PDA

View Full Version : let me give an example regarding mixer

eyes without a face
23-10-2002, 05:23 AM
say i had my 8 channel mixer, am i rite in thinking that the output from my soundcard goes into the main input in the mixer, the output from mixer goes back in soundcard input?

and then, if i had 8 different sounds in a channel each in cubase or acid, i could play em at once and then mix them real time with the controls on my mixer and also edit the eq's. such as add more bass, less mid etc? and then i record my results in mysequencer?

im starting to understand a bit better now i think?
Edited by: eyes without a face at: 10/22/02 11:43:55 pm

DJZeMig_L
23-10-2002, 09:30 AM
each output of yer soundcard goes into a different input channel of yer mixer.

Use an auxiliar out (or 2) plugged 2 the input of yer mixer... this way u just choose what 2 send (and level) 2 b recorded on yer sequencer...

The only prob is that sometimes the aux send don't include eq.... if given a choice, use post-fader.. (which generally means the sound goes thru all stages.. insert, eq, fader b4 being copied 2 the aux out!!)...

U can also use the monitor out, u can choose what 2 record by doing solo on those channels, but u get the same prob. as the pre-fader auxs... unless it a solo in place...

If yer mixer as more than one master out (ex: XLR balanced outs and Jack 1/4 " TS).. then u are in luck just plug the jacks 2 the input and the use mute 2 select what u want 2 record...

Hope this was clear enought!!

Z

MARKEG
23-10-2002, 06:11 PM
NO!

the output of your mixer goes into the amp to your speakers!

MARKEG
23-10-2002, 06:14 PM
BUT YES you could input into your sequencer AGAIN and record what is being inputed. Yes, you could do real time eq changes - we do that.

Nomak
23-01-2003, 02:23 AM
Could you not go out of soundcard into mixer, add effects and EQ and route a submix out to the input of your sound card?

DJZeMig_L
23-01-2003, 01:52 PM
Yes..

ex. record 2 a different track the monitor out of yer mixer!! (make sure u mute this track while recording otherwise u get a feedback.. or make settings on yer soundcard so that it doesn't monitor the signal u r recording!).

Z

278d7e64a374de26f==