beatmatching, no long mix through, nothing. Really poor. But then some of his production work is pretty sweet...

Louk
17-06-2004, 09:58 AM
his production skills are amazing !

Louk

Louk
17-06-2004, 09:59 AM
can someoen email me a copy of this set or give me a link or trade it over msn?

Cari's set that is

Louk

Sunil
17-06-2004, 10:51 AM
He played in The Kitchen in Dublin in 2001 Scrawny, and was wicked, his skills were spot on. Don't think he does a live PA, him and Beyer did bring a live show on the road for a few appearances but that's all I've really heard of.

MARKEG
17-06-2004, 12:15 PM
well we brought him over for a gig in liverpool about 5 yrs ago and i have to say, he seemed like a really nice bloke. chrissi and i really liked him alot. re: his mixing - when he is good, cari is really good. like you say, it's all down to eqiupment. love his productions too. vet dom som for att or something like that (a green covered doubled pack on hybrid i think????) i seem to remember being a big fave of mine - like a bell sound with the best ride sound i think i've ever heard in my life.

Sunil
17-06-2004, 12:34 PM
vet dom som for att or something like that (a green covered doubled pack on hybrid i think????) i seem to remember being a big fave of mine - like a bell sound with the best ride sound i think i've ever heard in my life.

That Green album is being re-issued as far as I know. Check http://www.lekebuschmusik.se for info, there's a lot of free downloads on it too I think.

Scrawny
17-06-2004, 01:50 PM
Yeah very true about the sound systems and the likes, I might reserve judgement until I see himself.

The Overfiend
17-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Cari can spin his ass off, and he is also cool as hell.
I interviewed him in Nyc and he was sound as a friggin pound, patient and by the end of the interview we were bullshitting about graffiti and gettin' up.
Great producer and great guy all around.

zaalmoetlos
17-06-2004, 02:47 PM
heard him 5 or 6 times now and all of these sets were very good. def one of my fav dj's

Adverse
17-06-2004, 04:22 PM
well we brought him over for a gig in liverpool about 5 yrs ago and i have to say, he seemed like a really nice bloke. chrissi and i really liked him alot. re: his mixing - when he is good, cari is really good. like you say, it's all down to eqiupment. love his productions too. vet dom som for att or something like that (a green covered doubled pack on hybrid i think????) i seem to remember being a big fave of mine - like a bell sound with the best ride sound i think i've ever heard in my life.

that album is pure class.

Spark
17-06-2004, 04:42 PM
got a set of his the other day from Decibel Outdoor '03 and I'm well disappointed, tis a bit boring and some of the mixing is ropey in places.

Hee man!

I was there.. and saw him.. he give the people a great show! his mixing was not always good and alot of hits but it was cool! But i heard him better on Awakenings last time.

Frank Dogshit
17-06-2004, 04:45 PM
what night/club in liverpool was that mark??

Dustin Zahn
18-06-2004, 05:23 AM
Cari can throwdown. He's been to Minneapolis twice now and he rocked it both times (the second time there wasn't many people). Originally, Woody McBride brought both Adam and Cari to Minneapolis for Mental 1754 (or 7154, something like that). The recording of Adam's set is famous and all over the internet, well there is a Cari recording of that night as well and Cari was just as good if not better. If you're wondering if you can get a copy you can't. :)

Cari is the man. He's a nice guy who can throw down when he needs to.

Ritzi Lee
18-06-2004, 07:59 AM
I have always been a fan of his prouctions but have never seen him dj, got a set of his the other day from Decibel Outdoor '03 and I'm well disappointed, tis a bit boring and some of the mixing is ropey in places. I suppose not all producers make good djs, but even some of the tunes he was playing weren't that good, Has anyone ever seen him before, was decibel outdoor '03 just him having a bad day? Also does anyone know if he does a live pa at all??

I was there Decibel!!
You know what the problem was?
There were 3 decks installed.
But 2 of the 3 decks were f * ck * d up.
Defect pitch controlles and all.

I totally disagree with you to call a DJ bad on basis of just one set you probably heared on the net, and never heared and see him live.

:nono:

Scrawny
18-06-2004, 12:19 PM
I never wrote him off altogether, I did pose the questions was that him on and off-day, and now it seems it was due to technical difficulties. Anyway as I also said earlier in the thread I'll probably reserve judgement until I see him myself.

sambo
18-06-2004, 04:55 PM
I just accidently found a link for a lekebusch set (live @ Halo or something)

http://www.lekebuschmusik.se/Ljud/Mystic_letter_K_(Lekebusch)__Halo_Stockholm_part_1 _(2004).mp3

I haven't downloaded it, but maybe this a little bit better...

Joseph Isaac
18-06-2004, 04:57 PM
vet dom som for att or something like that (a green covered doubled pack on hybrid i think????) i seem to remember being a big fave of mine - like a bell sound with the best ride sound i think i've ever heard in my life.

That double pack is his best work ever, in my opinion. Those tracks are timeless...

sambo
18-06-2004, 04:58 PM
the link above is incorrect and I cannot edit :eh:

but you can find it here (it's in dutch, but you can see where the links is...)

btw: I think it's no techno, but lekebusch playing electro and breaks...

sambo
18-06-2004, 04:59 PM
I'm a bit confused today :lol:

here is the link : http://www.partyforum.be/viewtopic.php?t=16371

why can't I edit my posts? :evil:

Adverse
18-06-2004, 07:08 PM

That double pack is his best work ever, in my opinion. Those tracks are timeless...

agreed. chaos and order was a nice shiney piece too.

Bas Mooy
18-06-2004, 07:37 PM
heard cari play a couple of times and have to say he is a really good dj, actually one of my favourites. Also got a lot of nice records from him...really skilled producer...he da man!

jake
18-06-2004, 08:31 PM
i seen em with joel mull rip it up on 3 decks........ back to back mixing it was sick!

SlavikSvensk
21-06-2004, 08:19 AM
vet dom som for att=know those who/which because

he is the man. very good as a dj, but a genius as a producer. aterkommen, awakenings, the two puente latino eps...and let us not forget the brilliant "for the lords" album by his alter-ego mr. james barth!

DJVirulent
21-06-2004, 12:18 PM
IIRC that album was a compilation of most of his previous Hybrid records plus a few new tracks and some of the hip-hop stuff he did (which was quite good). I'd like to get my hands on a vinyl copy, as a punk kid at a rave stole all my old Hybrid records back in 2000 out of my bag while I was using the toilets. :(

Cari can rock it with the best of them on the decks. I learned a lot of my cutting/doubles tricks from hearing his MP3 sets circa 97/98 (yes I'm not very old school). Like others said, usually it depends on what equipment he's playing on. Regardless, his track selection is more often than not solid, and he can really work a crowd.

yeswehavetheright
21-06-2004, 12:33 PM
Saw him play at orbit a few years ago and thought he was pretty good. Nice upbeat mixing with plenty of cutting (which I like!).
Love some of his earlier productions - his first one on Jericho (which he did with someone else, can't remember who) is proper deep lush groovy techno.

DJVirulent
21-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Love some of his earlier productions - his first one on Jericho (which he did with someone else, can't remember who) is proper deep lush groovy techno.

Cari Lekebusch & Alexi Delano - Jimmy's Techniq. First Jericho record ever, and probably one of both Delano AND Lekebusch's best EPs ever. I still play "Jamaica Center" off that one all the time.

SlavikSvensk
21-06-2004, 10:58 PM
i said "for the lords" album...i meant "$tealin' music"

:oops:

anx
21-06-2004, 11:39 PM
his latest release um called...future shock is really really good, im lovin the a side. his percussion is great. same with his drumcode 27.5 remix

278d7e64a374de26f==