PDA

View Full Version : June 04 techno mix: yeswehavetheright (aka chris wren)

yeswehavetheright
21-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Alright! Here's my latest mix:

http://www.samhoram.co.uk/files/Chris_Wren_June_2004_Mix.mp3

or if you PM me with your address I'll send you a CD. Big shout to Sam for the use of his webspace - I owe you bud!

Tracklisting:

Nico Awtsventin - Electris
Adam Beyer - Remainings II
Leonardo Gamez - Shutdown
Nico Awtsventin - Images
Johan Bacto -Strike Night
Female - Looking through the eyes of love
Ben Sims - Work It (Vincent D remix)
Oliver Ho - Fusion
Oliver Ho - Earth
Thomas Krome - Woodcarver's nightmare
Christian Wunsch - Amanita
Regis - after taste of guilt
Oliver Ho -Meta 8
Mark Broom - Missing Link
Adam Beyer - Compressed
Gaetek - Art 1a
Samuel L Sessions - Centrafique (Ben Sims Hardgroove mix)
Central - Angel Molina mix
Marco Bailey - Hustler
Reeko - He's coming
DJ Lenk - 142 (2a)
Marco Bailey - In function
Stanny Franssen - 5km long
Tobias van Hofsten - The voice
Icarus - Round midnight
D-Knox - Reformed
Icarus - Alive
Christian Wunsch - Tsunami 004
James Ruskin - Take control
D-Knox - Reformed mix
Mhonolink - Mankind 18
DJ Lenk - 142 (1)
Makaton - Animal Worship remixes (Female/Regis - Goatbone)
Mhonolink - Groove pressure (Joel Mull remix2)
Per Condelius - Stretched
Makaton - Animal worship remixes (Fumiya Tanaka - Last wish)
Icarus - Summertime

71 mins total.

Stella Boy
21-06-2004, 10:42 PM
Just downloading it now. Interesting track selection, looking forward to hearing it. ;)

Sam_Horam
21-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Easy now Chris...

Let's show them how we mash it up on 3 decks in Yorkshire..!

Tiptoe
22-06-2004, 12:03 AM
ggod stuff chris. well put together and spot on mixing mate.

Col
22-06-2004, 12:13 AM
just thought id post for the sake of it, and be the 5th consecutive leeds resident to post.

looks like a contender for sams "tracks per min" crown. :lol:

Stella Boy
22-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Cannot fault the mixing, very tight. Some of the stuff not to my liking but I'll be listening to this quite regular I think. Good mix Chris :clap: ;)

yeswehavetheright
23-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Cheers folks! ;)
Will be aiming to get a new mix posted every month or 2. Expect something a little slower & deeper next time (oo err!!).
If you want a CD copy posting out to you just PM me and I'll do my best to get it in the post the next day.
Ta.

Col
23-06-2004, 04:50 PM
cheers chris, got the cd this morning. i will post my thoughts as soon as i give it a listen. ;)

Col
03-07-2004, 03:22 PM
apoligies for the delay chris. i finally got round to listening to it the other day. ive been so busy downloading sets recently (just got broadband the other week) ive not had much time to listen to any of them.

technically this is brilliant, your mixing is ultra-tight all throughout the entire mix, good use of EQ, and you used the mixer channels to good affect, cutting things up nicely.

on the programming side, everything progressed well right up until track 15, beyond that it seemed to go through progressive stages, but it often seemed to circulate, turning to one shade of techno, before turning to another and then going back again. the direction of the mix seemed a little unsure? although i must admit, you layed down a good 3 track finish, and managed to keep the entire set fresh, never a stale moment.

it was great to see so much variety in your set, playing so many varied styles of techno does make it difficult to program a set which is always going to a specific place, and the amount of tracks you managed to squeeze into this set makes it extra difficult.

overall, a technically brilliant mix, nice variety, and a very lengthy tracklist. you shown good potential on the programming side, but maybe just need to work on that area a little. if you can do that, which im sure you can, then the sky is the limit.

exellent mix chris. look forward to hearing your next one. ;)

Esox Lucius
04-07-2004, 09:08 AM
very nice mix mate :cool:

yeswehavetheright
07-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Cheers for the comments - I really appreciate people taking the time to have a listen and comment.
Never had a review before Col so extra points for that one, Ta!! ;)

I have to admit that I don't really plan my mixes anymore! :oops: I just play the stuff I've got in my box and try and take a few risks.

Sam_Horam
09-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Chris,

I've been having a look through where the traffic to my site has been coming from and I found a site which has posted a link to your mix.

This is ****ing hilarious...bit of a case of mistaken identity I think:

Interviewer: "Finally, Music and DJing aside, what would people reading this be shocked to know about you?

Chris Wren: "Classical Pipe Organ Music is my favorite type of music."

Yeah, well you shocked me with that comment Chris, I had no idea. :lol:

Take a look:

http://www.lekkerlui.nl/LandDownUnder/page.php?id=1395

Sam_Horam
09-07-2004, 06:44 PM
And I've just realised that you and Tiptoe have lead to my bandwidth limit being exceeded...

I'll have to sort that out...

Sam_Horam
09-07-2004, 06:50 PM
Jesus,

In the 9 days of July my site has used 30GB bandwidth. :shock:

It's usually about 20GB for the whole month...

Tiptoe
09-07-2004, 07:21 PM
shit soz mate. Will sort you a couple of beers tonight liie for it. If you need any money towatrds it as well just let me know mate.

Sam_Horam
09-07-2004, 07:26 PM
No, don't worry man. It's there to be used. That means loads of people of got your mixes which is great.

Beer would be cool though.

See you later at Darkside.

Tiptoe
09-07-2004, 07:37 PM
sound mate will have the beers ready :lol:

yeswehavetheright
10-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Chris,

I've been having a look through where the traffic to my site has been coming from and I found a site which has posted a link to your mix.

This is **** hilarious...bit of a case of mistaken identity I think:

Interviewer: "Finally, Music and DJing aside, what would people reading this be shocked to know about you?

Chris Wren: "Classical Pipe Organ Music is my favorite type of music."

Yeah, well you shocked me with that comment Chris, I had no idea. :lol:

Take a look:

http://www.lekkerlui.nl/LandDownUnder/page.php?id=1395

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
The cat's out the bag now!!
Maybe there's some kind of parallel universe thing going on here....anyone know string theory?!

Tiptoe
10-07-2004, 11:59 AM
yeah chris you were dropping some lovely piano organ tunes on your cd mate. Really uplifting stuff mate :clap:

278d7e64a374de26f==