PDA

View Full Version : Acid Pro is wikid

eyes without a face
24-10-2002, 02:50 AM
ive been usin it today, making loops in fruity then savin em and arranging in acid, wikid proggy didnt realise u coudl do so much with it

MARKEG
24-10-2002, 05:14 AM
EXACTLY... i think it's a god send... i love it... so does my girl chrissi... we were both totally blown away when we discovered what it could do...

sinner
24-10-2002, 01:17 PM
My only real complaint with Acid Pro is the way they judge screen sizes. I use a 1600x1200 resolution, and I have problems seeing each individual track when trying to arrange things. I have to turn my resolution down just to see the breakpoints and command points properly and thats a bit annoying.

A minor thing to complain about, but I figure thats a good thing for the software then.

Still havent been completely successful with it though, Im giving it more time before I do one of the cry for help things.

Mike

You go in hard, and you go in fast.

MARKEG
25-10-2002, 06:04 PM
God, have you read the computer music review of acid pro4 this month... it basically says it's a pile of arse. And after reading the review they've got a point!

aggressor
25-10-2002, 11:59 PM
but at the end of the day, if it works for you , who cares what the magazine says,

I don't think many people will suddenly stop using it because a magazine says its crap.

Ok somethings in acid could be better , like vst effects and better midi implementation, but the positive things about acid are still there and its just getting better. You have to remember that to a great degree they are judging it against the rrp ( which is quite high ) so value for money is lower .

p.s. if you are a registered user of acid the upgrade prices are very good........

MARKEG
26-10-2002, 06:25 PM
point taken...

BUT I do notice alot more audio glitches with a4 that a1,2 +3. the review also compares it to ableton live, which I used to do my first Live PA with in Brazil last month. If you compare it to that then I suppose you can do nothing but complain! I think if ableton eventually allows you to export seperate wav files, I think I'd switch completely...

but hey, until then.. ap4 is still my top recommendation for people just getting into audio...

Edited by: markeg3000 at: 10/26/02 12:26:45 am

daviec
15-11-2002, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure about acid pro. It's great for knocking up ideas but I found limitations... ie I had an idea for a part of a track but to do it in Acid would have taken ages compared to Logic.

I'm in no way an expert, which is why I found it odd that I was limited by acid pro.

What I do use it for though, and this is my tip for all it's worth..

When you've almost finished a track, try bouncing the whole lot down, and splitting it into sections in a wave editor. Then you can mess about with the final arrangement in acid.

stage.vitaminic.co.uk/daviec

278d7e64a374de26f==