PDA

View Full Version : SOUND FORGE EXTRACTION QUERY

slavestudios
23-06-2004, 02:18 AM
i know its best to burn audio cds at 4 or 8 times, but is there any rate for extraction thats pretty good ?

i assume if data must go on to a cd at a certain rate to guaruntee error correction, then the same will apply to takin data off a disc ?

any help would be much appreciated.

the reason for this query is ive found some old productions but they were burnt as audio discs only

Evil G
23-06-2004, 02:43 AM
pulling data from a cd should be no problem at any speed.

DJZeMig_L
23-06-2004, 11:28 AM
Do not record audio CDs at higher rates than 8x!

Z

slavestudios
23-06-2004, 01:20 PM
yes dj ze migl. burning ive mentioned. i always opt fo 4 speed when archiving trax or preparing demos...
if its just mix cds for mates or stuff to give away in the club, its as fast as the ****er will go :lol:

can anyone give me a def on the extraction rate ?

the reason is, ive extracted some trax from audio cds in the past & errors have appeared (like someone has randomly snipped 0.5 seconds) although when listening to them on an regular cd player they dont jump.

so, after extracting the same piece 2-3 times i was able to cut & paste the track together in Sound Forge

Basil Rush
23-06-2004, 02:07 PM
ugh, try iTunes for extract, it has two modes a reliable one and a quick one, I'd suggest you try the reliable one and see how you go if the quick one leaves gaps. I imagine one has it behave like an audio CD player when extracting interpolating for errors and the other behaves like a data CD player re-reading when it has trouble.

Evil G
23-06-2004, 03:03 PM
weirdness. i use nero, and i can rip an entire cd with no errors in about 3 mins. never had a single problem.

one thing that might be a problem is if your cdrom and hard disk are on the same ide controller, and it is having trouble doing reads and writes at the same time.

slavestudios
25-06-2004, 02:03 AM
thanx to all

i'll have a nosey at the ide thing

thanx again ppl

278d7e64a374de26f==