PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help - techno 93-95

Paul Zykotik
27-06-2004, 05:12 PM
I was reminiscing the other day as ye do, about all the old Helter Skelter and Dreamscape tapes I used to have of people like Trevor Rockliffe, Craig Walsh, Colin Faver, Warlock etc etc, and I realised how bloody impossible it is to identify any of the tunes from that era.

So I was wondering if anyone who's been into their techno for a long time would be good enough to list up some of the tunes from that era that got played out by the above dj's. Obviously this is a mammoth task, so just a few pointers would do ;)

And if nothing else it gets us all talking about quality tunes from back in the day!

Paul Zykotik
28-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Good lord - surely someone on here was buying techno when hard crunchy loops were just a twinkle in Glenn Wilson's eye? ;)

davethedrummer
28-06-2004, 10:53 AM
you're right that is mammoth task.

lot's of that old stuff is being rereleased now
like old plus 8 tunes from speedy j etc

i suppose labels like
rising high
magnetic north
peacefrog
axis
djax
disco b

or am i still a bit too current.
i remember listening to the outer limits on kiss and colin favours show and one of my mates used to religously tape them so we could listen back.
but the names of the artists and label just sailed right ovr my head in those days.
however ,i did tape one show when they played the demo of digeridoo by aphex twin the fist time from a cassette!!!! i was obsessed with that track for ages afterwards!

maybe somebody else can be more specific

massplanck
28-06-2004, 12:31 PM
I realised how bloody impossible it is to identify any of the tunes from that era.

!

thats half the buzz though... isnt it?

massplanck
28-06-2004, 12:32 PM
Get some old Trope stuff and off you go. ;)

T
28-06-2004, 12:35 PM
yep I got some fatastic tapes and stuff with mixes by Faver/Dale/Walsh Hall/Angel/Tanith etc etc from obsession/Universe etc etc in the early-mid 90's and there's some seriously good tunes on them but like you say feck knows who by?? well apart from some old Mills, Hawtin, CJ Bolland, The Source Experience, Damon wild, DJ Hell and bits from the detroit people I'm not sure about too much else. Maybe check sdome music by these folks from back in the early 90's but am sure there's a whole lot more i'm missing
Would like to know more as there are some tunes on my old tapes that are fantastic and still sound amazing today.

zaalmoetlos
28-06-2004, 02:35 PM
listen to planetary assault system on peacefrog
old steve stoll stuff
some stuff on zoom wasn't bad
le petit prince
attack
ESP
DJax
redweed
The firts Lost album is wicked

or stuff by
massimo vivona
Joey beltram
Robert Armani
dj ESP

Paul Zykotik
28-06-2004, 02:49 PM
Cheers folks. Yeah I guessed it would be nigh on impossible to identify most of these tracks properly. I'll just have to load up discogs and start plugging away on soulseek...should only take me the rest of my life!

278d7e64a374de26f==