PDA

View Full Version : new to techno

cascade
26-06-2004, 04:15 PM
ok so i was at subsonica watching dave angel play an amazing set. ive never listened to proper techno before but when i was there i got an amazing buzz off it, and ive also been on german trance and found loads of stuff i like, i just wanna know what type type of techno it is.
here are some i picked out that i liked

tik tok-twisted/the colessum
ant-latin datin
chris liberator-spamhead

anyone help me find some more of this techno?> any producers i should check out that are big in the scene?
anyone know what kinda stuff dave angel plays?
hahaha, was anyone with me at subsonica techno room?
:lol: :lol: :lol: ;) muchos gracios

Boboagogo
26-06-2004, 05:34 PM
dave angel is more funky in comparison to the tracks you mentioned. although im sure he can still bang it out. the tracks u mentioned are acid techno so id reccomend checking out the labels hydraulix and stay up forever and maybe 4x4 for more of a mixture. id reccomend listening to any sort of techno you can find as im sure youll find youll enjoy alot more than just the acid/hard stuff.
as for producers check dave the drummer, darc marc, the liberators and ant like u mentioned.

tioneb
26-06-2004, 06:22 PM
if u like dave angel you should first check his own labe imprints called "rotation"

then i guess u could check the following labels : jericho, primevil, terminal m .... there are many better labels like htese imo, but i let you build your own tastes

my personnal recommendation would be you should check the kanzleramt label, the fothcoming diego's album is really great !

djsirround
28-06-2004, 07:43 AM
as my friends are saying there are many labels outhere, also the Techno has developed immensly.

Why don't you check the first Techno label in Malta? www.urbanstaterecords.com.

You can buy it from almost everywhere now, Discomania are doing great job :D

DJ Corbzy
28-06-2004, 01:37 PM
if u like dave angel you should first check his own labe imprints called "rotation"

then i guess u could check the following labels : jericho, primevil, terminal m .... there are many better labels like htese imo, but i let you build your own tastes

my personnal recommendation would be you should check the kanzleramt label, the fothcoming diego's album is really great !

Yeah Kanzelramt is a quality label, I love the Dynamite Sun release on the flip of Belo Horizonte.. ;)

jonnyspeed
28-06-2004, 03:33 PM
ant-latin datin
chris liberator-spamhead

BangingTunes.com will be good for finding other releases like Ant and Chris Liberator. Have a look at in the "techno" and "acid" sections = every track has a sample.

No familiar with Tik Tok, sorry. Now if you'd said Tok Tok...

One of my favourate sites for checking out lots of different tracks (inc. Ant and Chris Liberator) is music-head.de = at the bottom of each track are recommendations of similar tracks/artists.

peace.

jonnyspeed
28-06-2004, 03:38 PM
...as for what type of techno Ant and CL are = London (Acid) Techno or

= the acid bit is often subjective as the tracks don't always have screaming Rowland TB303 basslines. For example 4x4, Stay Up Forever, Cluster and MaxMin could all be classed as acid techno labels - but only Stay Up Forever actually is, if acid means TB-303 rather than dirty analogue. confused? good.

:)

jonnyspeed
28-06-2004, 03:41 PM
for lots more ant/CL style tracks check out "The Germ" mixes (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18727) posted in the techno files section

steelgrooves
28-06-2004, 04:35 PM
If you are new to tecno you should check out all the swedish techno out there!

Hertz,Hardcell,Patrick Skoog,Mhonolink,Johan Bacto,Henrik B

and of course the fathers of the drumstyles all techno follows

Adam Beyer & Cari Lekebusch

All the artists rock the dex and the studio.

As far as the acid stuff you cant get any better then Dave the Drummer!!

DJ Corbzy
28-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah my recommendations to start with would be Skoog, Kay D Smith, Alex K Katz, Robert Natus, Fernando....

AcidBastard
28-06-2004, 08:36 PM
If you want proper techno, hard techno, acid techno whatever techno... Here are some labels I really enjoy, so give them a listen...Although some are kinda old:

Boscaland
Techno Slut
Organgrinder 2000
Shimmy
TEC
Infected
Bionic Orange
Havok
Cluster
Hydraulix
Prolekult
Intensiv
Antidote
4x4
Black Out Audio
Fresh Grind
Getafix
Highland Beats
Highwire
Input
No Entry
Re Entry
Powertools
Paradigm Shift
RAW
Squat
Subvert
Torque
Warehouse
Drumcode
Planet Rythmn
Eukatech

Yeah , yeah it's a long list... But there are so many amazing labels out there! :love:

jonnyspeed
28-06-2004, 09:58 PM
I'll second that and add...

Kiddaz FM (label)
DJ Bam Bam (artist)

Stella Boy
28-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Dave Angel's label, Rotation, is the prefect place to start but you should also try out End to End from which he plays a fair amount. Alot of the more recent releases have had some quality tunes on, albiet they might not grab your ear straight away, but are definatley worthy of any set and can fill a dance floor without any doubt.

basslinejunkie
28-06-2004, 11:31 PM
dont take this the wrong way cascade im not being arrogant or anythin,but i think you should visit all the online shops that stock techno,listen to tracks an decide if you like what you hear or not.far better than all of us just pointing out labels and tracks,yeah this is a help but find what you like out there,not what we like ;) :cool:

gustavo
28-06-2004, 11:37 PM
also check

marco carola

rino cerrone

david squilace

bando

leandro gamez

stanny franssen

mark williams

etc etc

Stella Boy
28-06-2004, 11:45 PM
dont take this the wrong way cascade im not being arrogant or anythin,but i think you should visit all the online shops that stock techno,listen to tracks an decide if you like what you hear or not.far better than all of us just pointing out labels and tracks,yeah this is a help but find what you like out there,not what we like ;) :cool:

Good point and that's a great idea but there's thousands of tunes/labels/sites out there and you could miss out on a whole load of cool stuff if you just stuck to 2/3 labels/producers you like and heard in a club.

sash
28-06-2004, 11:51 PM
then i guess u could check the following labels : jericho, primevil, terminal m ....

Terminal M is the shit!

mindgame
29-06-2004, 01:29 AM
. For example 4x4, Stay Up Forever, Cluster and MaxMin could all be classed as acid techno labels - but only Stay Up Forever actually is, if acid means TB-303 rather than dirty analogue. confused? good.

this can vary - i would say these are acid techno labels , but nu-skool acid techno..
where i prefer 303 acid techno i think this stuff has enough backround and stability in its own style to be its own style of acid techno.

newer stuff like the above mentioned labels as he said arent full of 303 and sometimes you will see they may not have any 303 at all..

i like some of it but i find it to be too bass oriented and not enough focus on the other sounds..they are usually very mellow and hidden in teh backround..most of the time..

dave the drummer does an excellent job of keeping up with both styles imo though..he can do some wicked to mellow 303 shit along with the newer style..

AcidBastard
29-06-2004, 05:14 AM

I did the same thing when I started mixing Drum and Bass :cool:

The Divide
29-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Good luck, its a huge genre with so many different sub genres. Could be a good idea downloading some DJ sets, see what you like and what you dislike. I would imagine you will find a lot of stuff that you don’t like. I know I do

djsirround
29-06-2004, 10:26 AM
also.. if you like some hard stuff check our Audio Assault Records, also its sub label Arms.

Altough its hard Techno in this label I find something different from other labels :lol:

Tik Tok
01-07-2004, 12:19 AM
ok so i was at subsonica watching dave angel play an amazing set. ive never listened to proper techno before but when i was there i got an amazing buzz off it, and ive also been on german trance and found loads of stuff i like, i just wanna know what type type of techno it is.

ant-latin datin
chris liberator-spamhead

im glad to see you picked up on one of my productions ill try and keep this forum up to date with new releases i have

if anyone would like to listen to a clip you can preview it on juno.co.uk only promo copys out at the minute though so i dont know how long the clip is going to be up for

cheers :oops: ;)

jonnyspeed
01-07-2004, 06:40 PM
then i guess u could check the following labels : jericho, primevil, terminal m ....

Terminal M is shit!

harsh but fair

cascade
01-07-2004, 07:58 PM

ant-latin datin
chris liberator-spamhead

im glad to see you picked up on one of my productions ill try and keep this forum up to date with new releases i have

if anyone would like to listen to a clip you can preview it on juno.co.uk only promo copys out at the minute though so i dont know how long the clip is going to be up for

cheers :oops: ;)

cheers mate, yea man well done on that double side track, ****ing excellentay. :clap:

cascade
01-07-2004, 07:59 PM
also cheers to eveyone else whos posted on this thread.

got loads to go and look for now, plus all the wright places.
what do you reckon is the best net techno store?
:study:

The Overfiend
01-07-2004, 08:40 PM
www.juno.co.uk
go to techno and click away
the best way for you to get familiar because they have so much diff stuff instead of us tellin you what to get youll be more objective and open to everything instead of what some people here might say sucks. Good luck and use the force. by the way youre avatar is a lil chavy. is that you stud muffin? :eh:

dirty_bass
01-07-2004, 08:43 PM
yeah, what he said
Also try nuloop.com
click around, find what you like.
Techno is a huge genre, don`t listen to our opinions, make your own mind up.

cascade
01-07-2004, 10:25 PM
www.juno.co.uk
go to techno and click away
the best way for you to get familiar because they have so much diff stuff instead of us tellin you what to get youll be more objective and open to everything instead of what some people here might say sucks. Good luck and use the force. by the way youre avatar is a lil chavy. is that you stud muffin? :eh:
hahaha chavy?
yea its me man.
think im gon have to do something about it if its abit chavy.
will get on the case,
:rambo:

278d7e64a374de26f==