PDA

View Full Version : MIDI connecting, Synths, sequencing, without computer???

essential
19-06-2004, 07:56 PM
I want to know, if you have only some synths, sequencer, mixer, and FX, without computer, how can I sequence more sounds from one synth, and how to route that, do I need for every synth and instrument sequencer or only one seqeuncer is enough??? I want to make songs live with analog mixer, etc and record them on DAT or maybe use computer only for recordnig.

P.S.

I want to know if somebody knows what rhythm machine Oxia & Umek use, is that TR-909? their bass kick sounds gorgeous clean and deep and powerful, maybe there is some FX used on or some compress I don't know and I didn't found out how to make that sound.

Thanks

Peace & Respect

Marco

g
20-06-2004, 01:52 AM
what sequencer do you have?

essential
20-06-2004, 04:33 PM
what sequencer do you have?

I don't have any, I wan't to buy:

Novation D-Station, Roland JP-8000, MAM SQ 16 [Step Sequencer] and want to know that can I control with this MUM sequencer Roland JP-8000 and D-Station and some other synth that I will buy or I need to buy some other sequencer or I need for every synth sequencer?

Thanks

acidchild
21-06-2004, 01:11 AM
The SQ-16 would be perfect. It has the 13 drum tracks for your Drum Station, and 3 left over for your JP-8000. I don't know if the JP is multi-timberal (plays more than 1 program over multiple midi channels) or not. I think it might be 4 part multi-timberal?? If so, you can ssign 3 parts for the 3 remaining tracks in the SQ-16. You don't need a computer to sequence with, i don't use one. I use an Alesis MMT-8 to sequence with.

essential
21-06-2004, 02:20 AM
The SQ-16 would be perfect. It has the 13 drum tracks for your Drum Station, and 3 left over for your JP-8000. I don't know if the JP is multi-timberal (plays more than 1 program over multiple midi channels) or not. I think it might be 4 part multi-timberal?? If so, you can ssign 3 parts for the 3 remaining tracks in the SQ-16. You don't need a computer to sequence with, i don't use one. I use an Alesis MMT-8 to sequence with.

Ok then, with that Alesis MMT-8 you can sequence more synths @ same time? that is what I don't understand. If I have this Alesis do I need only one sequencer for sequencing more than one synth or I need for every synth sequencer connected through MIDI serial.

P.S.

What you think for track?
It has 13 steps for drums and 3 steps for synth or it has 13 tracks with 16 steps, I don't understand that, I am just new to hardware sequencing, sorry :)

Peace & Respect

acidchild
21-06-2004, 02:51 AM
13 Tracks with 16 steps. 13 Drum Tracks, and 3 monophonic synth tracks. With the Alesis, it has 8 tracks. Each track can be set to it's own MIDI channel to sequence up to 8 different synths.

essential
21-06-2004, 03:01 AM
13 Tracks with 16 steps. 13 Drum Tracks, and 3 monophonic synth tracks. With the Alesis, it has 8 tracks. Each track can be set to it's own MIDI channel to sequence up to 8 different synths.

thanks, I found one for 15$ in good condition I think I am going to buy this alesis it's cheamper than MUM

acidchild
21-06-2004, 03:08 AM
Cool. But just an FYI...you can't step record with it. You can step EDIT...but only after the info is input into the machine. You'll see what i mean! It's a great sequencer...easy to use.

essential
21-06-2004, 06:27 AM
Cool. But just an FYI...you can't step record with it. You can step EDIT...but only after the info is input into the machine. You'll see what i mean! It's a great sequencer...easy to use.

I don't need to step record, just edit, can I make patterns like in TR-909 if I want more than 16 steps and if I want make some brake or something or 32 step loop or more?

278d7e64a374de26f==