PDA

View Full Version : New tracks from Scott Gray

eyes without a face
29-06-2004, 05:39 PM
hey peeps, got 3 new tracks up, just wantin the opinions on these please girls and boys!

www.scottgray.btinternet.co.uk/Scott_Gray_Total_Environment.mp3 - work in progress, dark, groovy tracl

www.scottgray.btinternet.co.uk/Scott_Gray_Fever.mp3 - work in progress, pumping, funky club track

www.scottgray.btinternet.co.uk/Scott_Gray_Relief.mp3 - full track, funky clubbing number

please let me know what u think, anyone wants em on CD or to use then let me know, cheers

scotty

Tiptoe
29-06-2004, 07:15 PM
links not working mate.

xfive
29-06-2004, 08:00 PM
The links work for me...

I like these Scott! Why'd you have to cut the first one off right as the synth came in?!? :lol:

Post the finals plz!

Cheers,
-Chris

eyes without a face
29-06-2004, 08:06 PM
yeah the links shud work fine now!!!!

the first one i presume u mean "Total Environment"? well its a work in progress, nearly finished it but just left it at that length for preview purposes

final versions done this week definately, glad u liked em

anyone else?

basslinejunkie
29-06-2004, 08:11 PM
i was a bit gutted aswell when it cut off after a min (total enviroments) :cry: love 2 hear the finished version ;) also did you post your mix cd of 2 us scott?? havent recieved it yet :cry:

eyes without a face
29-06-2004, 08:13 PM
"Total Environment" is up now (well the first 3 mins that ive done so far) check it out now

having real problems with CD burner so CDs will be getting done this week im sorry dude!

basslinejunkie
29-06-2004, 08:17 PM
"Total Environment" is up now (well the first 3 mins that ive done so far) check it out now

having real problems with CD burner so CDs will be getting done this week im sorry dude!

ahhh rite,when i downloaded it it was only like 1min 4 seconds long,il have another listen now :)

no problem mate,better late than never ;) :lol:

eyes without a face
29-06-2004, 08:19 PM
aye have a butchers now!

dirty_bass
29-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Sweeeet
Well, you definitely have your own sound.
really quirky

Fever is cool but the overall mix isn`t very dynamic, and all the sounds are grouped into the mid range. Open it up a bit.

Total Environment I feckin laaaarve this mate. That beat is great. Really off the wall, but seriously ass wiggle-tastic. My only complaints are that it all sounds a touch too dry, and digital. Maybe wet down the sounds more with some chorus adn reverb. And run the final mix through valves, or valve emulators. PSP do a good one.

Ha ha. Relief is also wicked. It`s really nice to hear an artist develop their sound, it always puts a smile on my face. You are definitely doin your own thing man, and you should be proud of that. This track is also as funky as james brown on international funk day, wearing his funkiest trousers, drinking new orleans funk juice, singin "Iiiiiiiiiii got tha funk!"

Only thing is the same as your track Red-Star, the kick is too prominent, and I can hear a little bit of clipping there too. There is so much mid range punch in that kick I think it may actually reach ainful levels on a Rig. Maybe tone it down a touch.

Outstanding man. Get that demo sorted, polish it up, and I reckon you`ll garner some releases from it. :clap: :clap:

eyes without a face
29-06-2004, 08:57 PM
heyyyy NNIIIIICCCEEEEE ONNNNEEEE!!! Seriously, big thanks Steveyyyy, im glad u enjoyed these new tracks

haha particulary like the description of "Relief"..... thats a LOT of funk hahahaha. As i said in the pm im glad someone has recognised my tracks for their individuality and not just "ooo it sounds like so and so!", and yeah dude i am proud as ive noticed the development myself, and its a nice feeling to be able to see how far ive come! :)

il get that demo sorted this week definately, its my top priority and hopefully itl do some good for me

jaqbip
30-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Nice tracks... I want to have it on vinyl ;-D

eyes without a face
30-06-2004, 04:34 PM
wikid cheers bro, hopefully these tracks will end up on vinyl one way or another hehe

cheers again

dan the acid man
01-07-2004, 11:09 PM
i have to agree, you have got your own style :cool:
my personal favourite out of these is relief, it is really funky, it just need's a few production tweaks as dirty suggested and it will be mighty fine

eyes without a face
01-07-2004, 11:22 PM
cheers mate, chuffed u like em!

theyl all be finished by the weekend

278d7e64a374de26f==