PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Fresh

Sunil
20-06-2004, 01:56 PM
Anyone here ever had any Freddie Fresh moments? One of the best all round electronic producers in my opinion, one of my favourites anyway. I'd be interested in hearing what some of the US contingent on the board think of him too..

Traxx
20-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Yeah i went ive seen freddy fresh a few times the last being a few years ago at t-funkshun in liverpool.....he's got a great tune selection....a real party dj + he can scrtach like a mo fo :rambo:

death on a stick
21-06-2004, 12:01 PM
I heard FF play in London in early 1995 and I can safely say I've not heard anything like it before or since. Super hard, super dark acid. Very unique in my experience. I guess he was dropping all those DBN, Communique etc records that I never bought. Dunno what happened to him though, he went all big beat and turned into the american version of Fatboy Slim. Dodgy 'tache, too.

I understand he's written a book about something or other (hip-hop perhaps?) and that he's a mine of info on records.

Would like to hear any mix sets from around the mid-90s.

MARKEG
21-06-2004, 12:31 PM
unbelievably, i remember mr fresh coming over to our place in about 97/98 for a bong, and then three hours later taking him to play @ orbit hahaha and he absolutely smashed the place up :lol: people spoke about that set for years. oh god what a larf he is. i was so influenced by his analog label, auto electric union was it or something like that too. so many names ;) his studio was just packed full of the oldest analog machines you're ever likely to find. ie analog heaven. hehe. i remember this fantastic essental mix he did too. loads of aphex twin thrown in there. apparently he spend two weeks doing that mix.

i didn't mind his breakbeat stuff actually. but it's not a patch on his older acid based sound.

278d7e64a374de26f==