PDA

View Full Version : Live Stream Problems with Internet Radio

Addict
22-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Having a bit of trouble with our live stream when we do live shows over the net, it seems that when more than 3 people connect, connections start dropping/buffering, anyone know a solution is it likely to be the server I am transmitting to or a problem my end?

MangaFish
23-06-2004, 12:21 AM
it would be the server you are transmitting to. the server probably doesnt have a high enough bandwidth. (not bandwidth as in the amount transerable data over the peroid of a month that your webhoasts offer. i meen actual data that the server can send simultainiously)

i assume your using shoutcast?

MangaFish
23-06-2004, 12:21 AM
i hope that made sence?
i have my sleepy hgead on 2day

Addict
23-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I'm not using shoutcast, its a Windows Media Encoder

http://www.resonate-uk.com:8080/ResonateRadio

Barely Human
24-06-2004, 12:20 AM
What server are you using to stream?? If the server only has say 512kbit upload, then you can only have 8 people streaming at 64kbit sec. You preferrably want a server thats sitting on a few 14 gig pipes. It wont be cheap tho, and many hosting companies wont let you stream that much without paying out big bucks.

MARKEG
27-07-2004, 08:39 AM
yeah i looked deeply into this about a month ago. my server ppl told me that for a real audio stream of about 92 kbps for about 20 ppl at any one time they'd need a stand alone server and it would cost me 100 quid a month. now that's quite alot of cash to fork out a month - especially if it's for more of a laugh than anything deadly serious in a business sense of the word. mind you, i was really wanting to do this myself down the line, it's just the organisation of the shows is a major hassle cause you're really have to do it properly. and i think you'd need to find a way to recoup back the 100 quid ie at least find a way for the radio to pay for itself.

if you ask my opinion, i think the best way would be for alot of people to group together and all help each other out. that way, it's done properly on a larger scale, therefore creative more exposure for the station :?: :?:

278d7e64a374de26f==