http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/30B11MA.mp3

Hoping to actually finish this one :roll:

The Divide
20-06-2004, 08:29 PM
www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/30b14.mp3

Getting there, open for suggestions and shit

dan the acid man
21-06-2004, 12:57 AM
very nice, lot's of lovely nice warm synth's, the bassline is great, really bubbling along, anybody that say's techno is all loops really should listen to your stuff, your tunes are constantly changing :cool:

Mika Silo
21-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Very nice indeed! I always like your percussion a lot.. and the constant change in your tracks which dan mentioned :)
I can't find anything that I'd like to hear different on this one.. Great job man! :clap:

xfive
21-06-2004, 09:09 PM
This has the new-car-fresh scent allllllll over it :)
Props! :clap:

Basil Rush
21-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Yeah this does a lot of things doesn't it ... wicked ... gonna get it on the decks and pitch it up I think :)

steelgrooves
21-06-2004, 11:13 PM
Yeah nice 1 i dig it as well!

The Divide
22-06-2004, 12:36 AM
Thanks you guys, I always expect someone to get critical as I find every track I do always has something about them that sounds a bit wrong or questionable. I wish people would be more critical. I think that’s the problem with been in production, you hear it too much. I went thro a period of altering a lot of this track to make the kick prominent only to find it sounded inappropriate. Met somewhere in between and got a better mixdown tho. Cheers tho that’s wickid :oops: :oops:

Oh and cheers for the Halion advice Jimfish you southern slurrrt!!

http://www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/30B.mp3

Basil Rush
22-06-2004, 01:44 AM
well here's the changes i'd make if it was my track ... i'd definitely look at making the apparent volume of the bass a touch louder, maybe compressing it against the kick. then maybe try and bring a bit of mid into the kick to make it more part of the percussion, a touch of 'tap tap tap' to it. then probably a bit more tension before the drops somehow to make it more exciting ... particularly around 3.58 in just a bit more 'oh my god' before it drops.

then maybe double the length of the one to two bars at 4.18 with a touch of extra tension and introduce a new bit of percussion there, maybe a different flavour of sound something very exciting though ... remember (i know this is a bit of a music diversion here :) ) prince in Get Off, there's a conga sample about 2/3s of the way through that appears and it's fantastic, set in a different space.

then i'd be thinking that i might want to change the way that pad works through the track, keep the music the same probably but throw in a new texture or two with some more detail in it. and personally i'd experiment with dropping to a different chord in the break or something, some really beautiful unexpected change ... it may not work but i'd give it a shot.

but that's only me if i wuz doing it so i'd suggest ignoring me ... cause it is already lovely in many ways

Basil Rush
22-06-2004, 01:48 AM
oh bollocks, that was the first version i was commenting on ...just heard the other one and can't edit my post, anyway i'm sure you'll work out which bits i'm talking about :) doh! doh!

The Divide
22-06-2004, 01:59 AM
well here's the changes i'd make if it was my track ... i'd definitely look at making the apparent volume of the bass a touch louder, maybe compressing it against the kick. then maybe try and bring a bit of mid into the kick to make it more part of the percussion, a touch of 'tap tap tap' to it. then probably a bit more tension before the drops somehow to make it more exciting ... particularly around 3.58 in just a bit more 'oh my god' before it drops.

then maybe double the length of the one to two bars at 4.18 with a touch of extra tension and introduce a new bit of percussion there, maybe a different flavour of sound something very exciting though ... remember (i know this is a bit of a music diversion here :) ) prince in Get Off, there's a conga sample about 2/3s of the way through that appears and it's fantastic, set in a different space.

then i'd be thinking that i might want to change the way that pad works through the track, keep the music the same probably but throw in a new texture or two with some more detail in it. and personally i'd experiment with dropping to a different chord in the break or something, some really beautiful unexpected change ... it may not work but i'd give it a shot.

but that's only me if i wuz doing it so i'd suggest ignoring me ... cause it is already lovely in many ways

Hahahaha thats more like it, cheers thats wickid man. Actually my cpu is struggling. Looks like its going to be a long day of bouncing down tomorrow :cry: . Once the cpu is free I think I will deffo bring in another drum sound at 3.56 and change the texture. I had a gated pad which seemed to fit a previous version. I have already done the bit with the compression :lol:

techno_smack
22-06-2004, 03:39 AM
Great tune, I also think a bit more excitement added to around the 3.58m mark would be a good move. I think the last part of the build up makes you expect something a little more when it kicks again.

Basil Rush
22-06-2004, 12:40 PM
I have already done the bit with the compression :lol:

Yeah, thought the bottom end was sounding better in the newer mix but was getting sleepy and didn't wanna turn it up to disturb anyone by that time last night ... look forward to hearing the next version!

The Divide
25-06-2004, 05:02 PM
www.forbiddensilence.co.uk/audio/30B20FM.mp3

There’s the final version without the edits. Sorry about the low bit rate mp3. :oops:

Col
25-06-2004, 05:44 PM
cool. i like the new pad addition, it adds a very cool element. and again i have to admire your random arrangement.

maybe the kick needs bringing out a little more? seems a little quiet. (i could be wrong mind)

anyway, good stuff dan. give us another one. ;)

dan the acid man
26-06-2004, 10:21 PM
this sounds good, its hard to tell about the kick and bass because of the low bit rate, but they seem to sit right to me, i love the little break at 2.38 :love: .
after the break it really get's going, but i feel it lacks a catchy, stronger hook before the break

278d7e64a374de26f==