PDA

View Full Version : Cubase SX2 - tempo still too quick ?

miasma man
17-06-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey,

Thanks guys for the help with the other prob. We found the controller lane, easy when you know how, heh heh.

[quote=miasma man]
2 - If we want to use an audio sample we have just recorded in Acid it plays really quick. The tempo is set to 140 bpm (same as Cubase SX2) - what is causing it to play so quickly and how do we solve this problem.

In project set up the sample rate is set to 44.100 Khz. The Record Format is 16bit, the record file type is set to Wav File (not broadcast Wav File) in preferences record broadcast wave none of the options are ticked. We've tried changing settings but with no success, the recording still plays too quickly in Acid.

Can anyone please advise on how to sort this?

Any help, as always, would be appreciated,

Cheers

MM

maily
18-06-2004, 09:26 AM
are the sample and bit rate of the sample you are importing deffinately 16bit & 44.1K?

just have a check, I've made far stupider mistakes ;)

DJZeMig_L
18-06-2004, 07:26 PM
go to Pool (ctrl+p), select all audio files, right click and then convert files!! This should make all files conform 2 the sample/ bit rate of the project...

But the best thing is 2 work at the same rate all the time...

I work at 48KHZ 24 Bits... no many theorys can prove beyond doubt that there is any advantage in going above this!

Make sure when U record or do a Export/ audio Mixdown that U choose the same sample/ bit rate as your project!

Z

H3lx
30-06-2004, 06:42 PM
i noticed this problem yesterday

i work at 48k 24bit, and both the samples and the cubase file were set to this, yet on playback it was playing a LOT faster (maybe 15bpm faster) than the actual file was

DJZeMig_L
30-06-2004, 07:42 PM
the only reason is a mismatch between Files/ project characteristic (ampl rate/ bit rate) & soundcard clock! (some cards loose sync)..

Z

H3lx
01-07-2004, 02:44 AM
shit just realised i ran the elements that were playing too fast through t-racks to shine them a little bit. it mustve rendered them to 44k :doh:

278d7e64a374de26f==